The Republic of Alaska is a unitary constitutional republic founded by Archon William Seward and his supporters. Although Seward had originally planned for Alaska to become a US territory, the Johnson Administration pulled out of the deal at the last second. Pulling money from several supporters, Seward bought Alaska from the Russian Empire. In turn, he elected for total independence.
Alaskan citizens enjoy a high standard of living, and the country performs well in international rankings of education, health care, life expectancy, civil liberties, and human development.
List of Archons
- William Seward (1801-1867-1872)
- Arthur Harrison (1816-1872-1890)
- John Henry Kinkaed (1826-1890-1904)
- Frederick Seward (1830-1904-1915)
- William Seward III (1864-1915-1938-1951)
- Anastasia Domnin Therrien (1864-1938-1970-1990)
- William Alan Egan (1914-1970-1984)
- Frederick Seward II (1920-1984-2009-present))
- Henry Lyon (1963-2009-present)