Third World War in 1952, in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The summit was chaired by Brazilian President Getulio Vargas.
The terms of the treaty were:
- Sovereignty of the Korean Peninsula was to be given to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
- Sovereignty of Germany was to be given to the German Democratic Republic.
- Alaska, Hawaii, the U.S. Pacific trust territories, Yukon, and British Columbia were to be given to the Soviet Union.
- French Indochina would be granted independence as Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, all under socialist governments.
- BRD supporters in Germany and RoK supporters in Korea would be allowed to relocate, without hindrance, to the Netherlands and Japan, respectively.
- American forces would be withdrawn from Japan.
The populaces of several Western countries were enraged at the treaty, causing the rise of politicians such as Joseph McCarthy in the United States.