|This 1983: Doomsday page is a Stub.|
Many traditional recreational pursuits have become since Doomsday ,even more popular they were before, and initially were seen as a way of escaping from the harsh reality of life after the devastating nuclear war.
Types of recreation
- Amusement Arcades: Arcades have become popular in developed nations; these include mechanical pinball machines.
- Board Games: Snakes & Ladders, Monopoly, War (Risk) and other board games are most popular in Europe, Asia and South America; and they're also easier to produce than other recreational types.
- Chess: The classic medieval game still survives, and it is the only game that has an international championship; the pieces are now most commonly made from wood.
- Card games: Card games are tradional played at Las Vegas, Macau, and other casino type cities; Cards are made from thick paper stock.
See more at: Arcade Games
After the doomsday, various arcades were destroyed and others were danificated, but as the demand of recreation increased (people would like to forget what they lost and have some fun playing games), the amusement arcades such as pinball and slot machines become popular and then heavily produced.
Great casino cities import amusement arcades as they are traditional to those kind of cities; In average, amusement arcades correspond to 10% of the casino cities revenue.
There are various kinds of amusement arcades, such as:
- Slot machines
- Coin-operated Shooter games
- Wheel of Fortune
A lot of board games were destroyed, but many survived as the tradition of playing board games with family and friends survived too. After Doomsday the demand for board games and other recreational types decreased and almost stagnated, still with the reconstruction of the society and with a new Golden Age arriving at various nations as condition of life increased in the past years, board games returned to be popular in the 90s and in the XXI century.
There are various types of board games and various board games:
- Role Playing
- Snakes & Ladders
- War (Risk)
- Dungeons & Dragons
Chess continued to be the most traditional and well recognized board game even with the Doomsday. Chess it's know for being a board game for intelectuals, since it is a game that needs the strategy skill. Chess Championships were scheduled more in European and North American countries. (WIP)