Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Team Shanghai Alice (上海アリス幻樂団 Shanhai Arisu Gengakudan, meaning "Shanghai Alice Ensemble") is a Japanese dojin game developer and company specialising in shoot 'em ups. The team's only releases thus far have been the Touhou Project games and related merchandise.
Team Shanghai Alice was founded in 2000 by ZUN and six other people who left Amusement Makers, and became the official successor to ZUN Soft. Later in 2005, Team Shanghai Alice made a contract with Rising Star Games to have them become the main publisher for releasing and localising the Touhou Project games worldwide. By 2007, after some discussion, Team Shanghai Alice made a contract with Nintendo which would allow the Touhou Project be released on Nintendo consoles starting with Mountain of Faith.
From 2001 until 2006, Team Shanghai Alice participated in helping out with a few games with Taito Corporation. One of the notable games made with them is Graffiti Kingdom, in which Reimu Hakurei and Marisa Kirisame appeared in the game as the Flying Maiden and Ordinary Magician respectively.
There are seven members of Team Shanghai Alice. The head of the company, pen-name "ZUN", is the main programmer, scriptwriter, graphic artist, and music composer. His real name is Junya Ōta (太田 順也 Ōta Junya), as seen in the credits of his early games. Here is a list of members:
- ZUN - Main programmer, scriptwriter, graphic artist, and music composer for the PC games.
- Aotaka - Helps out with the programming for the PC games.
- Ponchi - Programmer, and also makes the port to the Sega consoles.
- Doku Den P - Makes the Graphics for the Sega version.
- hiroyuki-chan - Programmer and helps with the Music and Sound Effects for the Sega port.
- Mac-Key - Helps with the sound effects and other technical areas for the PC games.
- few - Helps out with some of the programming for both PC and Sega ports.
PC-98, Saturn Era
- 東方靈異伝 ～ Highly Responsive to Prayers (ZUN Soft 1996)
- 東方封魔録 ～ Story of Eastern Wonderland (ZUN Soft 1997)
- 東方夢時空 ～ Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream (ZUN Soft 1997)
- 東方幻想郷 ～ Lotus Land Story (ZUN Soft 1998)
- 東方怪綺談 ～ Mystic Square (ZUN Soft 1998)
- 東方紅魔郷 ～ the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (2002)
- 東方妖々夢 ～ Perfect Cherry Blossom (2003)
- 東方萃夢想 ～ Immaterial and Missing Power (collaboration with Twilight Frontier 2004)
- 東方永夜抄 ～ Imperishable Night (2004)
- 東方花映塚 ～ Phantasmagoria of Flower View (2005)
- 東方文花帖 ～ Shoot the Bullet (2005)
Windows, Pluto, Revolution
- 東方風神録 ～ Mountain of Faith (2007)
- 東方緋想天 ～ Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (collaboration with Twilight Frontier 2008)
- 東方地霊殿 ～ Subterranean Animism (2008)
- 東方星蓮船 ～ Undefined Fantastic Object (2009)
- 東方非想天則 ～ 超弩級ギニョルの謎を追え (collaboration with Twilight Frontier 2009)
- ダブルスポイラー ～ 東方文花帖 (2010)
- 妖精大戦争 ～ 東方三月精 (2010)
- 東方神霊廟 ～ Ten Desires (2011)
- 東方心綺楼 ～ Hopeless Masquerade (collaboration with Twilight Frontier 2013)
- 東方輝針城 ～ Double Dealing Character (2013)
- 弾幕アマノジャク ～ Impossible Spell Card (2014)