Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The State of the Curch is the legal successor of the Vatican City, who was destroy the night of the war.
Lazio was one of the most prosperous regions of Italy, and the most populous. On the 28 of October 1962 the bombs fell on Italy, battering Rome and Apulia. Rome is now a radioactive slag heap, and until the 1965 Lazio was in chaos. The winter of 1963 caused some causalities in the Province. Pino Rauti who was in the city of Latina for a conference when the bomb fall, tried his best to keep the province safe with the collaboration of Fatelli, prefect of Latina. The government quickly created the Roman Armed Forces to keep the people safe in the newborn republic.
A New Republic
The 28 of October of 1965 an assembly lead by Pino Rauti, Ajmone Finestra and Tonino Fatelli officially proclaimed the Roman Republic. The National Assembly utilizes the Constitution of the Roman Republic. The flag and the coat of arms selected were the Flag of the Roman Republic and the Coat of Arms of the Italian Social Republic, respectively.
Pino Rauti, Ajmone Finestra and Tonino Fatelli were elected consuls by the National Assembly, on the 1st of March of 1966. The consuls ran on a platform of improving the economy, keep the people safe and building a social state. They quickly created the Roman Armed Forces to keep the people safe in the newborn republic, and put agriculture under state control temporarily.
Defense and Expeditions.
In the summer of the 1980 a huge force, composed of 30,000 soldiers of the Republic of the Holy United Crown invaded the southern borders of the Republic. The consuls declared a state of emergency and the Roman Civil Guard was mobilized. The Civil Guard and the Army defeated the Holy United Army in the bloody Battle for Latina.
Recently they have started to annex the ex-region of Umbria. Gen. Alfredo Grimaldo have planned for Umbria to be fully liberated in 1985.
After the liberation of the Umbria the capital was moved to the city of Perugia, considered more safe and more defensible by the consuls.
The City of Rome is under military control and is a off-limits zone for any until the radiation will be disappeard.
Formally and according to the Constitution of the Roman Republic (Costituzione della Repubblica Romana) is organized in the following way:
- There are three consuls. They are appointed by the Assembly with a majority of two thirds of votes cast, they must be citizens of the republic, and the age of 30 years.
- The National Assembly are elected every three years by universal suffrage. It's functions were to elect the consuls, reform the constitution and serve has consulting body on matters of national interest. It's sessions were called by the consuls. It acted as the legislative power of the Roman Republic.
- National Council of the state, chaired by the consuls, and integrated by representatives of all levels of the twenty-two key elements of the economy to meet and resolve problems. Is composed by ten councillors nominated by the Assemby.
- The Supreme Court of Cassation (ordinary justice), State Council (administrative justice), Court of Auditors, lower courts and Chief Prosecutor formed the judicial power of the Roman Republic.
- The Special Tribunal for the Security of the State is autonomous organization only answerable and nominated by the Assembly. It was integrated by civil and military members.
The political parties of the Constituent Assembly are :
- Socialist Roman Party (Partito Socialista Romano), a Socialist and a leftist party : 25/100 Members.
- Democratic Roman Party (Partito Democratico Romano), a Liberal and a rightist party : 30/100 Members.
- Republican Roman Party (Partito Repubblicano Romano), a Nationalist party : 45/100 Members.
The Roman Republic is divided into provinces and communes. The Provinces are in the charge of a Prefect, named by the Consuls, who is in charge of all aspects of the state administration and public order. The chief magistrate of a commune is a mayor, elected by the citizens of a city or in special case by a prefect. He was assisted by a Municipal Consul, composed of five councilors named by the Mayor. Latina has a Mayor, elected by the Citizens, assisted by a consult of ten councilors named by the Mayor.
The Roman Republic has a mixed economy system. Though traditionally the Lazio's economy has been dominated by agriculture and tourism. Lazio suffered much damage from the war, and has a surplus of labor at the moment. Education, banking service, security service, telecommunication, transport, health care, social security and access to cultural resources are under the control of the state.
The economy of the Republic is based heavily on agriculture, naval industry, wind energy, light manufacture, mineral extraction, viticulture, fishing and shipping.
The Roman Republic has a self-sufficient energy industry, producing with energy from the hydro power stations in Lazio.
Health care is free and accessible for all the citizens of the republic, funded by the state through general taxation and direct revenues collected by local health, through prescription charges and other chargeable services.
Most major cities have a hospital or a general hospital. The smaller cities or the villages have a Local Health Office (L.H.O.) (Italian: Uffici Sanitari Locali (U.S.L.))
Schooling is required by law, and free, compulsory education is obligatory until the 16 years of age. The Italian school system is divided into three stages of education :
- Primary education, which includes the kindergarten for three years and primary school, five-year.
- Secondary education, which includes the secondary school level (Middle school) for three years, and the secondary school of second degree (High school) of five-year duration.
- Higher education, including the universities, the higher education in art, music and dance and vocational training.
The city of Latina, Frosinone, Viterbo, Perugia, Terni and Rieti have some universities.Perugia has an officially sanctioned military academy, and Latina have a officially sanctioned naval academy.
In the republic, the official news agency is the Agenzia Stampa Nazionale Associata (ASNA). The most read newspapers are the Corriere della Sera, the Repubblica, the Sole 24 ORE, the Messaggero, the Gazzetta dello Sport, Tuttosport and the Secolo XIX. There are no restrictions upon the press based on religion or other factors.
The Ente Italiano per le Audizioni Radiofoniche (EIAR) is the property of the state. There are only a few private radio stations, and television and radio are only marginally popular.
The Roman Armed Forces (Forze Armate Romane) are made up entirely of conscripts. All male citizens of 18 years have 18 months of compulsory service.
The Roman Armed Forces are equipped with M1 Garand, M1 Carabine, Carcano M91, MAB-38 and Beretta BM-59 as main rifles, with the Beretta M34 and Beretta M35 as sidearm, they also use the MG 42/59 and the Breda M35 as squad weapons.
Armed Forces :
- Roman Army (Esercito Romano) : 20,000 Military
- Roman Navy (Marina Romana) : 5,000 Military
- Roman Air Force (Aeronautica Romana) : 5,000 Military
- Roman Civil Guard (Guardia Civica Romana) : 15,000 Guard
Internal Security :
- Roman Civil Guard (Guardia Civica Romana) : 15,000 Guard
- Roman Police (Polizia Romana) : 10,000 Policemen