Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Many popular religions that existed before the apocalypse continued to thrive as new communities rose up. Here is an overview of some popular religions that were formed during or after the apocalypse:
- Tchiaq Ukpibun - founded in the area around Fairbanks. Christianity and Native Alaskan Shamanism begin to mix into what is called Tchiaq Ukpibun, literally "New Faith".
- Satanism - founded by Anton LaVey in 1966 before the apocalypse. Currently the most common religion in the Bay Republic.
- Desperiato - A cult founded in rural Cuba. A radical Catholic branch believing that Satan has waged war on the living and only by radical means and fighting shall they be victorious. Founder is Juan Condez, 1970. Means "Awakened one". Theocratic coup thrusts Cuba into the Cuban Civil War. Successful, and The Church of Desperiato takes over the government.
- Zen Taoism - Founded in 1971 in Japan. Based mainly from Taoism, but adds some Shintoist characteristics, along with much focus on Shikaisen and Jiang Shi.
- Rezurrectionism - A highly dangerous cult whose members believe that the first Zombie arrived on Earth via a spaceship sent by God for the purpose of bringing about the Rapture, or the ascendance of humanity. They believe that, since that Zombie was created by and sent by God, Zombies represent the perfect life form. They believe that, upon infection, the soul will enter a state of total harmony and "emancipation from the slavery of humanity." As such, they often intentionally infect themselves and seek to accelerate the infection's spread at all costs. Rezurrectionists are known for their vehement hatred of the Floridian government's policy of isolation and containment.
- Hindu - A pre-apocalypse religion founded in the year 2000 BC. It's mainly found in India and it's the state religion of The New Indian Hindu Republic.
- Terroverdism - (fromTerra Verde, or 'green earth'), is based on the belief that that human technology and civilization has destroyed the ecological balance of Earth, so God sent Zombies in order for the let man realize the damage he did and Earth to be saved and have a fresh start. This could explain why members of the cult intentionally practices nudity in public. Popular in California.
- Anti-Zombieism - The official ideology of Chicago. It combines the public hatred of Zombies and counter-Zombie strategy/tactics. Its three main cores are Defence, Preparation and Offense. (DPO)
- Defensivism - The pacifist branch of A-Zism, they believe that a nation-state should only defend itself and that attacking Zombies is a waste of time, resources and lives.
- Offensivism - The aggressive branch of A-Zism, they believe that Zombies are evil and should be eliminated at once, no matter what the cost.
- Renewalism - A radical religion founded by Neo X during the First Chicagoan Offensive of 1971. Renewalists believe that both Zombies and humans need to be destroyed in order for the Earth to be saved and have a fresh start.
- New Crusadism - Founded in 1970 in California. Based on pre-Z-Day Christian beliefs with a twist that Z-Day was another way for God to clear the Earth, so they must make a holy kingdom for God, making the world pure. Dominant belief in Deseret, and popular among those opposed the Bay Republic.
- Libertad - Social movement popular among Hispanic-Texans who see the President as using them for cannon fodder against the Zombies, Libertad is dedicated to the overthrow of the government of Texas.
- The Storm (العاصفة) , or “The Storm” - is an Islamic extremest group vowing to remove Israel and Turkish-Israeli supporters. Calls for the establishment of strict Sharia law in the Middle East. Responsible for many terrorist attacks in Turkey and the EHU.
- Islamic Liberation Mujahideen - Following the outbreak of the Middle East War and the perceived unjust acts against the Islamic world by Turkey, the Islamic Liberation Mujahideen was founded as a loose affiliation of the EHU militia.
- Iron Shield - The Legion of the Iron Shield is a group of extreme right-wing officers and medical practitioners who combines the belief of public hatred of Zombies and the veneration of the state, a devotion to a strong leader, and an emphasis on ultranationalism, ethnocentrism, militarism, and irrendentism. Founded by Louis Pittankel, who was strongly influenced by Victorian morality, Italian Fascism, and Nazism. Winning the elections in Northern California by landslide victory in 1984, Pittankel and the Legion takes over the government.
- Emancipators - Small social movement in American southwest that believes that they are the sole successors of America, and that they can only re-establish America by conquering and enslaving all native populations. Originally founded by an enigmatic leader known only as Revere, and composed of a few tribes.
- Nationalist Party - Reactionary, conservative party that supports the claims of the Habsburgs. Strives to eliminate pre-doomsday Austrian government. Most popular party as of the 1976 elections.
- Progressive Party - Founded in Salzburg following the successful advances of the Nationalist. Viewed as an alternate to jingoistic nationalism.
- Liberal Party - Successor of the pre-Doomsday Freedom Party of Austria. Began to take root in in the west of Austria in 1976 before the first election.
- Tōhōkai - A Japanese far-right nationalist party, founded in 1971 by Tōshoku Karahashi. Despite its being a successor to the original Tōhōkai, it has some differences.
- Liberal Democratic Party -
- Komeitō -
- Social Democratic Party - Formerly the Japanese Socialist Party, but was dissolved and succeeded by the Social Democratic Party in 1982.
- Independence Party - Successor to the original Alaskan Independence Party in OTL. currently the largest party in Alaska, Its members are likely 150,000.
- Liberation Party - Radical socialist party formed by followers of Miroslav Zhandov. in all actuality, this is just the political arm of the ARL
- American Party - Party that believes in closer ties with, or in some cases, reunification with the USA, their member are fewer than 16,000 members.
- Green Party - Second-largest party in Alaska. Similar to modern Green Party, except larger with 80,000 members.
- Democratic Party - One of the two major contemporary political parties in the United States, along with the Republican Party. The party currently promotes a socially liberal and progressive platform.
- Republican Party - One of the two major contemporary political parties in the United States, the other being the Democratic Party. First founded in 1854 by anti-slavery activists. Today the party's platform is generally based upon American conservatism.
- Libertarian Party - Third party that reflects the ideas of libertarianism. Founded in the early 1970's. Its members were 900,000
- Green Party - Fourth party that reflects the ideas of green politics and they are centre-left to left-wing, like Alaska's Green Party they are larger - between 500,000 members to 600,000 members.
- Republican Party - Similar to pre-apocalypse American Republican Party. Lead candidate is Bill Clemens.
- Democratic Party - Similar to pre-apocalypse American Democratic Party. Unpopular among Hispanic minorities.
- Unionist Party - Party highly opposed to war in New Mexico. Popular among Hispanic minorities and poor class citizens. Lead candidate is Ramsey Muñiz.
- Texan Know Nothing Party - Popular party with a highly xenophobic slant and republicanism views. Is very favorable toward war with the New Mexican nations. Current candidate is David Duke, former KKK member.
- Libertarian Party - Third party that reflects the ideas of libertarianism.
- Liberal Vanguard Party - This party promotes a socially liberal and progressive platform. Successor to the original pre-doomsday Democratic Party in OTL.
- Republican Party - Successor to the original pre-Doomsday Republican Party in OTL.
- All-California Socialist Movement - A Marxist-Leninist organization that once supported Albert Wood during his regime. It promotes to re-install a Communist government. Also adopted milder version of Anti-Zombieism, continued from its predecessor.
- People's Congress of California - another prominent Marxist-Leninist organization in California following the death of Wood. It consists of nearly all of the country's workers' unions.
- Golden Bear Party - Reactionary, conservative party that favors the creation of a monarchy in California.
- California Freedom Party - Party that calls for an end to war in the California region, neutrality and for the creation of a free democracy known as Jefferson. The party initially gained a small following among soldiers and those living along the border.
- National Labour Congress - A center-left party that promotes a Californian brand of democratic socialism, being careful not to take the trappings of authoritarianism. The party also favors the use of Zombie labour for basic physical activities in the workforce.
- Legion Party - The political arm of the Iron Shield. It is a far-right nationalist party supporting the emphasis of Victorian morality, nationalism, irrendentism, militarism, and reunifying all the successor states of the former US state under their control (reconquista). The very first neo-Fascist organization since World War II. Was once the largest and primary ruling party in Northern California. Outlawed by the Treaty of Sacramento
- Communist Party of California - The sole Communist party in Northern California until it splits to two parties after the death of Albert Wood. Predecessor of the All-California Socialist Movement (the armed branch) and the People's Congress of California (federation of worker's unions)
- Conservative Party - This party has long dominated Dinetan politics. Founded by Haskie, and split from the Republicans, this party has long sought to remain isolationist and traditional. They favor Navajo rights and a strong militia, but no professional military. They also favor in general more traditional, status quo policies. Recently this party has slipped in favor of the Nationalist and Liberal parties, but they still remain the majority. In politics, they are in the center of the right wing. Many Conservatives have left the Council, putting the future of the party in jeopardy.
- Republican Party - This party is a direct continuation of the pre-war American party. They tend to favor less government intervention in daily lives, and business being more of an influence on the government. The Republican party is almost always the second largest party, but unlike the Conservatives, the Republicans tend to be rich capitalists, and their numbers have stayed steady, unlike many other parties. In politics, they range from middle-left to center-right.
- Liberal Party - This party tends to be center-left. They tend to be much less isolationist than most other parties, and are more supporting of Dinetahn nationalism, but they are still rather isolationist. They focus on the growing of Dinetah's population and industry and recently have taken a huge leap forward in popularity. In fact, the ex-Head of Foreign Affairs who supported the anti-isolationism of Dinetah was Liberal, and has influenced the party greatly.
- Navajo Tribal - This party is the last of the "Old Four," parties that have not risen in recent years. They are center-right to far right, and mostly consists of Navajo tribe members. They support a strong tribe-Dinetah bond, and support the oligarchy and meritocracy of Dinetah. Out of all of the parties, this one has taken the biggest hit in popularity.
- Nationalist Party - Out of all the parties, this is the newest, only recently being founded. Its founder believes that Dinetah is destined to be a great power, and that we need to support expansion of population and military, and need to develop a strong sense of national identity. This party ranges from center-right in some issues, to far-right in some others.
- Progressive Party - This party has historically been the smallest. It is very similar to the Liberals, but more socialist. They dislike the Republicans and have gotten into major disputes with them.
- Dinetah First Party - (Merged with Nationalist)