Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Republic of Serbia (Serbian: Република Србија or Republika Srbija) is country located at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe.
It borders with Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria, Greece and Albania.
Government of Serbia
According to the Republican Constitution, Serbia is a parliamentary and constitutional republic. The republic is a centralized and unitary State. The right of suffrage is exercised by all Serbian citizens over 18 years old, that can read and write.
- the President is the Head of State. He appoints the President of the Ministerial Council. He is directly elected in a two-round system for a five year terms, renewable once.
- The President of the Ministerial Council is the Head of Government. He and the members of the Council of Ministers are responsible before the National Assembly.
- The legislative and constituent power resides in the National Assembly of Serbia, an elected unicameral body. It consists of 160 deputies elected for four years.
Territorially Serbia is divided in districts (okrug) and municipalities (opštine). Each district has a District Committee and a District Assembly. The head of the municipality is the President of the municipality, while the executive power is held by a Municipality Council, and legislative power by a Municipality Assembly. The Municipality Assemblies are elected every 4 years, while the President and the Council are elected by the Assembly..
The Serbian Armed Forces are subordinate to the Ministry of Defence. According to the law all males between 17 and 50 years were subjects of military service. The Serbian armed forces historically follow the French model mainly in the organization and equipment.
The Armed forces are organized in:
- National Army
- Serbian Aviation (Srpska Avijatika)
- Serbian Navy
- As a distinct service, Serbia also operates a river flotilla on the Danube.