- The Skavens are mammalian rodents who grow to an average of two to three feet on their hind legs.
- The Skaven live a very short life with the lower classes living to an average of only 27 years while the higher class lives to nearly 42 years.
- The Skaven have a very good sense of smell and hearing but have a horrible sense of eyesight.
- Skavens have a large pair of incisors that need constant grinding to stop them from overgrowing, they often use hard pieces of wood or metal to grind them down, although the can grind them against their bottom teeth if they don't have these.
- Skavens breathe oxygen.
- The gestation period for Skavens is ten weeks, they often give birth in litters of five to ten.
- Skavens reach sexual maturity at one year of age, they often leave their parents at this time and find their own mate.
- Skavens worship three dieties, N'goth the day god, M'goth the night god, and K'goth the earth god.
- N'goth is the King god and is the controller of fire, light, and war.
- M'goth is the wife of N'goth and is the controller of water, darkness and deceit.
- K'goth is the wife of N'goth and is the controller of earth, twilight and peace.
- Skaven males normally have more than one wife and often have huge numbers of children, the largest recorded from one male was 702 children from en wives.
- Skavens are normally married by the time they are one and a half years of age and have children by the time they are two.
- The Skavens live in huge cities that are often partly above ground and below ground.
The Skaven government is a feudalistic society with a strict hierarchy.
- Grand Prince - has complete control, an autocrat.
- Prince - has wide ranging control over their own fiefdoms that span a few systems to entire star clusters
- Duke - controls two to eight systems that is given to them by the Prince as they divide their fiefdoms into sub-fiefs
- Count - controls a single system that is given to them by Dukes.
- Earl - controls one to two planets within a system that is given to them by Counts.
- Knight - an officer who controls an army or naval force, they fight in the Earl's name when fighting local wars or in the name of the Grand Prince when fighting foreign wars, they control a part of a planet that is given to them by an Earl.
- Priests of N'goth - Priests who spread the word of N'goth.
- Priestesses of M'goth - Priestesses who spread the word of M'goth.
- Priestesses of K'goth - Priestesses who spread the word of K'goth.
- Priests' or Priestesses' Spouse - the spouse of the priest or priestess.
- Merchants - wealthy men who gain political power through their vast wealth.
- Wealthy Farmers - wealthy farmers who farm vasts amounts of land and even have limited control over Serfs with the Knight's agreement.
- Middle Class - workers who make a decent living in the cities.
- Independent Farmers - Farmers who are not tied to the land they tend, but are not rich, and do not have any control over Serfs.
- Serfs - Farmers who are tied to the land they farm and live on and give one-half of all they produce to the Knight. They live by the common arrangement of the Knight's protection in return for food to the Knight.
- Slaves - Workers who live in wretched conditions and work for no gain, giving all they produce to the Knight, they are often POW's.
Manners of Address
- Imperial Highness - Grand Prince.
- Your High Majesty - Prince.
- Your Majesty - Duke, Count.
- My Lord - Earl, Knight.
- Madam (abbreviated: Mme.) - Female Noble.
- Father - Priest of N'goth.
- Mother - Priestess of M'goth, Priestess of K'goth.
- Monsieur (abbreviated: M.) - male common person beside slave.