Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ronald Wilson Reagan (February 6, 1911 – June 5, 2004) in OTL was the 40th President of the United States (1981–1989) and the 33rd Governor of California (1967–1975).
Born in Tampico, Illinois, Reagan moved to Los Angeles, California in 1937. He began a career as an actor, first in films and later television, appearing in over fifty movie productions and gaining enough success to become a famous man. Some of his most notable roles are in Knute Rockne, All American and Kings Row. Reagan served as president of the Screen Actors Guild, and later spokesman for General Electric (GE); his start in politics occurred during his work for GE. Originally a member of the Democratic Party, he switched to the Republican Party in 1962. After delivering a rousing speech in support of Barry Goldwater's presidential candidacy in 1964, he was persuaded to seek the California governorship, winning two years later and again in 1970. He was defeated in his run for the Republican presidential nomination in 1968 as well as 1976, but won both the nomination and election in 1980.
As president, Reagan implemented sweeping new political and economic initiatives. His supply-side economic policies, dubbed "Reaganomics", advocated controlling the money supply to reduce inflation, and spurring economic growth by reducing tax rates, government regulation of the economy, and certain types of government spending. In his first term he survived an assassination attempt, took a hard line against labor unions, and ordered military actions in Grenada. He was reelected in a landslide in 1984, proclaiming it was "Morning in America". His second term was primarily marked by foreign matters, such as the ending of the Cold War, the bombing of Libya, and the revelation of the Iran-Contra affair. Publicly describing the Soviet Union as an "evil empire", he supported anti-Communist movements worldwide and spent his first term forgoing the strategy of détente by ordering a massive military buildup in an arms race with the USSR. Reagan negotiated with Soviet General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev, culminating in the INF Treaty and the decrease of both countries' nuclear arsenals.
Reagan left office in 1989. In 1994, the former president disclosed that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease earlier in the year; he died ten years later at the age of 93. He ranks highly in public opinion polls of U.S. Presidents.
Alternate versions of Reagan have been discovered in the multiverse:
- Ronald Wilson Reagan, 39th President of the United States (Bicentennial Divergence)
- Ronald Wilson Reagan, 38th President of the United States (Bobby Lives)
- Ronald Reagan, President of the United States (Kornilovshina)
- Ronald Reagan, 38th President of the United States (A Peoples' History of the Third Great Patriotic War)
- Ronald Reagan, country-western singer (PS-1)
- Ronald W. Reagan, 39th President of the United States (Republican Century)
- Ronald Reagan, actor (Ronald Reagan stays an actor)
- Ronald Reagan, 38th President of the United States (World War III-1956)
- Ronald Reagan, Republican pre-candidate for President of the United States in the 1980 election. (Return of the Kennedys
- Ronald Reagan, actor (No Reagan)
- Ronald Reagan, 40th President of the United States (The Found Order)