The Provisional Republica Argentina claims the history and to be the successor of the Republica Argentina which broke away in 1853 from Spain. During the Apocalypse, Argentina was broken into several factions. One was a Communist guerrilla group and another the Anti-Communist Argentine Alliance. This group was led by Jose Lopez Rega. Due to the Zombie outbreak in Northern Chile, Northern Argentina, and other neighboring countries Argentina has sealed its borders and even some provinces to contain the outbreak in other nations and to handle internal disputes led by Communist guerrilla groups. As of 1973 the tide began to turn in battle and Argentina has begun to drive out the Communist guerrillas and create more habitable space in Southern and the Mountainous Regions of Argentina.In June 1973 Argentina and Chile agreed to a UK-style United Republic. In 1975 the UR has been able to push nearly 99% of Communist guerrillas out of the UR and into Peru and Bolivia.
List of Projects and Proposals as of 1974.25
- Salvador a Mari (Savior from the Sea): Started in 1973.5 expected finish date 1974.25. This is vessel that specializes in research and as a potential hospital. It is expected in 1974.5 to have a smaller sister ship specialized in quarantine and highly risky experimentation and research. Complete (1) Completed (2). In 1974.5 it was announced to increase the program to include deep-sea submarines, expected design and construction of subs will be completed in 1975.50.
- Central Wall: A wall and defence structures from the Atlantic to the Andes Mountains, going from Bahia Blanca, through Nequan, to Conception (Chile). All areas south of the Central Wall are clear of Zombies and extremely loyal with a fierce sense of pride to be apart of Argentina and the UR. Expected Completion 1973.75... Completed. Artillery and Anti-Air added 1974.5
- Rega Wall: Another set of walls and defence structures through Maldonado, Uruguay - Duranzo, Uruguay - Rosario, Arg - Cordoba, Arg - San Juan, Arg - Valparaiso, Chile. Expected Completion 1974.5 Completed
- World Cup 1978: Updating stadiums, hotels, and consumer markets in preparation of the 1978 World Cup. In addition the World Celebration Stadium in Buenos Aires (Name Pending) will be a new state of the art national stadium that will host the World Cup Final. Suggested names include Z-Day Memorial Stadium.
- Antarctic Research: An ongoing permanent project at Orcadas Base on the Orcadas Islands. A highly secure island with little said about the experiment's going on. The Argentine Media presumes they are using the island to experiment on Zombies in search of a vaccine.
- Naval Program: The Argentine Navy has increased to 90 ships, three aircraft carriers, 18 ice breakers, the Salvador a Mari and her sister ship. Consists of 20,000 members and 1,000 scientists and doctors Increasing in numbers
- 1974.5 numbers increase to a total of 22,500 members throughout 100 ships, 20 icebreakers, and naval bases.
- Air Defense Program: Consists of 75 fighters and bombers. Anti-Aircraft guns have been posted on the Central Wall and will be on the Rega Wall. Also around notable bases in Antartida including Orcadas and Maramibo. Work in Progress
- 'Army: Still Increasing as enlistment occurs (1974.5 numbers rises total army to 65k)
- Defensive/Expedition Force: 30,000 soldiers/reserves
- Andean Army: 20,000 soldiers and marines and their vehicles
- Special Forces: 1,500 specially trained soldiers
- Space Program: Acting President Rega (1970-1974), has put political pressure on the UR to start a space program. However, the current tasks are to deal with Communism and the Zombies in Northern Argentina.
- Nuclear Technology: Argentina has begun research to use uranium for possible atomic power that could provide clean electricity for the whole nation.
- United States
- Communist Guerrillas in South America
Argentina recently (1973) sought invitation to join the UCO
Providences and Territories and Claims
as of 1973.75
|Flag||Name||Capital||Type||Date Established||OTL Location||Infection Status||Leader||Area (Sq Mi)|
|Cuidad Autonoma de Buenos Aires||Seat of National Government||Autonomous City||Autonomous City of Buenos Aires||Moderately Infected|
|Cuidad Autonoma de Comodoro Rivadavia||Provisional Seat of National Government||Autonomous City||January 4, 1970||City of Comodoro Rivadavia||Clear, Blockaded|
|Buenos Aires||La Plata||Providence||Buenos Aires Province||Moderately Infected|
|Catamarca||San Fernando del Valle de Catamarca||Providence||Catamarca Province||Moderately Infected|
|Chaco||Resistencia||Providence||Chaco Province||Severely Infected|
|Córdoba||Córdoba||Providence||Córdoba Province||Severely Infected|
|Corrientes||Corrientes||Providence||Corrientes Province||Severely Infected|
|Entre Ríos||Paraná||Providence||Entre Ríos Province||Severely Infected|
|Formosa||Formosa||Providence||Formosa Province||Severely Infected|
|Jujuy||San Salvador de Jujuy||Providence||Jujuy Province||Lightly Infected|
|La Pampa||Santa Rosa||Providence||La Pampa Province||Clean, At Risk|
|La Rioja||La Rioja||Providence||La Rioja Province||Lightly Infected|
|Mendoza||Mendoza||Providence||Mendoza Province||Lightly Infected|
|Río Negro||Viedma||Providence||Río Negro Province||Clean, At Risk|
|Salta||Salta||Providence||Salta Province||Lightly/Moderately Infected, At Risk|
|San Juan||San Juan City||Providence||San Juan Province||Lightly Infected, At Risk|
|San Luis||San Luis||Providence||San Luis Province||Moderately Infected, At Risk|
|Santa Cruz||Río Gallegos||Providence||Santa Cruz Province||Clean|
|Santa Fe||Santa Fe de la Vera Cruz||Providence||Santa Fe Province||Severely Infected|
|Santiago del Estero||Santiago del Estero||Providence||Santiago del Estero Province||Severely Infected|
|Tucumán||San Miguel de Tucumán||Providence||Tucumán Province||Moderately/Severely Infected|
|Tierra del Fuego||Ushuaia||Territory||1973||Isla Grande de Tierra del Fuego and surrounding Archipelago||Clean|
|Islas Malvinas (Falkland Islands)||Former Claimed Territory / Member of United Republics (1973)||1973 - Independence||Falkland Islands||Clean|
|South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands||Claimed Territory / Research and Climate Observation Stations||South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands||Clean|
|South Shetland Islands||Claimed Territory / Permanent and Seasonal Research Stations and Bases||South Shetland Islands||Clean|
and Surrounding islands
|Maramibo Base and Airport||Claimed Territory/ Permanent Bases / Seasonal Research Stations and Facilities||1973||Antarctica from 20W to 90W||Clean||965,597 km2|
|Orcadas Islands/South Orkney Islands||Orcadas Bases||Claimed Territory/Permanent Research Facility (1903)/ Naval Base (1904)||South Orkney Islands||Clear|
|Tierra de San Martin and Tierra de la Trinidada||San Martin Base||Claimed Territory/ Permanent and Seasonal Research Facilities / Meteorological Base (1951)||Graham Land||Clean|