Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The South American Triple War (1864-1870) also known as the "Drei Fronten-Krieg" (The Triple Front War), "Guerra do Paraguai" (The Paraguayan War) and "Jatun Awqanakuy" (the Great War), was a conflict in South America occurred during the final quarter of the XIX Century between the three major nations in South America.
The Brazilian Emperor started to cradle the resource rich area of Paraguaí, a barely controlled space by the Silberach Republic. The Inka is also decided to strengthen its control over the Southern area of the Tawantinsuyu and to prevent any further advance by the Brazilian Empire.
1864: In November, the Brazilian Empire launched an attack over the ancient Guaranitic territories of Paraguái, near the Silberach borders igniting a full scale war between both nations.
- The Brazilian Army is numerically superior to the Silberanien, but the last one is technologically and in quality superior, since the Empire of Brazil relies mostly in slavery force as cannon fodder and infants as standard shock troops.
1865: The Tawantinsuyu seizes the opportunity and launches an annexation campaign on both the Brazilians and Silberaniens territories ( Wanunchasqa and Salta respectively).
- The Inka army is numerically strong yet slightly technologically inferior to it's neighbors' forces.
1868: The Dutch colony of Suriname seizes the opportunity and takes effective control of several territories in the Northwest (politically unoccupied) of it's initial position.
1870: The Silberaniens managed to force back the Brazilian and the Incas reassuring the Paraguaí and the Northern territories, an armistice is sign with the Tawantinsuyu in August.
- The Brazilian Empire looses several western territories to the Inka empire.
- The definitive peace treaty between the three nation is signed in September 7th in the City of Paraguay (OTL: Asunción).
- The defeat and territorial losses against the Inka causes a political debilitation of the Centralized government against the local landlords, who seized such power and begin to thrive allied to the Republicans and liberal movements. Eventually, this will lead to the downfall of the Brazilian Empire, replaced by the United States of Brazil.
- Political and territorial changes: the Paraguaí region is mostly retained by the Silberach Republic (but a 10% of it that is now under the Inka's control), the Cisplatinien region (OTL:Uruguay) is definitely secured as well. The Wanunchasqa Region (OTL: Bolivia) is fully appropriated by the Tawantinsuyu as well as several km inland of the Brazilian territories of Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Rondònia and Acre.
- The Colony of Suriname maintains its effective control of several territories in the Northwest, captured during the war.
- Heavy military industrialization of the involved nations in the military actions.