Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sardinia was one of the most great regions of Italy, and the second large island in the Mediterranean. On the 28 of October 1962 the bombs fell on Italy, battering on Rome and Taranto. The President of the region Mario Melis attempted to contact Rome or any authority outside of the Island, though when no one have responded, they realized they were alone. Melis have called for a special reunion of all the prefects of Sardinia, all the mayors and all surviving military officials of Sardinia in the City of Cagliari. From this meeting it was agreed that they would try to best accommodate for survive.
The harsh winter of 1963 had little effect on the island, this thanks to it's position within the Mediterranean.
A New Republic
The 30 of October of 1963 the regional assembly of the Sardinia (Now called the Sardinian National Assembly) proclaimed the independence of the Sardinia from the Italian government, and any institution made to follow it. The new government was named the Sardinian Republic. The Assembly held conference to write a Sardinian Constitution. The flag and the coat of arms selected were the Sardinian Flag with the four "Mori", an ancient and a traditional symbols for the Sardinian, who used it first during the medioeve.
Merio Melis was elected President of the Republic by the Parliament, on the 1st of June of 1964.
Meet with the Mafia and expeditions.
In the summer of the 1980 a ship of the Holy United Navy docked in the port of Cagliari, saying that he wased of the Republic of the Holy United Crown. The ship was immediately seized. But the sailors refuse to seized the ship, this have brouth at a little firefight between the soldiers's clan and between the Sardinian Guard Cost. After this the ship was seized and used by the Sardinian Navy.
The Republic of the Holy United Crown have try in the year some landings in Sardinia, for overthrow the Sardinian government and expand himself, with the help of the Sardinian Proletarian Armed Squads, A Communist group of Bandits who have made illegal action against the Sardinian Government. The S.P.A.S. was dissolved after the Operazione Mori, a operation of the Sardinian Police for dissolved the S.P.A.S., the Operation was concluse in the 2000, when the leader of the S.P.A.S. was in jail.
Over the years, Sardinia most also started exploring the rest of the Mediterranean, and the republic has made contact with San Marino, Monaco, Albania, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Sicily, Tuscany, Italian Republic and Crimea.
Formally and according at the Statue of the Sardinia (Statuto Sardo) organized as such :
- President (Presidente), elected by the citizens every five years. The post is hold by Francesco Cossiga.
- The Sardinian Assembly has a unicameral system, and is composed by 50 members, elected by universal suffrage.
- Prime Minister (Primo Ministro), nominated by the Parliament. They were responsible for the administration of the Republic. Mario Melis is the actual prime minister.
- The Constitution establishes the Government of the Sardinia as composed of the Prime Minister. The Prime Minister form its cabinet. The appointee it can be a person instructed by the Parliament to form a national unity government in times of crisis for the nation. Either way, the government must receive the confidence of the Parliament.
- The Constitution states that justice is administered in the name of the people and that judges are subject only to the law. So the judiciary is a branch that is completely autonomous and independent of all other branches of power, even though the Minister of Justice is responsible for the organization and functioning of those services involved with justice and has the power to originate disciplinary actions against judges, which are then administered by the High Council of the Judiciary, presided over by the President.
- There is only partial judicial review of legislation. Judicial review exists under certain conditions, established by the Constitutional Law, in the Constitutional Court, or Corte Costituzionale, which can reject anti-constitutional laws after scrutiny. When the Court declares a law unconstitutional, the law ceases to have effect the day after the publication of the ruling.
- The Constitutional Court is composed of 5 judges, one of which is the President of the Italian Constitutional Court elected from the court itself. The judges are appointed by the President of the Republic and by Parliament.
- According to the Constitution, any citizen that is fifty on the day of the election, and enjoys civil and political rights, can be elected President. The President cannot hold office in any other branch of power, and the office's salary and privileges are established by law.
- In addition to powers inherent in being a member of the cabinet, the prime minister holds specific powers, most notably being able to nominate a list of cabinet ministers to be appointed by the President of the Republic.
The political parties of the Sardinian Assembly are :
- Sardinian Communist Party (Partito Comunista Sardo) a anti-fascist party and a leftist party : 15/50
- Sardinian Action Party (Partito d'Azione Sardo) a social-liberal and a central party : 20/50
- Sardinian Democratic Party (Partito Democratico Sardo) a liberal and a rightist party : 10/50
- Sardinian Nationalist Party (Partito Nazionalista Sardo) a nationalist and a far-rightist party : 5/50
The Sardinian Republic is divided into regions, provinces and communes. The Provinces are in the charge of a Prefect, named by the President, who is in charge of all aspects of the state administration and public order. The chief magistrate of a commune is a mayor, elected by the citizens of a city or in special case by a prefect. He was assisted by a Municipal Consul, composed of five councilors named by the Mayor. Cagliari has a Mayor, elected by the Citizens, assisted by a consult of ten councilors named by the Mayor.
South Sardinia :
North Sardinia :
The Sardinian Republic has a mixed economy system. Though traditionally the Sardinian economy has been dominated by agriculture and tourism. Sardinia suffered little damage from the war, and has a surplus of labor at the moment. Education, banking service, security service, telecommunication, transport, health care, social security and access to cultural resources are under the control of the state.
The Sardinian economy is based heavily on agriculture, naval industry, wind energy, light manufacture, mineral extraction, viticulture, fishing and shipping. There is also a small tourism Industry.
The Sardinia is self-sufficient for the energy, they take the energy from the wind power station of the Island.
Health care is free and accessible for all the citizens of the republic, funded by the state through general taxation and direct revenues collected by local health, through prescription charges and other chargeable services.
Most major cities have a hospital or a general hospital. The smaller cities or the villages have a Local Health Office (L.H.O.) (Italian: Uffici Sanitari Locali (U.S.L.))
Schooling is required by law, and free, compulsory education is obligatory until the 17 years of age. The Italian school system is divided into three stages of education :
- Primary education, which includes the kindergarten for three years and primary school, five-year.
- Secondary education, which includes the secondary school level (Middle school) for three years, and the secondary school of second degree (High school) of five-year duration.
- Higher education, including the universities, the higher education in art, music and dance and vocational training.
The city of Cagliari, Sassari, Oristano, Medio-Campidano, Nuoro, Olbia, Ogliastra and Carbonia have some some universities. Cagliari has an officially sanctioned military academy, and a officially sanctioned naval academy.
In the republic, the official news agency is the Agenzia Stampa Sarda Associata (ASSA). The most read newspapers are the Corriere della Sardegna, the Repubblica, the Sole 24 ORE, the Messaggero, the Gazzetta dello Sport, Tuttosport and the Secolo XIX. There are no restrictions upon the press based on religion or other factors.
The Radio Televisione Sarda (RAS) is the property of the state. There are only a few private radio stations, though television and radio are fairly common and popular.
The Sardinian Armed Forces (Forze Armate Sarde) an armed force made up of volunteers. All citizens of 18 years can serve in the Armed Forces for 18 months.
The Sardinian Armed Forces are equipped with M1 Garand, M1 Carabine, MAB-38 and Beretta BM-59 as main rifles, with the Beretta M34 and Beretta M35 as sidegun, they have also use the MG 42/59 and the Breda M35 as squad weapons.
Armed Forces :
- Sardinian Army (Esercito Sardo) : 40,000 Military
- Sardinian Military Navy (Marina Militare Sarda) : 15,000 Military
- Sardinian Military Air Force (Aeronautica Militare Sarda) : 10,000 Military
Internal Security :
- Sardinian Police (Polizia Sarda) : 15,000 Policemen