The Ming Dynasty still rules over the vast lands of China. On the other side of the world, the Hundred Years War continues between England and France. Europe is still stuck in the old ways of feudalism and chivalry while the notions of a New World are considered figments of the imagination.
We welcome you to the long-awaited fourth expansion of that immortal series. Welcome to Principia Moderni IV! Starting in 1400 AD, this is the dawn of the modern world and the tail end of the Middle Ages. The Renaissance is just kicking off in Europe, while the nations in the western side of the continent are locked in the last gasp of the Hundred Years War. The Muslim world is still reeling from the invasions of Turks and Mongols, with the Caliphate resting in the collapsing Mamluk Egypt and the Ottomans on the rise in Anatolia. Make it count.
The first game was the most successful on the wiki, leading all the way to the modern day with mostly plausible posts and little controversy. The second game reached almost to the modern day, but failed due to a plethora of ASB events and moderator bias. The third game was much more worthy of the first, almost running into implausibility but climbing back into a shining glory by the end. Riding on the latest reforms of map games since the end of PMIII, this is the most logical next step in that evolution. Remember, above all other rules, — have fun.
|Papal States||Sicily||Scandinavia||Russia||Illinois Confed.|
|New Granada||China||Swiss Confed.||Terra Incognita|
The Night's Watch (Moderators)
- Lord Commander Scrawland
- First Ranger Wolves
- First Builder Callumthered
- First Steward SkyGreen24
- Maester GunsnadGlory
- The Mountain that Rides Feudy McPlagueface
- The Rising Tide Solace
- Eunuch User:Person67
|15th century||16th century||17th century||18th century||19th century||20th century||21st century|
|Back to Game ● View ● Edit|
All users currently on the wiki may play unless otherwise noted.
A ban from plausibility strikes lasts 30 days, after which the third strike is repealed and the banned player is unbanned. However, the newly unbanned player rejoins the game with two strikes, as a form of probation.
- Bear - 1648
Three strikes and you're out! Each strike resets after 30 years of the most recent strike.
- Fallacy I
These are strikes for moderators and how they moderate. The same three strikes rules apply. If a moderator is banned from moderating. However, they can still play as their nation. Mod strikes can be delivered in one of three ways:
- If a sufficient number of players (more than half of all players voting) vote to give a moderator a strike.
- If I, Scraw, give them a strike.
- If a majority of all mods (i.e., more than half of the total number of mods, excluding that moderator) vote to give a moderator a strike.
Moderators can be given strikes for the following reasons:
- Exhibiting bias that would benefit the nation they are playing.
- Exhibiting bias that would negatively affect a player they have a personal dispute with.
- Making a ruling that contradicts a proven fact from OTL or an established fact from earlier in the game.
- Overruling a decision of a majority of moderators.
We're trying to move through turns faster, only possible if people post fast. Person.
The government in Austria falls and the Germania front takes over. Revolutions continue elsewhere with calls for more true democracy. In Prussia the Germania front supported by weapons supplied by the Rhineland attacks conservative politicians.
- Japan: Western Advisors brought over from Burgundy are appointed to a special government department known as the "Western Industrialization Commission".
In the city of Sapporo, the first modern factory is built in Japan with the help of Burgundian architects. In the Governate of Fiji, a massive shipyard is constructed. European technology imported from Burgundy begins to be implemented in the cities of Edo and Kyoto. The Japanese navy is expanded and updated. Settlement starts up again in New Caledonia and New Britain. A colonial outpost is also created on the largest of the Solomon Islands, with the Japanese officially laying claim to the islands as dependencies of the Papuanyu Governate. Papuanyu is also expanded along the coast with the new land being set aside for plantations in the core of the island, where deforestation occurs. Japanese traders start trading in the Indian Ocean. Shinto continues to syncretize with Catholicism. The Japanese police force becomes more standardized and are equipped with modern weapons. More Japanese people drink coffee so they can do more work. In Edo, several Japanese scholars become infatuated with liberalism and write the book "Kyōwakoku" or Republic, on the values of democracy, republicanism and liberalism and how they could be applied to Japan. The book takes hold in a minority of the pro-western intelligentsia while most still favor a near absolute monarchy like Russia or a semi-constitutional monarchy like Burgundy. In December, a popular vote is conducted and most people favor to dissolve the parliament. Prime Minister Tojo and the Emperor's cabinet take heed of this and begin making plans for a second Japanese constitution. Missions are built in Papua, Sulawesi and Java. Catholicism becomes a prominent religion among natives in Angu-Zia.
- I thought your date on industrialization was 1860? ~Nic
- I'll see what Scraw and Person have to say, but as Nic pointed out, the industrialization date that was approved was 1860, not 1850. And although you may now have Burgundian technology/architects, that still does not mean you have the resources to begin creating factories until later. -Sol
- I said begins, the technology is extremely sparse and mostly symbolic. Full scale industrialization will begin in 1860.
- Swahili: We continue colonial expansion in Northern Somalia, in the South and in the Malindi and Mombasa area. Colonization increases as medicine and weaponry become more widespread. In the Swahili heartland, the profitability of cloth factories and cotton farming had led to a sharp increase in number of slaves. More soldiers enter the Swazi land, now numbering 100,000, to assist them with defense. Several new roads are continuing to be built in Aliwa and Rowzi to supply the soldiers. The marines launch an attack upon the Zulu coast.
- Sefuwa: All Swahili colonies in Southwest Africa are organized into Sefuwa. Colonisation begins to connect the settlements.
- Huriya: Political integration continues with Swahili bureaucrats being sent to oversee more political processes.
- Rowzi: Political integration continues with Swahili bureaucrats being sent to oversee more political processes. As more soldiers enter Swazi, Rowzi is even more closely integrated to improve logistical efforts.
- Swahili Diplomacy: We request British and Iberian support for future industrialization in return for foodstuffs and goods.
- Iberian Diplomats: We will accept these terms if our rightful claims in Angola are returned.
- Belkan Empire: Under the leadership of Zaiyetsev and the tsar, Vladimir, the Belkan armies absolutely wipe out the mainland armies of Samothrace and keep a heavy blockade on the Kretian forces while preparing a massive landing for of nearly 400,000 to land at different parts of the island to simply overwhelm whats left of the Kretians. The economy - after two years of buildup and repairing from the civil war - has undergone good development but not up to top level growth yet. The reunification of the secessionist states continues with Bulgaria officially being fully readmitted to the Empire as a full state after its repairing operation had gone smoothly and large amounts of political elections has resulted in loyalists elements taking complete control of the legislation there. While the imperial government retains majority control it seeks to implement a long standing objective of ending the final breakaway state and fully reunifying Belka in its entirety launching a huge operation against the remainder of the Krete/Samothrace Federation. The operations are launched in quick succession overwhelming many of the islands and seizing the undermanned forts relatively easily. The only difficult fight stands in Krete itself where the final stand at Harakleion ends in a brutal yet Decisive battle. With the seizure of all of the disputed territory, the small Islamic Federation ends and its leadership is jailed and its architects hung for treason. The territories are quickly reintegrated as military governates while they are rebuilt to a point of rejoining the empire as full states. For the first time since the end of the civil war population growth is in the positive with Belka boasting 57 million people and growing. some smaller cities have effectively been rebuilt while the countryside and smaller villages are rebuilt. The end of the final war against the third Belkan breakaway state leaves Belka with a standing 1.2 million strong army, almost all veterans. The very decisive actions by France diplomatically bring Belka to no other choice but to leave its military standing and the Robust Belkan banking system allows for favorable and large loans to finance the army and the rebuilding. The recent deals with Egypt open a whole new market for Belkan goods which does help with the profit margins. The Belkan navy finishes its expected modernization plan and unveils altogether the 25 modern ships it has constructed over the last few years. Five 120-Gun armored sheathed ships-of-the-line, ten 80-gun armored sheathed second-rate ships-of-the-line, four armored steamships boasting 60-guns, and six 50-gun Heavy Frigates. Multiple older ships are retired from service to balance out service costs. Belka officially sends a few regiments consisting of 30,000 men to Egypt in a show of good faith as well as advisors and arms to facilitate Egypt's adoption of Belkan Shock warfare tactics.
- Russia: The Cossack settlers of the Great Basin and the territories of Kartoshka (OTL Idaho area) start their conquest north to Avalonian Plains west of the Rockies (this is Alberta, using Avalon as the name because there is no name for Canada). Gold is discovered flowing from the Yukon River leading to a gold rush in Alyeska and people moving north planting land claims. The city of Lucentum (OTL San Francisco) is renamed New Constantinople and becomes a major hub for sailors to get drunk and gamble. Many of the rich in the New World colonies move to the city. In other New World news, the colonial territory of Aleutia, the first overseas colony of Russia is admitted into the empire as a Province, this kick starts the beginning of colonial integration with the Mainland. In the heartland of Russia near Kursk, plumes of smoke come from a small farm house and people think a fire had broken out. It turns out this is a working steam motor from the Cherdenkos. The father and son are brought forth by the tsar, and are given imperial funds to develop steam engines for the Russian armed forces and public. Crown Prince Vladimir at 19 decides to tour the New World colonies, but takes a ship from Stevastapole to New Valois to establish diplomatic relations in Laurentia, namely Brésil, his journey will take him to the coast of Burgundian Patagonië, up to New Grenada and eventually Russia’s rival in the New World, Aztlan. Tsar Konstantin decides to wave a hand of friendship to Russia’s old friend Hungary seeing the new French alliance, to re-establish the defensive pact with Hungary, formerly known as the League of Eagles (Mod Response).
- Yeah, Hungary and Russia sign a defensive pact. Person.
- Prussian Diplomacy: Seeing how Prussia feels uneasy over the French decision to include the Rhineland's into their alliance, we seek for a friend to our East to join their alliance of the League of Eagles.
- Burgundian Dip: like Prussia, Burgundy also looks to join the League of Eagles.
- France: President Alarie properly resigns after having an affair with a prostitute, ending his marriage and effectively tarnishing the Conservative Party's reputation as an honest, fair and Catholic political faction. Due to the President's failed reforms and a decreasing economy, the call for a new constitution is made by the National Committee, after both citizens and politicians decidedly begin seeing the Republic has weaker than the Monarchy that had existed prior. Thus, the government is re-formed from a unitary constitutional presidential republic to a federal constitutional parliamentary republic, with the position of President being replaced with Chancellor, and the position of Vice President being replaced with Premier. Elections for the newly created positions of Chancellor and Premier are intended to occur in the next year, with the current Vice President being placed as the temporary Chancellor until then. The federal system, inspired by the late Belkan Federation, is partially implemented, with federal state elected politicians making up the new National Congress. The elections for the National Congress are made this year, and out of the 110 seats available, the New Democracy Party obtains 49, the Republican Party obtains 29, the Neo-Monarchist Party gains 15, the Bonaparte-Monarchist Party gains three seats, with the remaining eight seats being made of independents. The military is organized into ten divisions of 100,000. Industrialization continues. By the end of the year, the battleship known as Le Napoléon is created, supporting 90-guns and a purposed steam engine. Inspired by the deceased man of the same name, it is meant to pay homage to the power that was Napoleon and his influence in France. Only one is created at this time and it is expected that another one shall be created once per year for ten years total. After years of research and development, the French scientist Pierre successfully isolates a type of anti-malarial drug from the bark of a tree in the Cinchona genus, allowing for the successful treatment for malaria (and before someone decides to be like "oh, well that shouldn't be possible at this time", let me remind you that quinine was not only isolated in OTL France, but it was also isolated in 1820, so I think for it to have been isolated by now and with the French having had a large reason to begin research into an anti-malerial drug (especially due to the failed colonization of the Kongo), it is both reasonably and overly plausible). Russian bouque music begins relatively popular, with music preaching about the industrial worker's life, the common soldier's lows, and pipe dreams about the perfect state. Most of these musical artists originate from the southern French regions of Occitania and Basque, as well as Navarre and portions of coastal Savoy. Popular artists include Pierre "Little Peep" Dufour, Alfred "Logic" Dumont, and Jérome "MadeinBSQE" Sardou. the port cities in mainland China continue to generate trade between the western Republic and the eastern Empire, and with the full buyout of the Papua colonies having been finished, trade with the tribal states in Papua begins, allowing for the exportation of high quality goods and the importation of modern technology and literature, as well as Christianity. A military alliance, known currently as the Pact of Steel, is offered to Sicily, the Rhineland, Poland and Hungary, and is meant to be a large, systematic military alliance that can take on the powers of Belka and Britain, in the case of another European war happening (Scraw). The population reaches 31 million by the end of the year, and although nationalism is at a median, it is on the rise following a very popular and enlightening year in France.
- French Ere: Christianity continues to be implemented in society, now displacing Islam. Although Kuzirism is still relevant in parts of the state, it has substantially declined in popularity due to Christianity. In terms of governance, schools are further updated with French cataloged information about technology and medicine, as well as how to build most industrialization technology that has been either re-worked and reverse-engineered by the French at some point. Agriculture flourishes as it always seems to do. The neighboring tribal warlord states, Warri and Nri, are offered colonial vassalization into the larger French Benin, with the same offers that were given to the state of Ere.
- The Rhineland and Poland agree. The Papal States catch wind of what's going on and secretly send word to France that they would greatly prefer if they didn't align with Sicily. Hungary is too scared of Belka to join in. -s
- French Diplomacy: It is decided that Sicily will not join the defense pact, and it is requested that the Czech State join the military pact instead.
- Ethiopia: Ioshua sends an expedition to find a study the source of the White Nile in order to further understand why the river flows North instead of South. To attract more European investors and settlers the more upscale parts of Addis Ababa, Axum and Adulis are slowly paved and bricked. To keep unemployment low the government contacts men to help pave more roads around the country and clear trees for more farm land. The Red Sea fleet begins its modernization program, aiming to become the model of what a fleet should look like in Africa. The populace continues to like the rule of Ioshua known for being a gentle and caring Emperor. Coffee and cereal products continue to be churned out at a high rate in workshops. With life generally improving people now have more time to spend their money and coffee shops begin to slowly pop up in the major cities.
- French Diplomacy: If Ethiopia has any valuable or rare resources, the French would like to begin trading.
- Ethiopia Diplomacy: We have gold, platinum and coffee to offer.
- French Diplomacy: Excited after hearing about there being gold and platinum in Ethiopia, an envoy of diplomats are sent to Ethiopia to work out a sort of 'protectorate' agreement (OCC Solace: Basically, you continue playing as Ethiopia, but I have claims over you in Africa [for an idea of how this would look, see British India on the map]. If you agree, I can send stuff over and you can begin proper industrialization).
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland: The reinforcement of soldiers in Ireland is continued with last year's militia raising send to Ireland. The Irish Famine Act is passed fining landowners for renting out plots of land less than £5 in yearly rent because it is seen to be the cause of the problem that the poor don't have enough land needed. Mass evictions continue, while in attempt to appease the rest of the Irish, exports are allowed again and a lot of the land taken from the smaller land holders goes to larger land holders or a few individuals. The rest are forcibly moved into India. Uluru receives a wave of Indian settlers who settle in Uluru and set up farms. England has a population of 15.4 million, Wales has 1.1 million, Ireland has 5.7 million people, and Scotland 2.6 million. In Britain, based in southern England, the army rests at 5000 professionals with 40,000 men in Ireland. There are two fleets: one at Portsmouth and one at Bristol, each comprise ten first-rate ships-of-the-line, 24 second-rate ships-of-the-line and 50 frigates. The number of railways being built increases with connections between the coal mines and industry towns on the north. Industry is expanding quickly due to Britain's trade networks. The gold rush continues as more people move to Uluru and others are transported. Further prospecting continues in search of more precious minerals. The expedition down the Nile returns having taken casualties but they can testify that the Nile is very long. Finding a cure for the tropical diseases becomes important but isn't managed yet. Work on the ports in British North Africa is begun to expand their capacity. A fleet comprising two first-rate ships-of-the-line, seven second-rate ships-of-the-line and 14 frigates is dispatched to Egypt to support them in their conquest of the Sinai.
- India: The movement of goods to Europe speeds up again. Further training of a central army occurs. The British continue work on Rohtasgarh Fort. The mass arrival of the Irish in west India is tough for the Indians but they're told to keep to themselves largely so it's fine. Indians are taken from cities and stuff and moved to Uluru.
- The king thanks the British for their support and in return, orders a mini-port city to be built on the OTL location of Port Said, and for it to be named after the current king of Britain.
- Sultanate of Egypt: The Sultan declares himself King of Egypt instead of the sultan, and renamed Egypt into the Kingdom of Egypt. We send diplomats to both Belka and Britain to establish diplomatic ties with them, and offer them to station their troops in Egypt, and say that we will lease the Suez Canal to both of them for 100 years of they both jointly administer it, in exchange, they will send doctors, teachers, military advisors, and allow foreign exchange students to study in their capitals and universities, along with them both supporting Egypt against the Arabs (FEUD AND PERSON RESPONSE NEEDED!!). We continue to slowly build up our infrastructure, such as continuation with roads along the Nile, and starting to build up more of our major cities such as Cairo and Alexandria. European weapon designs are adopted and begin being built and supplied to our soldiers on the front lines in the Sinai. Old Egyptian architecture and culture is celebrated and paid homage to in the form of the first ancient Egyptian museum in Egypt, which has King Muhammed Ali II in person there to open the new museum. The museum includes many ancient artifacts found during the Napoleonic Wars, and has the most charable artifact of all time, the Rosetta Stone, on display. The museum is styled in a combination of old Egyptian architecture and modern European architecture. Islam is also included in a celebration of Egyptian history and culture, and living an Islamic life is highly encouraged, and many anti-drug and alcohol laws are passed this year, in attempt to gain support from the Caliph in Cairo. Parliament passed new legalisation fully legalizing public Coptic worship in Egypt as a whole, and takes it to the next step by introducing freedom of religion to Egypt, and actively encourages diversity in religion. Militarization of the mouth of the Nile continues, and many soldiers are placed around the Nile, with many military ships patrolling the Nile River.
- Belkan Dip: Belka agrees and immediately requests a similar port to Britain near Alexandria as well as sending engineers to begin looking at the development of Suez.
- The king automatically agrees and offers a one-year lease of the port city of Damietta, which Belka can renew every year by paying Egypt 300,000 USD.
- Republica Iberia: In 1850 Republica Iberia continues the reforms aimed at pulling Iberia into step with the rest of Europe. The High Command of the Fuerzas Armadas de Iberia continues the reforms of the Army, bringing Sandoval Rifles into service in the Brigada Assalta and a carbine version into service with the Brigada Rapida and Brigada Colonia. By the end of the year the entirety of the Iberian Army is equipped with the Sandoval Rifles or Carbines. With the navy’s shipyards brought up to speed the navy orders the production of eight first-rate frigates and 12 second-rate frigates in addition to the 16 third-rates already in service. The hulls of the first four first-rate steamships-of-the-line are completed this year while the hulls of another four of the second-rate steamships-of-the-line are also completed. The hulls of the other four first-rate steamships-of-the-line are laid-down along with another four of the second-rate steamships-of-the-line. Efforts continue to modernize the older ships from the First Republic and the Navy begins using the sailors as a workforce to help in the modernization efforts. Industrialization of Northern Iberia continues with strong growth in coal production and factory construction. The iron industry continues its boom around Toledo and large textile plants open across Catalonia. Rail service continues to expand and and many cities have at least some form of access. Cotton from the increasingly productive Andalucia floods into Catalonian textile mills. Farming flourishes in the South as the large system of water management allows some farmers to grow two crops in a single year.
- En las Antillas Ibéricas: La Asamblea Colonial continues to encourage the production of sugar for export and sale. While the region faces stiff competition from other sugar producing countries the business is still profitable. The Colonial Legion of 2000 is kept as a standing defense force of the Antillas.
- En las Indias Orientales Ibéricas: La Asamblea Colonial continues to encourage the production of spices for export and sale. While the region faces stiff competition from other spice producing countries the business is still profitable. The Colonial Legion of 2000 is kept as a standing defense force of the Antillas.
- En África Ocidental Ibérica: Colonial Governor, Santiago Fernández resumes his plans for expansion once more with the continued support of the Brigada Colonia from. The colony now spans from Maghreb to nearly the north bank of the Rio Senegany (OTL Senegal). Facing impenetrable desert inland the colony expands into the last remaining land in the strip of coast. With no direction for colonial expansion, voices of empire grow restless in the colony and parliament of Iberia.A Diplomatic Envoy is sent to Senegany (the country just south of the Iberian Colony) offering protectorship. A detachment of 1000 of the Brigada Colonia accompanies the envoy to the border to act as encouragement. (Mod Response Needed)
- French Diplomacy: Iberia is offered membership into the military alliance: Pact of Steel.
- Iberian Diplomacy: Membership into the Pact is rejected as Belka and the United Kingdom currently do not threaten Iberian Sovereignty.
- Brésil: The territories acquired in Argentine are integrated fully. However, dissent is cracked down upon as well. The new king ascending to the purple is a 26-year-old man named Tomás de Valois, and he has plans for the nation. He subsidises the lumber industry as well as the shipping industry. He promotes settlement of the interior and encourages farming along the Amazon River. Barges carry food from farms in the Amazon to the coastal cities, supporting a lot of growth. The armed forces are expanded, with new equipment coming in, as well as a small arms manufacturing company. An offer is made to Iberia, asking for an island in the east for Brésilian trade. Also, the Tomás doctrine is established, saying "We, the Brésilians, feel that it is our duty to secure our independence. To further this interest, we hereby declare the unquestionable sovereignty of all nations on Laurentia and Arcadia, and will fight any outsiders who violate this aforementioned sovereignty. An attack on Laurentia or Arcadia is an attack on Brésil. In addition, we believe in self-determination, thus, any European nation with a presence in this hemisphere should withdraw or else invoke the Brésilian ire."
- Kingdom of Burgundy: Early in the year, the States-General authorizes the establishment of a new African colony, and after some consideration the location of OTL Monrovia, Liberia is chosen. Once the initial fort is constructed, it is named Lodewijkstaad, after the last king. With the signing of an alliance between Napoleon's Rhineland and France, King William orders the fortification of the Rhenish border, as well as the continued efforts on the French border, of which the Saint Quintin strategic fortress is nearing completion. Frederik Haussmann returns to the royal military after being granted an artillery contract last year, presenting a design for an artillery piece with a rifled barrel, and a screw block (OTL Armstrong screw breech) to allow reloading from the breech instead of the muzzle. He presents several designs, one for a three-inch diameter piece to serve as a light field gun (OTL Armstrong gun), and two different six-inch rifled cannon designs, one as a heavier field/siege gun, and one for use on warships. The naval variant design is sent to the appropriate department of the Royal Navy so they can properly test it, while the army is sent the three- and six-inch field gun designs. While the first prototypes are being built, it is expected the first tests will take place next year. An envoy is sent to Borneo, offering them protectorate status under Burgundy (mod response, please).
- Borneo accepts these arrangement out of fear. -s
- Kingdom of Prussia: Prussia is politically fractured. On one side, you have the liberal groups being led by Schikelberger and on the other, you have Becker. Both sides seem to be leaning away from their original ideals and are noticeably becoming more radical. The king stops having support of Becker as it had moved away from what the king saw as “True Conservative Values”. The Deutsche Neutral is established by Otto Hess. He having a level of Charisma higher then Becker or Shickelberger gathers the public eye under a view of peace, prosperity, and unity. Not in any separate faction but one in order to remain a balance within. Moderates from both ends of the spectrum, mainly citizens flock to his speeches with one being held in Rostock that discussed the idea of political Harmony and that how either factions had the wrong idea for Prussia and saw the Germania Front plus the diminishing liberal front and not to exclude the movement started by Karl Becker as factions that could not coexist and each at the very end seeking dominance to oppress the other. Hess went on gaining large crowds and also published a book called The Art of Union. It laid out the ideals that could help balance out and lead to a better society and organized factions directed to people who had plans and future ideas of having their own organizations and such but also gave light on what could go wrong and how to limit corruption. Hess was later quoted by a local newspaper discussing not just his book but the two conflicting sides of the Liberals and Conservatives as “A match without a spark. Only time will tell when they will cause a tragedy”. That day struck at 3:00 PM on March the 3rd. It occurs in Neubrandenburg following a speech made by Karl Becker. As he turned around to walk off the platform, a bullet is fired. Karl is dead. What ensued was a riot and screams as the counter rally organized by supporters of the Germania Front and the Liberal Front which included Schikelberger began to fire back at the Conservative organizers as guns pinned against each other and thousands of people were left amidst the chaos. The square where the speech was held became a war zone with both factions shooting and beating up one another and civilians that had been minding their own business and trying to hear from both sides were left trampled and dead. By the time it was contained, eight officers, 28 civilians, and 48 faction members were killed. The king was furious but felt empathy for those lives unfortunately lost. He had taken his time from the palace as a leader to attend funerals of the police force and civilians killed and laid out a message to the Kingdom advocating for political unity but does not hesitate to put blame on Napoleon. He mentions that if the leader had not funded the movement and if compromise could have been made, this would have likely not had happened. Across the nation, people marched in memory of those lost from all likes and groups. In the midst of the recovery, Schikelberger was killed by a gunman after he was accused of the murder of Karl Becker. This marked an end to the factions as both sides had their reputation in shambles and the leaders of both sides agreed to dismantle their groups. Due to the Germania Front having close relationship with the Liberal Front and had taken part of the event have several of their members charged with murder and the Germania Front being labeled as a Domestic Terror Group following their acts and attacks on Conservative politicians that happened to be members of the Diet and links to “Bloody Monday”. They were also not permitted to take part in any government affairs. This year following the events of what happened on “Bloody Monday”, Hess marched with his group to Neubrandenburg and stayed silent for 84 minutes in memory of those lives lost before giving a speech advocating once again for unity and peace with even former Members of both factions participating with one another. Family members of those lost also showed up and the other hundreds that were injured also took part. Hess following the votes after running with party members gain 28 seats. This astonishing victory showed evidence that the people wanted change and not just any change but peace and unity. In the meantime, the king gives the order to build defenses around Poland to ensure they would be a limited threat while on the Bohemian Border, defences and railways for our military are established. Fortifications are continued along the Rhenish border and materials and guides for further fortifications are sent to Saxony. We continue to focus on a naval build-up as well. Maximilian fears the power Napoleon has when it comes to influence and also how powerful he could be in theory when it comes to leading a military. In July during a cool summer day, an assembly is called with several military generals, marshals, war strategists, and university experts on the history of warfare and so forth. In this assembly, they are given the job to meet back in Berlin three times a week to discuss planning an offensive and defensive measure against Napoleon. This top secret planned was code named Operation: Blaue. Studies of the Belkan Civil War and strategies used by Napoleon are researched on as well as what the enemies flaws were are all done in extensive levels of government secrecy. Posters to report any suspicious activity from Germania Front Members are posted Nationwide. The fall of Austria is seen as no surprise and we request the newly established Austrian government to allow us to hold their royal family in exile. The bank charter act is passed preventing any new bank from being able to print banknotes and every time a bank is purchased, it will have to remove its notes from circulation. This leaves the Bank of Prussia in Berlin as one of the main producers of banknotes.
- Saxony: Defences continue to be built while anti Germania Front Posters are posted across the region with tight security for government facilities and such.
- Greater Hussein: Elfenbein finally unites with the rest of Hussein and the territory is named Greater Hussein. In the meantime, more roads and homes are established as the German populace continues to rise with a new wave of migrants.
The potato famine continues. Give it a bit longer but it's cooling now.
With revolution and protests spreading across the continent and the overthrow of the Austrian government, the Germania Front in Prussia declares a revolution in the name of a United Germany and they ask Rhineland and Austria to invade. The people reject the tyrant king's label of "domestic terror" and identify themselves as true patriots. They cry out for true German hero Napoleon to save them. The revolutionaries take control of Magdeburg and Cottbus, which become the focal points of revolutionary activity. People across the country are in revolt. Shickelberger is assassinated as an enemy of revolutionary thought.
Arab-Persian War ends in a decisive Persian victory. Check the map for the new borders.
Revolutionary elements overthrow the government of Sicily. However, the revolutionaries are pretty stupid and disorganized and within weeks their provisional government collapses due to infighting between the two leaders of the revolutionaries. The military deposes the revolutionaries under the pretenses of restoring order and the old regime but they end up establishing a permanent military government.
- Kingdom of Egypt: Cheering and dancing can be seen all over Cairo, as people welcome back the soldiers who fought fearlessly against the Arabian army to re-establish rightful Egyptian sovereignty over the Sinai Peninsula. In the city of Suez, people cheer and welcome the Egyptian soldiers, with many soldiers firing bullets into the air to signal victory. The king publicly thanks the Governments of Belka and Britain for aiding Egypt in retaking the Sinai. Egyptian soldiers in the Sinai are ordered to stop the offensive at Eilat (in present day Israel), and are told to entrench themselves and told to begin building up their defenses for a possible Arabian counterattack. The day will be forever be known as “Sinai Day”, as declared by parliament. We also declare that we will honor our deal with Britain and Belka and will Accept any cartographers who wish to map out the region for a future canal (FEUD AND PERSON RESPONSE NEEDED). We continue to build up our infrastructure, as new roads continue being built around the Nile, along with the expansion of the major cities of Alexandria and Cairo. Construction of the soon-to-be British port begins, and is to be named “King George’s Port”, and is located in the OTL Port Said area. Parliament and the Prime Minister begin to look South, as they wish to build up the mostly rural and weak infrastructure of Kush (Sudan), and order for the building of a brand new city in the OTL place of Khartoum, which is to be named “Alia” in honor of the Muhammed Ali Family. The king orders beginning the building of more schools in Cairo and Alexandria, along with rural towns in Kush, to increase the literary rates and to educate his people, with the school architecture being based on British Architecture. Parliament passes an education reform, which sees Egypt adopting a combination of Belkan and British school systems. Egyptian History continues to be consolidated throughout Egypt’s architecture and entertainment, along with education, as the king encourages and personally funds exhibitions to uncover more of Egypt’s history. King Muhammed Ali II, in order to gain more support and popularity among the Caliph of Cairo, encourages an Islamic way of life for all Egyptian Muslims and their families, and also encourages Studies of Islamic History and Sciences. A Secret delegation is sent to Addis Ababa, which tells Ethiopia to not accept protectorship of France, and instead to align itself with Egypt, as Egypt will trade and invest in Ethiopia.
- Belkan Dip: We immediately send cartographers and engineers to look into the Canal Zone.
- France: The democratic elections take place at the beginning of the year, and Frédéric Daladier of the Conservative-Nationalist Party wins the election in a surprising 59% majority in comparison to the Democratic Party electee Gerard Avril. However, the Democratic majority of seats in the National Congress remains relatively high still, allowing for the democrats to maintain a power in the decision-making of new policies. The military is increased to a total of twenty divisions of 200,000 total soldiers, and after preparing society of the plans, explaining how more natural resources like iron ore are needed to further industrialize the state, as well as saying how "democracy is freeing the people of the coast to better their lives", war is declared on Maghreb in hopes of taking both Morocco and Algeria. Two companies of 75,000 soldiers each are sent to the respective locations (being Morocco and Algeria, that is), and two fronts are opened. By the end of the year, both Morocco and Algeria are occupied with minimal casualties taken. With the quick defeat of the Maghreb Sultanate over the period of a few months, a treaty is ordered by the end of the year, asking that Maghreb cede everything west of the OTL Tunisia border to France (Mod, Algo is posted). With citizen uprisings taking place around the occupied territory, suppression begins as the 140,000 troops set up military camps and bases around the cities of Algiers and OTL Rabat. Any hint of opposition is taken violently in this occupation, with any and all opposing forces being shot or killed. Modern industrial military technology is sent down to French Ere. Military fortification building begins on the Burgundian-French border, as well as the Iberian-French border. With Belka joining the Maghrebian side of the conflict, the cities of Algiers and Rabat are placed on lock down, with the 140,000 troops located taking the high ground of the cities, as well as blockading the entrance to the city. Mass and extensive conscription is expected to take place next year with members in the League of Eagles rising, and it is expected that the military troop numbers will raise from 200,000 active to 750,000 active by mid next year. The military budget raises from >1% GDP to almost 10% GDP, due to the expectancy of another large-scale European war occurring in the coming year and the need to be prepared for invasions at every corner. The Pact of Steel is effectively put on a "war warning", telling leaders of the Rhineland and Poland about the oncoming war and the steps needed to prepare before the outbreak.
- French Ere: Conscription begins, with military generals and other advisers training soldiers in case of "the call for arms". By the end of the year, the military numbers 20,000, with the population being 2.2 million. The neighboring states of Warri and Nri are threatened to join French Ere, and if they decline, then war should be expected to be declared (Mod).
- Iberian Diplomacy: Upon hearing of this blatant Frankish incursion into the Iberian sphere as prescribed in the Mediterranean Concord, to which Belka is a signator, the Republic dispatches a diplomatic envoy. The Republic sends an ultimatum to the French Government to abandon this attack on Maghreb. Otherwise, the Iberian Fleet will be forced to interdict the French invasion forces. Furthermore, the diplomats remind France that it recently fought a disastrous war and that its allies in Germany are also on the brink of conflict.
- Belkan Dip: France is reprimanded in its blatant and obviously provocative invasion of Algiers as an attempt to try to force Iberia into a war over a sphere of influence while in a time of extremely high tensions in Europe. Belka responds with a total cessation of trade in key industrial products Belka has a decisive manufacturing advantage in. (I know I export a large amount of these products to most of Europe) including high quality steel, high quality cannons, munition, military related supplies, as well as huge amounts of iron, and railway components of which Belka is one of the industry leaders in production.
- OOC Solace/ French Dip: As long as France has no status of membership in terms of being an observer or actual member of the Mediterranean Concord, then it does not apply to France. And no offense, but Iberia is seen as lapdogging Belka at this point with the Concord. And another thing, is that France hasn't fought a war since 1843, and due to the fact that the war was not a victory nor a loss, it is simply cataloged as a small but lengthy conflict and thus does not majorly effect political and public opinion toward any future conflicts past that point that does not include Burgundy, including the Franco-Maghrebian War that is going on now. To go back to the Mediterranean Concord, the "division" of the Mediterranean Sea does not take in account French naval/general presence in the Mediterranean Sea, thus invalidating it further. Not to mention that not even the Papal States haven't even partially recognized it. And just because a war is about to break out does not mean I can't do some colonial conquest while I wait. And another thing, if Iberia were to intervene in my colonial war because you, Steph, have interests in the region also, then I will call my allies to the conflict, which would probably cause the League of Eagles to be called to arms against the Pact of Steel because of Belka's membership in that, starting the Second Napoleonic/Large European War. Now after threatening war and debunking all of your reasoning for possibly stopping my conquest of Maghreb, do you still want to do what I think you are about to do? Globalism, even at a European-limited level, is ineffective still. I hope this doesn't change anything major between our nations; I just want you guys to respect my new claims on Africa. Now, please stop with this "splitting this and that" stuff like the Papacy did with Spain and Portugal in OTL and let me get some territory in northern Africa.
- And I'm going to say this now, but is Person seriously allying with the anti-Napoleon League? Like, he had no problem not helping in the largest European conflict a decade ago since the early 1800's but now, all of a sudden, he is band wagoning and ready for war? And to be fair, I have not been totally aggressive at all, as I am merely debunking and stating reasons for what I am doing against three people. But oh well, the more the merrier. -Sol
- You have made no secret that the Pact of Steel was anti-British for no reason and your alliance with Napoleon is working with a long term enemy. I didn't intervene in you going after Burgundy nor would I have intervened in the Pact of Steel yet you're forcing this on me but unlike Mrs May when someone threatens me I punch them before they carry out their threat. Person.
- Anti-British? I thought you were staying neutral. And you saying how "working with a long term enemy" is hypocritical of you since you are in the same alliance as Burgundy, which has a more extensive differential history than British-Napoleon. -Sol
- The Pact of Steel is clearly stated to be anti-British. You can't be neutral with your enemy. I would be neutral but you say you want to fight me. Person.
- The demand made is basically almost all of Maghreb, Maghreb beseeches foreign powers to help them defeat France. Maghreb is probably going to have to surrender next turn, though. Person.
- Belkan Dip: Belka agrees to help and requests military access.
- Yeah, Maghreb grants military access.
- Russia: The Cherdenko steam engine tests the first locomotive on a platform showing it can work. National funds are allocated for building a railway from Novgorod to Feograd. In military terms, seeing how woefully outdated the Russian fleet is, it is decided to update the existing western fleets. 50 more ships would be added to each fleet over the coming years which would bring the total Baltic Fleet number to 200 and Black Sea to 150. Meanwhile, military plans are drawn up for future conflicts in the west and to Russia's south central. In foreign policy news, Burgundy is with open arms let into the League of Eagles, and with heavy consideration, Prussia is accepted with a five to four vote on the war and foreign affairs council. The Colonial Administration with backing of the tsar offers to sell Russia's claim west of 110th Meridian West in Arcadia to Scandinavia for whatever sounds price is reasonable with us (Mod Response). The famed Finnish Captain Kauko Haikkinen sets off for one final voyage, a trip from Helsinki to Cinigrad in Alaska rounding the cape, back down the coast of the New World to Helsinki up the Atlantic. Halfway there a sudden storm off the coast of Ere and lands on the African coast at the base of a river in the night. In the week that passed Haikkinen and his men fought valiantly against the black natives with their Kalashnikov breech rifles and cannon fire from the ship. By the end of the hot week of fighting and near running out of ammunition a Burgundian ship out of the horizon appears and rescues the men. The area where Haikkinen landed was labeled Finnish point. The saving was also a fundamental reason on Burgundy's entry into the League. A special committee was set up, and while Haikkinen was back off doing his adventure around the world. A group of 200 soldiers with a few wives established Fort Posadka Krovi on the Africa Coast (OTL Libreville, Gabon). In Arcadia the first elements of the northern Sioux fight against Cossack settlers in "New Siberia". The Yukon Gold Rush continues as settlers pour into the region. Many people just sail up the Yukon River in armed boats or just march through the Pyotr Mountain Range. In New Constantinople the drunken palisades of life get to the better of some people, a disgruntled gold miner and former sailor, along with being a Baltic German has a new hobby. Playing local bar named the Feodor gets him noticed in the music community. This man, a Stephen Mueller begins to right his own music and publishes them in song books. His current influential songs are, "Space Cossack", "Little Girl", "Chernobog", and "Going to the Country". Because of the sudden outbreak of war in the Mediterranean involving a League member, 500,000 troops are ordered to mobilize in preparation for war as commanders start to draw up plans.
- Belkan Dip: We show great interest in joining the League and submit an official request for admission.
- British Dip: We offer an alliance against French aggression to Russia.
- The League of Eagles Committee accepts the British and Belkans into the alliance.
- Aztlan: Aztlan focuses on the new trading colony of Quilmes and gives it autonomy similar to the Hong Kong of our timeline making it more like a puppet state then a colony.
- Republica Iberia: The Provisional Capital in Valladolid is abandoned in favor of a newly constructed capital in the centrally located and historically important city of Madrid.The heightened tensions across Europe and the size of armies in the Franco-Burgundian War leads the Republic to become more militarized to preserve its sovereignty. The High Command of the Fuerzas Armadas de Iberia begins a national armament and organization program. Youths across the country are registered for military service and beginning in 1852 all 18-year-old males will be required to attend local regimental training camps for six weeks after harvest for a national reservist system. Furthermore, the Army orders Sandoval Rifles for a national armory in Toledo, plans are in place to have 200,000 rifles and carbines stockpiled there within the next five years. The fortification of the Pyrennean line are strengthened and the majority of the Iberian Army takes up positions in the few mountain passes, and the coastal lowlands. With the navy’s shipyards brought up to speed the navy orders the production of eight first-rate frigates and 12 second-rate frigates in addition to the 16 third-rates already in service. The hulls of all eight first-rate steamships-of-the-line are armed and outfitted, and all eight enter service in a christening ceremony attended by thousands in Barcelona. Another four of the second-rate steamships-of-the-line are also completed, and all eight completed ships enter service. The Navy decides to order another four first-rate steamships-of-the-line which are laid-down alongside the last four of the second-rate steamships-of-the-line. This will place the Iberian Navy on par with many of the other European navies and well ahead of those of most nations. Industrialization of Northern Iberia continues with strong growth in coal production and factory construction. The iron industry continues its boom around Toledo and large textile plants open across Catalonia. Rail service continues to expand and and many cities have at least some form of access. Cotton from the increasingly productive Andalucia floods into Catalonian textile mills. Farming flourishes in the South as the large system of water management allows some farmers to grow two crops in a single year. Envoys are sent to Belka to discuss the formation of a Mediterranean Concord to protect peace in these troubling times. The Frankish decision to invade Maghreb shocks the nation. The Mediterranean fleet of eight first-rates, eight second-rates, and 12 third-rates are deployed to rendezvous with the Belkan squadron. Plans for mass conscription are accelerated due to French aggression and by the end of the year the whole manpower of Iberia will be available for service. Hundreds of thousands of young men volunteer to join the Iberian Army after hearing of the dire nature of the continent. Meanwhile, the recruitment offices organize regimental training exercises and begin to produce the vast body of reservists needed for the coming war. Military spending increases dramatically and two new Sandoval Rifle plants open this year. The Border is placed on high alert, and an additional 200,000 fresh recruits arrive at the Frankish frontier placing the garrison of the 38 star-forts of the Pyrennean Line at 272,000. The Pyrennean Line is continually fortified and awaits a French assault.
- En las Antillas Ibéricas: La Asamblea Colonial continues to encourage the production of sugar for export and sale. While the region faces stiff competition from other sugar producing countries the business is still profitable. The Colonial Legion of 2000 is kept as a standing defense force of the Antillas.
- En las Indias Orientales Ibéricas: La Asamblea Colonial continues to encourage the production of spices for export and sale. While the region faces stiff competition from other spice producing countries the business is still profitable. The Colonial Legion of 2000 is kept as a standing defense force of the Antillas.
- En África Ocidental Ibérica: The Colonial governor faces pressure to expand. Unfortunately in the north, desert blocks much further expansion. However the Colony Porto Amboim faces no such expansion issues. Thus settlers begin expansion efforts northward, and although nominally Iberian Colonial Authorities declare such expansion illegal, they make no real efforts to stop it (50 px). Additional growth occurs in the colony at Franovilla, (OTL Monrovia), and the small port expands its borders by 250 square kilometers along the coast (5 px). The Diplomatic envoy sent to Senegany (the country just south of the Iberian Colony) continues to argue for their acceptance of protectorate status under Iberia. A detachment of 1000 of the Brigada Colonia accompanies the envoy to the border to act as encouragement. (Mod Response Needed)
- Belkan Dip: Belkan diplomats arrive in Valencia to discuss the terms of the Concordat and in a show of good faith a gift of consumer goods and cultural items are gifted to the Iberian government.
- British Dip: We offer an alliance against French aggression to Iberia.
- Iberian Dip: Accepted.
- Iberian Diplomacy to Papal State and Sicily: Both Nations are offered observer status in the Mediterranean Concord.
- Iberian Diplomacy to World: Talks between the French and the Concordat have been successful. France has agreed to surrender Morocco to Iberia, and Tunisia and Lybia to Belka. France will be permitted to join the Concord.
- Egyptian Dip: Egypt politely asks to join the Concordat.
- Ethiopian Empire: Ioshua respectfully declines France's offer. However, we do accept trade and investment from Egypt (and secretly proposes that we offer Swahili to the deal.) Ioshua has a military parade in Addis Ababa to show off his modern land force. He also sends the Imperial guard on another round of training the populace for possible wars. Roads are slowly spanning the nation making it safer to travel in the nation. Expeditions to different areas continue bring back valuable scientific information. A city on Lake Turkana is built close to all the farms to allow a population center in the region for more proper control.
- Egyptian Dip: We tell Ethiopia that their decision was a good choice, and that this decision would have saved Egyptian-Ethiopian Relations, and prevent another conflict from breaking out between the two nations.
- Belkan Empire: While still recovering from its brutal civil war, now with a few years of reconstruction under its belt, the major cities affected have been more or less repaired and some effort is put into Samothrace and Krete which are still under military governates. However, with a need to get a bit farther away from the central government, many former rebel Belkans push to the more open territories in the empire specifically settling in Moldavia, Carpathia, and Ionia and Krete. Loyalists head these directions as well as the exploitation of a major hard coal basin in Nicaea attracts the investment interest of many Belkans who form companies around the basin to begin exploitation alongside the already large operations in Serbia, Bulgaria and Vlach. The Belkan's arms industries more effectively many government owned businesses, are finally usurped by two major arms industries which have begun to develop within the country. Zastava Arms develops in Kragujevac employing tens of thousands and churning out arms, munitions and cannons in their large foundries and factories. Ironically a secessionist industry taken over following the war has become Belka's second largest arms industry. Known as the Plovdiv Arsenal they produce Belka's top tier guns specifically the new and improved mainline long arm being used by Belkan infantry. The Transportation sector in Belka after disruption during and directly after the Civil war seen a massive boost as the huge loans and investment taken out to rebuild and restructure has been used in spades on Belka's railway networks spurring on the growth of large Railway corporations which now have more or less connected many of Belka's states as never before converging heavily on Belgrad, Trieste, Sarajevo, Zagreb, and Vasiligrad with an up and coming hub in Sofiya. An interesting process for steel making considered to be much more effective and cheaper for production sees many industrial companies take interest as the Karakov Process is shown for the first time, effectively turning the Wrought Iron and Pig Iron productions into large scale steel making processes. While just a demonstration it is shown to work extremely well heavily sparking interest in the process to be adapted in coming years. While still expensive, the larger Belkan industrial magnates still are heavily invested in creating large amounts of steel which is integrated into the most important railway networks. Some tests are also done to look into ironclad warships and research begins in earnest. Another interesting invention is a new artillery piece considered by the Belkan army through the Milosevic Artillery Foundry company which demonstrates a rifles, breech loading cannon boasting a much higher accuracy and fire rate while also being able to withstand the explosive charge from the cannons. Military leadership is highly impressed and a contract is given to outfit an army of 250,000 with the guns replacing their older more inaccurate pieces. Belkan leadership brings its forces and government officials into Damietta as a treaty port and a permanent squadron of 25 warships, five first-rate battleships, five second-rate cruisers, ten third-rate frigates, and five corvettes. Under the impression the French are refusing to back out of the invasion of Maghreb and with newly minted access to Maghrebi lands forces recently deployed to Krete the Previous year are marshaled and an expeditionary force of 100,000 armed to the teeth land directly at Tunis escorted by another Belkan Squadron of 20 relatively modern warships. The Force, while forgoing bringing horses of their own, immediately turn to the Egyptian and Maghrebi people buying enough horses to fully outfit Belka's heavy cavalry complement rather than watch many Belkan horses die on the journey across the sea. The Belkan Corps of Engineers pays many Maghrebi people as well as bringing Belkan infantry in to construct a series of trenches around Tunis and down into the desert effectively forcing any attack to come at Belka and any Maghrebi forces directly at the city seeing as the desert cannot hold any sizeable military force. The second squadron consists of two battleships, five second-rate cruisers, seven third-rate frigates, and six corvettes. With the chances of war breaking out having just gone from distant and in the future to near and drastically clear, the Belkan army is mobilized in different terms. The 200,000 strong occupational forces are split between Ionia and Krete and the remaining 800,000 troops begin setting up camp in the north along the Austrian border and farther south in Croatia due to barracking issues. While the armies stand down in some capacity the unexpected acquisition of Tunisia and Libya force a change in the attitude in the sitation. Under the impression that war is still not far off due to the Algiers Crisis, the Belkan army expands and updates the Trieste strategic fortress and begins the development of a comprehensive series of interlocking trenchlines along the border with Austria knowing full well any invasion force will have to funnel in through the small front of attack against heavily fortified trenches. The gaining of Belka's first large scale overseas administered territory forces many to debate the status of it with many championing the creation of Belka's first overseas colony while others sees Maghreb as an abused power that requires protection. A sort of middle ground is reached as the Belkan tsar, Vladimir overseas the creation of the Tunisian authority which instead of heavily imposing colonial rule, allows for a freer state in Tunis and Libya with the City of Tunis as the Capital. Many Maghrebi rights are respected and as of current only a small economic concession is extracted out as the Belkan authorities are more concerned with establishing Tunis as a protectorate and the reliable successor to the Maghreb. While expecting some backlash the Belkan army un Tunisia imparts many good will projects including digging canals and bringing reliable water sources to many villages not usually able to get water reliably. While trying to show some goodwill to the new people under Belan protection in the Tunisian governate the Belkan soldiers, all mostly from Belka's shock corps which have been taking place in most of Belka's engagements since the height of the civil war, are trained heavily in policing tactics and crowd control as the Army begins to bring in crown control substances. With so many innovations being made in the field of firearms these last few years the Belkans begin to produce the Spanish made rifles in some numbers while also looking into developing their own bolt action rifle based on the Needle rifle from Prussia having acquired a few samples through black market dealings. A working model is put out in just a few months looking to co-opt Belkan military doctrine into the rifle and a few prototypes are made for sharpshooters known as the Zastava Needle Gun.
- Governate of Tunisia: Under a relatively soft handed Belkan thumb the Governate of Tunisia, ruled by a democratic council of Maghrebi magnates and aristocrats, comes into power convening in Tunis. While legitimately angry under the issues of the French aggression and by some other measure Iberian ascension to power in Morocco proper, the Tunisians knowingly having invited in the Belkans are much less angry by comparison. Combined with a relatively hands off approach to ruling and the appointing of a very hands off governor as well the Tunisians are more or less left to their own devices. However with new access to buisiness connections in the Belkan corporate world the Tunisians actually help stimulate Belka's economy as an influx of consumer goods and hirings of Belkan experts to modernize infratructure and cities sees the beginning of a modernization project. While still somewhat having issue with the assumption of control by Belkan authorities, the declaration of a protectorate and Tunis being essentially Maghreb in exile alleviates some of these problems as some of the more important members of the new governate are full well aware of their disadvantage to European powers and see the imposition of a hands off ruling by an industrial powerhouse for the blessing it is. In comparison to the heavy handed tactics in Algiers and assuming the same in Morocco, the Tunisians are allowed to keep their own Armed force of roughly 20,000 soldiers, as well as their own police forces and many of their laws as long as they dont override or go against common law in Belka. With the necessity of modernization, cities look to be developed as a major ports with Tripoli being surveyed for a huge expansion of their infrastructure and port Facilities. The quick influx of food stuffs from Belka also seems to have a positive effect. A wave of Belkan buisinessmen and entrepeneurs reach Tunisia relatively quickly in order to take advantage of the many opportunities in Belka specifically the development of multiple naval outposts and bases as well as the surveying for a major irrigation and farming project around Tunis itself to reclaim some of the arid territory around the city.
- Egyptian Dip: We recognize the new government in former Maghreb territory as the true successor to the Maghreb State as the Governate of Tunisia.
- British Dip: We offer an alliance against French aggression to Belka.
- Belkan Dip: We agree to an alliance.
- Egyptian Dip: We agree to send horses and camels to the Belkan armies.
- Kingdom of Prussia: Life in Prussia has taken a turn for the worst. The nation has fallen into a state of turmoil. As protocol calls, the king leaves Berlin at the heart of the night to escape the revolutionaries and to ensure maximum safety by heading off to Konigsberg. Berlin and major cities across the nation are put under curfew to ensure safety and secure arrests of Revolutionaries. Within Cottbus, Heinrich led by one of the Prussians generals circles the city and use their newly introduced Dreyse Needle Guns within the act and attacking the revolutionaries after encircling the city. The revolutionaries surrender after being outnumbered and outsupppied. Arrests are made and they are sent to jail cells. The whole city goes into lockdown and no one is allowed to leave the city. In the meantime via telegram, the king is able to give orders and be delivered messages from Konigsberg while the city is secured. Germania Front Revolutionaries continue to be caught and arrested while others are shot. Some of their leaders are caught within Magdeburg after another surrounding. Guerrilla Warfare begins to be used within the city as a last ditch effort to stop the forces as they continue to try to contain the Revolt. The police force is given the order to shoot or arrest any of the Germania Front Members as well. Deaths begin to be felt on both sides. In Berlin, fortunately things remain calm. A crackdown on possible revolters are made. Otto Hesse caught in the mess within a small town of Wolfsburg begins to deliver messages Nationwide to group members to organize in the streets against the revolters and goes for the shocking last resort. In a minutes notice, his loyalists rush out as normal citizens but with rifles in hand, begin to fight against the Germania Front who have caused a ruckus. Otto Hess is also accompanied by an old college friend, member of the King's Council and Diet Participant, Otto von Bismark. He helps lead the fight gaining civilian support against these “Revolutionary Radicals”. A conflict ensues with the Neutral Faction consisting of moderates and civilian supporters against the radicals in Hannover. For the night, they shot at each other endlessly. Bismark brought up the idea of sneaking around several of the city blocks and also sneaking through the back of some multi-story buildings left abandoned from civilians seeking shelter elsewhere and to shoot down from the buildings as in the form of a perch. It is successful and the Germania Front before they are able to get closed in, the volunteer forces of the Neutrals are halted and then the military swoops in with the local police force and arrest plus shoot anyone who tries to act with further aggression. With massive crackdowns continuing, a breakthrough comes through by late within the year and the Germania Front shows signs of slight weakness and minor cracks as they begin to be thinned out but remain quite formidable and we'll supplied in areas still impacted. The fighting continues with the Neutral Faction remaining quite strong and working alongside our troops. A letter is dispatched to the Rhenish government and Austrian government requesting them to not get involved with the revolt as in mutual respect to be held between our internal affairs by the king to ensure that we remain to have peace with one another as a wrong move could descend Europe into war and we hope to not see a great bloodbath in the near future to ensure something small doesn't escalate (Mod Response). Local Farmers try to live their life peacefully and help supply the Neutral forces and Prussian Troops tagging along through the countryside with fresh grown produce. Hess and Bismark gather support for the end of this crisis that had unfortunately spilled the blood of the innocent and ill-involved with several military personnel helping train Hess's People Army defensive manuevers and how to be better organized during offensive attacks on the revolutionaries. With this established and a gauranteed mutual support on both sides of Hess and Bismark led forces plus the Prussian Armed forces, we wait until New Year's Day to continue the massive crackdown operation. As the clock nears midnight, something that should cause for joy as another year approaches just leaves civilians dreaded and trying to stay indoors and away from violence that lingers on the streets.
- Saxony: With fear of revolt in Saxony, the government evacuated Dresden and moved to Leipzig with heavy gaurds while severe crackdowns are made on people planning on a future revolt or any correlation with the Germania Front. As a precaution, military presence is increased along the Austrian and Rhenish borders along the forts just in case their governments attempt any form of intervention. A small group of Hess’s supporters help report suspicious activity as the great political purge drags on and fears of revolt still look over.
- Greater Hussein: the colony remains heavily guarded and current administrative powers continue to run the region independently and only deliver goods and manufactured materials to select ports that have no access to Revolutionaries.
- Kingdom of Burgundy: With the disturbances in Burgundy's ally Prussia, and the revolutionaries request for Napoleon's intervention, King Willem orders the military to be put on readiness. Fortification of the Rhenish and French borders increases, with a series of fortresses and trenchworks now built along the latter, and during the year the Sint Quintin strategic fortress is completed. Railroads are expanded across the country. The royal military this year conducts its tests on Frederik Haussmann's design for breech-loading artillery, with the army testing the three- and six-inch field guns, and the navy testing the six-inch naval gun. Both branches are impressed with the accuracy or the guns, and the explosive power of the shells designed for them. The royal army decides to adopt the weapons immediately, whilst the navy begins designing new ships to use the naval variant. Later on in the year King Willem II dies in his sleep, and his son Robert is crowned as King Robert IV. Having heard of the introduction of the Prussian Dreyse Needle Gun, an envoy asks Prussia if Burgundy would be allowed a few examples to study, in return Prussia would be sent examples of the Haussmann breech-loading artillery (ADOLF RESPOND, PLEASE).
- Prussian Diplomacy: The offer is accepted and several of our Needle Guns are shipped off with the basic paper cartridges. We also ask in exchange for volunteer support over our nation's current revolt.
- Burgundian Dip: 15,000 volunteers, calling themselves “Kingsmen”, are transported to aid the Prussian military in suppressing the revolutionaries
- Japan: Seeing the formation of various alliances in Europe, Asai Tojo begins expansion of garrisons in the Japanese colonies as well as expanding the Japanese police force (which is just as well equipped as the military and is unofficially a branch of it) to cover the colonies. The Colony of Papuanyu expands and colonization continues in Melanesia. Japan offers to buy the rest of Hawaiian Colonial Empire (several scattered Pacific islands) for one million USD and an alliance (Mod Response). Colonization of New Britain, New Caledonia and the Solomon Islands continues. The navy is expanded. Burgundian architects and advisors begin working with the Japanese Industrialization Commission on how to modernize. Plans are made for the rebuilding of several cities in Hokkaido and Honshu that were destroyed in the Boshin War in a more modern fashion. As Japan has made an alliance with Burgundy, we request that this alliance be merged as a sub-alliance into the League of Eagles. Asai Tojo and the foreign ministry see joining the League as a chance to gain the island of Denpassar. We also request that if we join the League, Iberia will renounce its claims over southern Sulawesi, which was integrated into the Sulawesi colony after the expedition to Makassar (Iberian and League of Eagles Response).
- Brésil: With European tensions flaring, Tomas issues The Statement of Neutrality, declaring that Brésil shall not get directly involved in any European conflict unless it is threatening Brésilian trade, or Brésilian interests. The government continues to fund settlement and development of the interior, and a town is established in land that is technically Peruvian soil. WIP.
- Swahili: We continue colonial expansion in Northern Somalia, in the South and in the Malindi and Mombasa area. Colonization increases as medicine and weaponry become more widespread. In the Swahili heartland, the profitability of cloth factories and cotton farming had led to a sharp increase in the number of slaves. THe Swahili army in Rowzi begins an offensive south into Zulu territory. The marines launch an attack upon the Zulu coast.
- Sefuwa: All Swahili colonies in Southwest Africa are organized into Sefuwa. Colonisation begins to connect the settlements.
- Huriya: Political integration continues with Swahili bureaucrats being sent to oversee more political processes.
- Rowzi: Political integration continues with Swahili bureaucrats being sent to oversee more political processes. As more soldiers enter Swazi, Rowzi is even more closely integrated to improve logistical efforts.
- Swahili Diplomacy: We request European support for future industrialization in return for foodstuffs and goods, especially low-interest loans and large quantities of consumer and military goods for the potential European war.
- Ethiopian Diplomacy: We offer more trade to Swahili and a possible alliance between us.
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland: While the Irish potato blight continues now that so many Irish were deported the actual amount of deaths falls dramatically as land is more concentrated around middle income farmers. Exports go up again a bit pleasing merchants. The last of those evicted are moved onto Uluru and India. England has a population of 15.4 million, Wales has 1.1 million, Ireland has five million people, and Scotland 2.6 million. In Britain, based in southern England, the army rests at 5000 professionals with 40,000 men in Ireland. There are two fleets: one at Portsmouth and one at Bristol, each comprise ten first-rate ships-of-the-line, 24 second-rate ships-of-the-line and 50 frigates. The number of railways being built increases with connections between the coal mines and industry towns on the north. Industry is expanding quickly due to Britain's trade networks. The gold rush continues as more people move to Uluru and others are transported. Further prospecting continues in search of more precious minerals. Quinine is obviously a good treatment for malaria. With the rapid conquest of Maghreb and the British intervention in Egypt it is clear about the importance of Africa. Further explorers are sent out to Africa trying to explore rivers such as the Congo. In Uluru the new waves of Irish and Indians begin settling in Northern Australia setting up farms in the region trying to block Japanese expansion and not be in the more populous Uluru areas. The Irish are given land large to be held in hereditary ownership enough for sustenance for free while the Indians are given it under a mortgage which should be paid off within 20 years.
- India: The movement of goods to Europe speeds up again. Further training of a central army occurs. The British continue work on Rohtasgarh Fort. The Irish establish a presence in the larger ports on the western coast rather than going out into the countryside. A lot of them gain work at the docks. The removal of industry from Bengal begins on a small scale. Poorer Indians are taken from small farming holdings with land redistributed or the urban poor by Sepoy from the cities and smaller farms and moved to Uluru.
With the rapid conquest of Maghreb, many people felt betrayed by Belka who just came in and took their land. Iberia and France weren't popular either. Rioting breaks out in Tunis as they set up barricades and spreads like wildfire across Maghreb as a popular revolt tries to force the Europeans out of the towns and cities. Those living in rural areas withhold their crops and launch guerrilla attacks. The native police and military force make only limited half-hearted attempts to restore order sympathising heavily with their cause.
The potato blight is over on St Patrick's Day.
The Rhineland government vetoes military intervention in Prussia, so Napoleon resigned as Chancellor and led his own army of defectors and revolutionaries 20,000 strong into Prussia.
- Aztlan: Aztlan, seeing the tension go crazy in Europe follows the example of their ally Brésil - they declared neutrality in any European conflict unless attacked by a European power involved in said conflict.
- French Republic: The joining of France to the Mediterranean Concordat is both seen as horrible and good, with nationalists seeing it as the wrong step in the wrong direction, with democrats seeing it as the opposite. The Chancellor sees the entire issue that was created as "France's submission to her enemies", and subsequently fires all of his cabinet staff, only to replace them with hardline military generals that had served in the Franco-Burgundian War, as well as a few that had planned/led the Maghrebian invasion. These new advisers, more or less submitting the French President into doing as they wish, declare that "France will no longer be looked down upon by her enemies". With this, the military (as projected last year) is raised to upward of 750,000, with conscription continuing to fill in the reservations once more. It is expected, by 1854, that the reserves for the military will have reached 750,000 as well. The population rises to 34 million by the end of this year. More factories are created in southern France, primarily around Occitania and western Savoy. Navarre becomes militarily fortified, as well as the border with Burgundy. Industrialization continues, with French engineer Henri Giffard flying the first airship from Paris to Trappes. Railways from Paris to the Bordeaux are fully established, and thus the ability to quickly transport both troops and goods from northern to southern France is established. The funding for the navy is increased heavily, with ten top-of-the-line battleships being in service currently (I started ten a while back and have starting making another ten), 20 second-of-the-line battleships, and 36 medium-sized frigates currently in commission. Although it is important for the French to maintain a large, land-based military, it is decidedly clear that some sort of movement to become more marginally recognized as a naval power. Quinine production and successful usage in Benin results in yet another formal diplomatic mission to the Zayiyr region begins, this time the diplomats appear not only more aggressive toward the natives, they also make it clear that if the Congo were to decline the offer for colonial vassalization, then war will once again be initiated and the French will once again claim the Sultanate of Zayiyr (Mod on success in vassalizing Congo).
- French Maghreb: The 140,000 troops in Algiers remained positioned in the city to help fight against these insurgents. They are ordered to generally guard the city, but small squadrons are sent out to invade and raid the supply lines that the militants are using to rebel/survive on. It is expected that these raids and invasions will effectively defeat the insurgents without suffering major casualties.
- French Ere: French, as a language, begins becoming more widely spoken, and Christianity begins to displace Kuzirism and Islam more and more.
- No thanks, says Zayiyr. Person.
- Russia: Colonization of New Siberia continues as the cossacks of Arcadia continue to fight Sioux natives. Continued work on the rail line leads to improvements in the Russian road system. Improvement of the western navy continues. In Africa at Haikkinens Landing a small port is erected on the banks of the Krovi River. This allows ships to dock on supply runs to the fort. Meanwhile, explorers with their soldiers begin to venture upriver and along the coastline. Generally, the fort itself is expanded but not by far into the African jungle as malaria and the natives take its toll on the men. The only thing keeping Africans away are volley fire from rifles and artillery from the nearby docked naval ships. The government creates the Russian West Africa Company and begins to survey the local area and claim it for the Russian Empire. The Tsar decides to send 30,000 troops to Prussia to bolster the current regime in Konigsburg.
- Japanese Diplomacy: As Japan already has a concrete alliance with Burgundy, we request that this alliance be formally incorporated into the League of Eagles.
- The government finds itself in a racial slog and votes no for a Japanese entry, instead, counter offering a non-aggression pact.
- Japan accepts the non-aggression pact, although the Japanese diplomat to Russia begins getting fed up with the racism.
- Japan: Expansion of the navy continues. The Japanese industrialization commission continues drawing up plans to rebuild the cities destroyed in the Boshin War. Japanese settlers continue to settle in Sulawesi and Java. Papuanyu is expanded and the Bismarck Archipelago, almost all of which is under the control of Japan, is incorporated into the Papuanyu governate. Colonization of Fiji, the Solomon Islands, and New Caledonia continue. Japan makes a second offer to Hawaii to buy up all their colonial possessions for ten million dollars and two modern ships as well as a non-aggression pact (MOD RESPONSE, PLEASE!!). Asai Tojo begins to grow ill and resigns in favor of militarist Yamagata Aritomo. Aritomo continues the expansion of the Japanese police force. The Liberals in Japan, influenced by the liberal movements in Europe of the French Republic and Rhineland, found the Japanese Liberal Party. The party is quite small and its main platform is constitutional monarchy, secularization and more rights for the peasants as well minimizing the role of the military in the government. Asai Tojo recovers later in the year and announces his plans to run again for Prime Minister. This leads to a split in the ruling Seiyoka (Westernization) Party between Tojo, who favors slow colonial expansion and a policy of appeasement with the western powers, and Aritomo, who favors taking advantage of the situation in Europe to expand as well as increased colonization as well as gaining a port in the Indian Ocean, possibly from Swahili.
- Republica Iberia: The events of last year cause a wave of both unrest and national fervor in Iberia. The people are distinctly aware of the threat of invasion, and thus the Assembly provides funding for a military expansion program. The High Command of the Fuerzas Armadas de Iberia begins a national armament and organization program. As planned, all 18-year-old males are required to attend local regimental training camps for six weeks after harvest for a national reservist system. Furthermore, the order of Sandoval Rifles for the national armory in Toledo continues to be fulfilled. Production goals are increased and 400,000 rifles and carbines should be stockpiled there within the next four years. The Navy commissions another eight first-rate ships-of-the-line along with another 12 second-rate ships-of-the-line, all to be completed in four years. These will be outfitted with Belkan Naval Artillery according to the Mediterranean Concord. Industrialization of Northern Iberia continues with strong growth in coal production and factory construction. Belkafour Brigada Rapida are deployed from their positions in Iberia to Morocco to establish order and allow for the creation of a new government. A further 16,000 troops from both Brigada Colonia are deployed as well leaving Iberian troops numbers at 48,000. While Iberian presence remains unpopular, the military begins a campaign to reach out to the people. Iberian officials make it clear that France and Belka together are both too powerful for the people of Maghreb to overcome, but Morocco will have dignity, respect, and peace under Iberian protection. A constitution, in many ways similar to the Iberian Constitution, is drafted for Morocco, entrusting foreign and trade policy to the Iberian Senate, and otherwise allowing for a high degree of home rule on most domestic issues. The only Iberian oversight is a permanent, non-voting, seat in the Assembly which is intended to help advise both the Moroccan and Iberian governments. The constitution also recognizes Islam as the religion of Morocco and makes no pretense at changing it.
This alone helps encourage religious leaders to accept Iberian protection.Moroccan elders and religious leaders are consulted and asked to assist Iberia in establishing the Moroccan Republic. While some resist, many see this as a way to further their own power and influence on a greater level. With their assistance elections for the new Moroccan Assembly are held in November, and while rebels still persist in the Atlas Mountains, most coastal and urban Moroccans, the vast majority are content with the republic.
- En las Antillas Ibéricas: La Asamblea Colonial continues to encourage the production of sugar for export and sale. While the region faces stiff competition from other sugar producing countries, the business is still profitable. The Colonial Legion of 2000 is kept as a standing defense force of the Antillas.
- En África Ocidental Ibérica: The Colonial governor faces pressure to expand. Unfortunately in the north, desert blocks much further expansion. However, the Colony Porto Amboim faces no such expansion issues. Additional growth occurs in the colony at Franovilla, (OTL Monrovia), and the small port expands along the coast (15 px). The Diplomatic envoy sent to Senegany (the country just south of the Iberian Colony) continues to argue for their acceptance of protectorate status under Iberia. A detachment of 1000 of the Colonial Legion accompanies the envoy to the border to act as encouragement. (Mod Response Needed)
- Senegany says no. Person.
- Don't magic away revolts. Person.
- Belkan Empire: Having more or less expected the riots across Maghreb the Belkan expedition renamed to the Belkan Army of Tunisia refuses to tolerate the massive riots and the Army is deployed en masse as well as another 50,000 troops redeployed from pacified Krete to handle Tripoli. This deployment of Belkan troops is initially met with violence however as local police and military units are summarily quarted and disarmed kept under guard so as to not help the Maghrebi rioters. This is met with a violent clash which ends in the deaths of 25 Maghrebi police and the arrest of hundreds more as the Belkan army refuses to back down. The mainline populace having attempted to seize control of many of the major cities officially meet in their first clashes with Belkan troops, veterans of the pacifications of South Belka, Samothrace, and Krete as well as blooded in the fires of Belka's ruthless civil war. These highly trained Veteran troops handle the situation in Tunisia and Libya with speed and finesse. The city of Tunis is the first one pacified, however, in the most violent clashes of the entire rioting and revolt. The majority of the cities populace able had come out to clash with the Belkan authority. However, the Army using infantry square to deny territory, smoke bombs and nausea-inducing industrial byproducts the Belkan army handles the initial riots well. The Introduction of the Zastava Needle Gun into the Belkan armies repetoire as a sharpshooter rifle ends in a stunning success for the gun as a sharpshooter unit, cornered by masses of the violent mob are able to not only hold their ground but fully break one of the mobs near the city center using the Needle Gun. The rifles usage for more than a sharpshooter rifle is made very apparent and the general of the Belkan Army of Tunisia requests his army be the testbed for this rifle to be used as the primary rifle for the Belkan army. However, for the time being, the riots in Tunis themselves are finally put down after six weeks of clashes and heavy fighting. This coincides with clashes nearly as brutal in Tripoli as the 50,000 strong Belkan force having to handle a much larger spread of territory is forced to burn out multiple farms and occupy so much more territory. While tired, the Belkan forces across Tunisia make steady progress as the move toward Sfax and Sirte - the regions last two major cities. Smaller villages and towns are occupied or pacified along the way as a major action of bombardment occurs with Belkan navy ships on the coast against rioting villages. While Belka's new colonial possession erupts into violence, many in the government had predicted this and are not particularly concerned. The home front makes decisive gains as various new technoligies and processes are expanded significantly or updated. Weapons' factories and artillery foundries churn out more modern equipment and the rebuilding of the remaining shattered regions of Belka continues.
- Kingdom of Egypt: Port George is completed this year, after three years of construction. It’s smaller then compared to Alexandria or Constantinople, but it’s able to hold relatively large ships. We invite the British navy to take control of the port as per the deal (remember Nic, it’s located in OTL Port Said). We react to the rebellions in Maghreb with some sympathy, as they are fellow Arabs and we understand their fear of being colonized, but we don’t do anything per our agreement with Belka, instead we decide to Stay Neutral in the Maghreb Conflict. We continue to build up our infrastructure, by building more buildings and towns, and expanding major cities such as Alexandria and Cairo, we also continue to build roads along the Nile. Egyptian mappers come back with info suggesting a canal can be built around the Suez area, with this, we ask Belka and Britain if they would like to begin building of a canal, and send their workers and people to help build it. (PLAYER RESPONSE NEEDED!!). More schools are built around the nation. We continue to build the future city of Khartoum in the Kush (OTL Sudan) region. The king continues to encourage an Islamic life for all Egyptian Muslims and their families, and also encourages the studying and research in Islamic sciences. Arabic text books are also mass produced, in order to give the schools of Egypt exactly what they need to teach the youth of Egypt. In schools, students are taught math, science, Islamic sciences if their parents apply for it, and of course history and government. Students learn that Egyptian parliament is divided into the Upper and Lower Houses, with the upper house known as the “High Council”, which is filled with government officials, nobles, and young men, while the lower house is known as the “Collective of Peasants” which is made of peasants, the elderly and veterans. Egyptian Companies, which are in one way or another linked to the royal family as either one of these companies has a royal family member as the CEO, or have a royal family member in a high ranking position, continue to invest in the Ethiopian economy, making loans to struggling companies, or by expanding their products to Ethiopia, making Ethiopian branches of their companies. The border with Arabia is militarized some more, with more soldiers staffed in the Sinai, along with some additions to the defenses.
- British Dip: Yeah, we occupy the port which was built for us. We also send money, architects, engineers and geographers to help build the canal.
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland: While the Irish potato blight continues now that so many Irish were deported the actual amount of deaths falls dramatically as land is more concentrated around middle income farmers. Exports go up again a bit pleasing merchants. The last of those evicted are moved onto Uluru and India. England has a population of 15.9 million, Wales has 1.1 million, Ireland has five million people, and Scotland 2.6 million. In Britain, based in southern England, the army rests at 5000 professionals with 40,000 men in Ireland. There are two fleets: one at Portsmouth and one at Bristol, each comprise ten first-rate ships-of-the-line, 24 second-rate ships-of-the-line and 50 frigates. The number of railways being built increases with connections between the coal mines and industry towns on the north. Industry is expanding quickly due to Britain's trade networks. The gold rush continues as more people move to Uluru and others are transported. Further prospecting continues in search of more precious minerals. Quinine is obviously a good treatment for malaria. With the rapid conquest of Maghreb and the British intervention in Egypt it is clear about the importance of Africa. Further explorers are sent out to Africa trying to explore rivers such as the Congo. In OTL Northern territory which is named North Uluru the Irish and Indian settlers begin to arrive setting up farms. Work is begun on a rifled breech loading artillery gun which is capable of firing explosive shells for naval use with the first probably being installed next year.
- India: The movement of goods to Europe speeds up again. Further training of a central army occurs. The British continue work on Rohtasgarh Fort. The Irish establish a presence in the larger ports on the western coast rather than going out into the countryside. A lot of them gain work at the docks and as soldiers. The removal of industry from Bengal begins on a small scale. Poorer Indians are taken from small farming holdings with land redistributed or the urban poor by Sepoys, from other parts of India, from the cities and smaller farms and moved to Uluru. The Sepoy forces are more formalised under one army as a new commander Samuel Skripal with an officer academy established and a clearer pay scale increasing with length of experience. The Irish form their own regiments as well going on to command a number of native formations. Units are not stationed near where they originate from. The main army is paid for by each state contributing taxes to it.
- Kingdom of Prussia: As we manage to control the major extent and continue our campaign of crushing the revolt, Our troops stationed along the border notice something that they would have never thought to have seen. Napoleon II leading an army of 20,000 strong marching towards our defenses and heavy complex Fortifications near the Prusso-Renish Border. General Heinz orders the men to begin firing. Gun shots from our Dreyse Needle Guns and newly produced artillery from Burgundy are used. An urgent telegram is dispatched to the king notifying him on the matter. He orders an army of 100,000 men to march beyond the fortifications and battle him there. The army is successful having a decisive victory over Napoleon.
The men are captured and Napoleon is imprisoned. With the imprisonment of Napoleon, a clear sentence is made. By the order of the king, he receives death by a bullet to the back of his head leading to a quick and humane death. The other members of his men are imprisoned for a week and banned from returning to Prussia and face immediately expulsion from the kingdom and the ones who had killed any Prussians are sentenced to life in a well gaurded prison in Hussein. An offer is given to the Rhineland's if they'd like their people back and imprison them as well instead after them being sent to Hussein. With Napoleon dead, Revolutionaries in Prussia feel a sense demoralization as the Revolution continues to see its downfall.Hess and Bismark continue to lead their “citizen army” across the lands helping contain the revolt and capture local revolutionary leaders before sending them off to the local forces before them being imprisoned with the rest. A planned court hearing is already being worked out in Berlin after the king's return with hopes of the movement being removed while he also isp lanning out ideas with his council for reform. He promotes several more generals that have served well and have received rigorous training and experience. Our Highest Ranking Generals train our men to be professional troops. Recruits continue to be accepted with 12,000 signing up across the nation seeing how not only do they want to help the nation but also help eternally with the crushing of the Revolution seeing that their people would support an invasion of a former foreign leader to invade and threaten our sovereignty. Police and local military have made great success. The largest of our cities put in place curfews to ensure that arrests are made safe, easy, and swift. Some questions arise on the events of Napoleon’s attempt such as why did the Rhenish leaders not stop an obviously armed lot of 20,000 strong with weapons and such. A diplomat is sent out Moscow to review the matter and see if further action is necessary. Prince Heinrich IV sees this as an event that could have been prevented if the Rhenish Military and local leaders took action before any lives had to have been lost from both sides in a conflict against Prussia. In the meantime, he takes time to hunt in East Prussia and learn how the military operates. He spends his Christmas with Hess and Bismark near a lodge in Saxony as it seems that the revolution could now be taken care of the military and local officials with the “people army” being disbanded till further notice with former Members reporting suspicious activity to the police and local law enforcement.
- Saxony: The state decides to continue enforcement and crackdowns on suspicious activity. Agricultural-based businesses thrive following the end to Potato Blight.
- Greater Hussein: With the members of Napoleon's former army now imprisoned, they face maximum security but are treated well. New Berlin thrives but Elfenbein remains as the main source of our trade based Economy.
- Kingdom of Burgundy: with the arrival of the shipment of Dreyse needle guns, the Burgundian Royal Army begins producing a native built variant. Seeing France’s military expansion, King Robert and the States-General see it only prudent to continue the fortification of the French border, as well as the border of the Rhineland. Industrialization continues, with a new rail line constructed from Dijon Brussels via Troyes. Production of artillery continues, with the Haussmann rifled guns being introduced to the army in larger quantities. On the naval side, the keel of the SMS Dreadnought, the first of a new class of steam powered frigates to be armed with 30 Haussmann six-inch rifled breech loaders, to fully test the effectiveness of rifled artillery at sea. Meanwhile, the navy commissions three more steam-powered first-rate ships-of-the-line, these are the 130-gun Herzog Guise, Herzog Waterloo, and Loutrengen. These join the three Elisabeth de Eisen-class as the First Battle Squadron of the High Seas Fleet. Together, the High Seas Fleet sits at 23 first-rates, 29 second-rates, and 58 frigates, while the North Sea Fleet includes 19 first-rates, 24 second-rates, and 42 frigates.
- Ethiopian Empire: The still young emperor continues his close to thirty year reign by continuing to improve the living conditions in the nation. The first large hospital is built in Adidas Ababa and is sponsored by the royal family and the Colleges of Ethiopia. The small economic boom caused by investment by Egypt is put back into society with more schools and churches being built. The city of Ezana is slowly growing along the shores of Lake Turkana as the farmers in the region travel there to trade and do business. The Royal Guard is made more of an elite force while a regular army is slowly starting to get off the ground. The Red Sea fleet is still modernizing a moderate pace with five of the older ships being decommissioned a year while three new ones are added.
The largest class so far is the 86-gun Queen Sheba. Improvements are made in science as expeditions come back noting the ecology and wild life of the interior of Africa.
- You're not building an 86-gun ship. Person.
Turns are almost coming out regularly. Keep this up, boys.
In Maghreb, the coastal regions of Tunisia and Libya are retaken with violence although the Arabs are smarting under the suppression while farther inland Belka has little control. In Algeria, rioters manage to secure most of the coast excluding Algiers. Their forays inland have little effect. In Morocco the people are not appeased by offers of self-determination and in a push hold most of Morocco.
Hawaii accepts Japan's offer.
Napoleon, retreating after his defeat at the hands of the Prussians, joins forces with Saxon revolutionaries. The Saxons agree to join forces with Napoleon in the name of a united Germany and to restore their freedom from Prussia. As such, Prussia loses control of Saxony.
Rebels in the Gibraltar area begin demanding reunification with Iberia. They want the British to be gone.
- Japan: With Hawaii's acceptance of the offer, the Japanese Government organizes Fiji and the former Tui Tonga Empire into the Colony of Tonga-Fiji while French Polynesia, the Cook Islands and the other more far-flung islands are organized into the Colony of Japanese Polynesia. The Japanese government looks at converting some of the Polynesian Islands into naval bases to project power into the Pacific. New Guinea (all of which is under Japanese control since our purchase of French Indonesia and the bankruptcy of the Chinese East India Company) continues to be Japan's most prosperous colony as plantations on the colony supply Japan with grain, coffee, spices, and rubber. Java also provides grain and spices but contributes more due to the amount of trade that goes through it. The election comes up with rivals Asai Tojo and Yamagata Aritomo as the main competitors for the title of Prime Minister. Aritomo, a general and militarist, seeks an expansionist path of Japan through military force, while Tojo, an admiral and diplomat, seeks expansion through diplomacy and by maintaining the balance of power. Tojo wins the election, ending Aritomo's short reign as prime minister, but nevertheless the split in the Seiyoka faction continues. The Aritomo-ites form their own party, the Kokumin Domei or National Alliance Party. The Seiyoka renamed themselves the Rikken Seyukai or the Constitutional Friendship Association. Expansion of the navy continues and the Japanese Industrialization commission continues getting supplies and planning for building a modern infrastructure in Japan with the help of Burgundian architects, which is scheduled to begin in 1860.
- Belkan Empire: The success in the Tunisian Governate vs the French and Spanish sectors of colonized Maghreb is obvious and the Belkan Army of Tunisia in accordance with the Concordat splits a force of 50,000 acting as the remaining pacification force and the remaining 100,000 troops march into Algeria unleashing hell on the French Maghreb in assistance of French efforts of pacification. The usage of industrial byproducts as legitimate chemical weapons as well as smoke bombs alongside a massive amount of artillery and cavalry brings the Belkan troops within sight of multiple Algerian cities which are summarily bombarded heavily. The remaining pacification force in Tunisia begins expanding its influence into the countryside as many people are arrested and rounded up for withholding crops as well as actions against the Belkan government in Tunisia. While initially for a more hands off approach the revolt has brought the situation to light and the Belkan government in Tunisia is reformed fully into a colonial government with the Supreme Soviet, Vozdh and Emperor all agreeing to appoint a Viceroy of the new colony. The Tunisian Governate continues with its government in the capital city of Tunis and part of the supression army of 50,000 is to be kept as a major garrison for Belka's only overseas colony as of late. In accordance with a deal in the works with the British a small fleet is assembled of three first-rates, three second-rates, and four frigates. Belkan engineers and architects as well as excavation equipment are all moved to the proposed construction site of Suez. The home front continues to rebuild and much of the devastation from the civil war with areas such as southern Greece and now Ionia and Krete seeing the reconstruction of them. In contrast to the heavy Islamic influences that came, the Belkan people have begun to settle heavily into these regions with the capital of Krete having become a hub of Belkan immigrant activity. While there is some push for immigration restrictions to be removed to allow for wider settlement of Belkans worldwide, heavy incentives to settle in controlled regions wins out and the outside immigration restrictions are kept in place as many move to Krete, Ionia and the northern frontiers in Carpathia and Moldavia which still are lightly populated compared to the Belkan core. Belkan immigrants to Tunisia are also a first as many set up their homes in the abandoned homes in the upper class districts of the city of Tunis which has been cleared out due to rioting. In accordance with the Concordat Belka uses Spanish supply stations and establishes an outpost in West Africa in Cameroon which is quickly legitimized by some minor trade treaties with the natives. More options are looked at in OTL Liberia and the Ivory Coast and suitable locations are mapped. Belkas population fully crests 60 million domestic. With the recent acquisition of colonies and protectorates and outposts the Belkan Tsar engages in a proposal to begin the construction of a fully equipped fleet. The supreme Soviet seeing the profitability in certain colonies and a much needed boost to Belkas underemployed shipbuilding industry engages in an ambitious program to remove outdated ships and bring Belkas navy fully into the modern age. It retires nearly 20-30 year old ships with modern battleships and cruisers and frigates effectively beginning an ambitious project to construct nearly 60 new ships in a decade including 10 new battleships which would Bring Belkas first rate battleship complement up to 25 with a large auxilary fleet of nearly 120 other warships with ambitions for more as it sees the necessity to bring task forces to many new and future colonies. The Belkan Squadron of 10 ships sent to Swahilia is sent to Socotra which is consequently turned into a major naval base.
- French Republic: The Militarized Initiative begins following the utter failure that was the National Revival. Reforms and policies directed to improve the military and naval power of the republic are made, including a plan to turn Corsica into a more navally-focused state, as well as continuing the overall national conscription of able-bodied men aged 18-25. Fortifications on the Iberian and the Burgundian borders are made. The population reaches 34 million.
- French Africa:
- Maghreb: With the unexpected losing that is occuring in Maghreb, the French President begins a more hardline approach to these militants and to the Berbers. Under the orders to "solve it", Colonial Governor Simon Rodier mounts a large militarized semi-genocidal invasive mission to fully clear out any and all remaining militants in the area by any means necessary. Turning the city of Algiers and the Northern African coast into a hell on earth, the burning of mosques, killing of innocents who may or not be linked to terrorists, and genocidal-level techniques are used to quell the uprisings and properly demoralize the populace, as well as properly implant the French flag into central Maghreb. In addition to these conditions, bounties of known terrorists are placed on their heads. Terrorists found are properly executed publically, as well as their known family members also being executed, with the reasoning statement being "to properly cleanse the populace of its terrorist behavior", which is further accomplished by showing what happens when you try to turn against the French government. By the end of the year, most of the African coast is re-secured and many of the militant leaders have been captured, killed or both, and soon the war is moved inland.
- Ere: The French language begins to become more widely known and begins to replace the Arabic and Beninese languages that have existed there for a long time.
- You don't just magic away a language. Person.
- I didn't magic it away, I simply talked about how French is becoming more widely spoken, causing for a small but still slightly relevant replacement of the original languages. -Sol
- French Africa:
- Republica Iberia: The High Command of the Fuerzas Armadas de Iberia continues the national armament and organization program. As planned, all 18-year-old males are required to attend local regimental training camps for six weeks after harvest for a national reservist system. The star-forts of the Pyrennean line are fortified with trench lines dug into the tough soil of the mountains. Furthermore, the order of Sandoval Rifles for the national armory in Toledo continues being fulfilled. Production of the weapons continues 400,000 rifles and carbines should be stockpiled there within the next three years. The Navy continues work on the eight first-rate ships-of-the-line along with another 12 second-rate ships-of-the-line, all to be completed in 1856. These ships adopt a much more Belkan-inspired strategy and the first-rates have 110 guns, while the second-rates have 80. While the average size of the guns is much smaller the broadside weight is much greater and allows these ships to better engage multiple targets. These will be outfitted with Belkan Naval Artillery according to the Mediterranean Concord. Industrialization of Northern Iberia continues with strong growth in coal production and factory construction. Belkan industrial expertise begins to truly increase, not only Iberian raw industrial capacity, but also Iberian industrial efficiency. In particular, Iberian shipbuilders benefit from Belkan experience and the importation of Belkan technology in the field. These benefits begin to spill over into other areas of Iberian industry and the general efficiency of the Iberian economy begins to greatly improve. The iron industry continues its boom around Toledo due to huge demand and large textile plants open across Catalonia. Iberian cloth production now matches in value the consumption of cloth. Some of the production is exported to nations throughout the Mediterranean, notably southern Belka which appreciates the light cotton clothing during the warm summers. Rail service continues to expand and most all mid-sized cities have at least some form of access. Cotton from the increasingly productive Andalucia floods into Catalonian textile mills. Farming flourishes in the South as the large system of water management allows some farmers to grow two crops in a single year. Culturally Iberia is growing more integrated. The expansion of the rail systems, and the introduction of mandatory military training bring people together from across the country. Efforts to codify Iberian continue, and the language work begins becoming known among academics across Iberia. Iberian Diplomats offer to sell Francovilla (OTL Monrovia) to the Burgundians in exchange for their technology in naval steam-propulsion and a license to build the new breech-loading field guns they have developed.
- En La Republica de Morocco: The rebellion in Morocco exceeded initial reports, and more dangerously initial reports indicated much less resistance from leaders and religious figures. The 48,000 mounted soldiers already in Morocco secure a region extending from Casablanca to Fez in Central Morocco. While the populace is clearly unsupportive of the Republic of Morocco, a government is still formed in Fez, mostly of collaborators and ambitious regional figures looking to use Iberian rule to increase their power. This republic asks the Iberian republic to aid them in establishing stability and Iberia obliges. 32,000 troops are distributed over landings at Essaouira, Souira Kedima, Safi, El Jadida, El Hoceima, and Melilla, seizing the towns and forcing an end to the riots. Local constabularies are threatened arrest if they do not begin to reinforce law and order. The troops then begin efforts to establish security along the coast with support from the Iberian Navy. Having put down small violent rebellions in several towns the coastal route is generally secure. This allows 16,000 of the soldiers to push into the countryside to meet the additional 48,000 troops marching toward Marrakesh. While the 32,000 had deployed across Morocco, 48,000 troops of Brigadas Assaltas were landed at Casablanca and begin a march to secure Marrakesh. The road to Marrakesh is riddled with small rebelious towns, and at each one Iberian soldiers force the entire population to swear an oath of loyalty to the Moroccan Republic. The army fans out to cover a huge swath of Morocco and as they sweep across the country they effectively herd particularly rebellious groups southward toward Marrakech. While they march, the army spreads the news of the French retribution taking place in Algeria. Thus, when the army arrives at Marrakesh to find a huge and armed mob of enraged Moroccans. The mob and the army clash on the banks of the river Oued Tensift. The mob is swiftly and brutally destroyed. Iberian rifle fire shreds the disorganized mass armed with either antique muskets or improvised weapons. Cannons firing grapeshot carve swaths out of the mob and after only four hours the fighting ends with the majority of the mob dispersing. 5000 Moroccans lay dead in the river as a small taste of the potential that could befall the Moroccan people should they continue resisting their new government. The city of Marrakesh surrenders quietly after witnessing the carnage. A deal of peace is offered to the rebellious Moors in the north and due to the brutality of French forces the Berbers, for the most part, do surrender. By the years end 90% of Morocco is under the control of the joint Iberian-Moroccan forces with only around 1000 Iberian casualties and 8000 Moroccan dead.
- En África Ocidental Ibérica: The Colonial governor faces pressure to expand. Unfortunately in the north, desert blocks much further expansion. With the conflict in Morocco the colonial economy booms as troop transports bring wealth to earlier colonists.
- Kingdom of Egypt: The Suez Project opens up many new jobs for many unemployed Egyptians, as many volunteer to help work on the canal, and are given high salaries to tell other Egyptians that helping build the Suez is a good and well paying job. Egyptian architects and builders arrive at the Suez Canal planned site, and begin setting up the things needed to build the canal, and welcome the Belkan engineers and builders. The Suez Canal officially begins construction. Schools continue being built around the nation, by order of the king, and we start contributing a lot of our GDP into domestic projects, education and infrastructure. We continue to hold up our infrastructure as we expand our most populated and major cities such as Cairo and Alexandria, along with many roads being built along the Nile. Pyramids are discovered in Sudan, speculated to have been the grave site of many “Black Pharaohs” during ancient times, and are immediately put under government protection. Our soldiers begin to use more modern European weapons as Belka and Britain ship weapons to Egypt to help us modernize our army, our economy has also greatly improved. The first foreign exchange student ever in Egyptian history arrives in Belgrade to begin his studies as a lawyer. Another student is set to be sent off to London to do his studies at the beginning of the school year next year. We continue our investment and aid to the Ethiopian economy, and many Egyptian companies continue to expand their influence over the Ethiopian economy, and gaining their place in the Ethiopian stock market. Still, many Egyptian products are sold in Ethiopian markets in major cities like Axum and Addis Ababa. Today is the king’s 40th birthday, and it is a national celebration, but also shows that the king is also aging (because back then they died at a younger age, but back then that was considered pretty old.) and could die soon, but no signs of weakening or illness have been found or noticed.
- Russia: With the conflict escalation in the Prussian civil war, emergency orders go out to the governors of Lithuania and White Ruthenia to begin construction of fortifications outside Vilnius and Minsk while a conscription bill is passed by the Tsars war council issueing for the creation of a standing army of 700,000 men to be ready. The first Russian railway between Feograd aand Novgorod is completed. Architects are sent to the industrial members of the league to prepare for Russian industrialization to replace the workshop and foundry system. Mobilization for the remaining 200,000 men is slow. In camps dotted across the west of the country, men train with old muskets and carved out prices of wood shaped like rifles. Many men don't have uniforms. Artillery is even more of a problem, simplified slingshots are all the men have to work with. A sense of dismay grips the higher ups and commanding chairman of the war council Duke Molotov of Kiev. Estimates are put at around 1855 by the time Russia can fully equip aand train a modern army and navy, but by 1860 both sectors would be more then prepared. Many naval officers and builders travel to Burgundy and Britain to study transoceanic naval travel and naval warfare theories. Culturally with the rapid mobilization patriotism takes hold and patriotic songs are produced to accompany the military buildup. In Arcadia the Yukon Gold Rush ends with no real finds. The only prospect is that people were forced to settle in "Yukonia" (OTL Central Alaska and Yukon). In Novorossiya Stephen Mueller becomes a star with the song "The Joker". Mueller announces plans for a full songbook by 1856. In the meantime he starts to review his unpublished song "Fly Like an Eagle" for that songbook.
- Brésil: Suprising everyone, Emperor Tomas Medici abdicated, expressing a wish for a democratic government. However, despite not being on the ballot, Tomas is elected as the first president solely on write-ins. Begrudgingly, he decides to serve the first term. He establishes a three-branch government, with the presidential branch, the legal branch and the federal branch. Tomas is reported to have said that "the powers must be separated at all costs". However, the action of abdication causes massive dissent among the staunch monarchists, worrying many Brésilans that he would embrace other liberal ideas. In nonpolitical news, development of the interior continues.
- Aztlan: The Tlatoani has grown sick and old while the government hopes to create a trade relationship with Japan (Mod Response) The Aztecs are preparing for the worst and a new king may be crowned very soon.
- Japanese Diplomacy: Tojo is intrigued by this offer and offers to set up a Japanese Embassy in Guadalajara as well as possibly buying a port in Baja.
- Aztec Diplomacy: The Tlatoani accepts Tojo's offer.
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland:. The plight is over, the English are blamed a lot for it naturally. Seeing issues in Gibraltar, the British send 2000 soldiers to round up the whole population and herd them over the border to Iberia every man, woman and child. A border fence is erected, men are set to patrolling it, while a few hundred fishermen and families from England are moved in along with the new garrison who establish a position on the rock. England has a population of 16.4 million, Wales has 1.1 million, Ireland has five million people, and Scotland 2.6 million. In Britain, based in southern England 10,000 professionals with 50,000 men in Ireland. In India, 15,000 soldiers in South India. There are two fleets: one at Portsmouth and one at Bristol, each comprise ten first-rate ships-of-the-line, 24 second-rate ships-of-the-line and 50 frigates. The number of railways being built increases with connections between the coal mines and industry towns on the north. Industry is expanding quickly due to Britain's trade networks. The gold rush continues as more people move to Uluru and others are transported. Further prospecting continues in search of more precious minerals. Further explorers are sent out to Africa trying to explore rivers such as the Congo. In OTL Northern territory which is named North Uluru the Irish and Indian settlers begin to arrive setting up farms growing sustenance crops mainly. Aware of the rapid growth of a number of countries African colonies, the British propose Belka help them out gaining control of Swahili, two first-rate ships-of-the-line, four second-rate ships-of-the-line, ten frigates and four impressed merchant ships carrying additional food and water sail for Zanzibar City under the command of Captain William Carr and along with the Belkan contingent they present a demand to Swahili that Swahili sign a deal establishing a protectorate. The British and Belkans fire blanks into the harbour to make their arrival and power clear.
- India: The movement of goods to Europe speeds up again. Further training of a central army occurs. The British continue work on Rohtasgarh Fort. The Irish establish a presence in the larger ports on the western coast rather than going out into the countryside. A lot of them gain work at the docks and as soldiers. The removal of industry from Bengal begins on a small scale. Poorer Indians are taken from small farming holdings with land redistributed or the urban poor by Sepoys, from other parts of India, from the cities and smaller farms and moved to Uluru. The Sepoy forces are more formalised under one army as a new commander Samuel Skripal with an officer academy established and a clearer pay scale increasing with length of experience. The Irish form their own regiments as well going on to command a number of native formations. Units are not stationed near where they originate from. The main army is paid for by each state contributing taxes to it. This army is separate from the British army.
- Belkan Dip: We agree and our squadron is sent.
- Swahili Diplomacy: With the main contingent of the Swahili navy in the South and Sefuwa, and the main coastal defences being on the East Coast of Zanzibar, Pemba Island and Mafia Island, the Sultan of Swahili has no choice but to agree to becoming a protectorate.
- Swahili: We continue colonial expansion in Northern Somalia, in the South and in the Malindi and Mombasa area. Colonization increases as medicine and weaponry become more widespread. In the Swahili heartland, the profitability of cloth factories and cotton farming had led to a sharp increase in the number of slaves. The Swahili army in Rowzi begins an offensive south into Zulu territory. The marines launch an attack upon the Zulu coast. The sudden British and Belkan attack on Swahili was unexpected, and the navy and army in Zulu were unable to return to defend the capital. The Sultan was thus forced to agree to become a protectorate of the British. Regional political forces in Somalia, Aliwa, Malindi and Ibo begin to incite unrest due to the perceived weakness of the Sultan. However, on the Swahili coast, the population is ambivalent and sees it as a necessary measure. The sudden incursion also forces a doctrine and organizational reformation in the naval academies off Zanzibar, Mogadishu, Mombasa and Malindi, as well as the within the Ministry of the Ports (Foreign Ministry). However, the military attacking Zulu are not recalled, but ordered to continue fight. A success in Zulu will hopefully boost national confidence following the humiliation.
- Swahili Diplomacy: We accept the Ethiopian trade deal and offer protection, creating perhaps a complex chain of protectorates in East Africa.
- Belkan Dip: We intervene in part of these negotations declaring Ethiopia a region of Belkan interest.
- Ethiopian Empire: We inform Belka that if they want to interfere with our diplomacy then they will talk to us directly. We thank Swahili for the trade and offer them and Egypt to build a Great East African Road that would connect our capitals. The Red Sea fleet tends to avoid getting too close to European ships for their own protection. Ioshua begins going on a speaking tour around the Empire informing the Ethiopian people of the European rush for resources on our continent and how we must hold firm in keeping our culture and independence. Ioshua terms this conquest the Great Race, denoting the speed at which the European nations are grabbing chunks of Africa. The Royal Guard is put on ready status and the newest ships being built in Adulis are kept in port protection. Ezana City continue to grow and becomes a major outpost for expeditions into the interior. The farms surrounding the city continue to output high quality crops and provide a basis for more population growth. The College of Axum releases its first scientifc book called "The Wildlife of the Empire." Workshops continue to pop up as the government finds its economy still growing.
- Belkan Dip: We inform Ethiopia that it was partly our fleet that sat off the coast and subsequently subjugated Swahili and that if they wish to communicate with the Anglo-Belkan accords Protectorate it shall address the mother nations and not the protectorate.
The rebellion ends in Maghreb for a number of reasons such as the number of enemy troops and French brutality. The population isn't happy but they will do as told.
A lot of people in Russia are unhappy that they are helping Prussia because they don't like Germans.
The Belkan outpost in West Cameroon is raided by natives.
The Iberian people are rightfully angered by the British stupidity and support the restoration of the people of Gibraltar to Gibraltar. Additionally, the local economy dies as there are no people there. This means there is no one for the British garrison to have sex with or all the other things. They quickly realize they have made a grave error and mutiny, destroying the hastily constructed wall and inviting all the people back.
In Brésil, people find the new government system very strange and untrustworthy. Only President Tomas, who is still called Emperor by everyone, is respected, while the other parts of the government are despised by the people. Many people begin calling for the restoration of the empire.
In Britain, a document titled The Slavic Menace is published and widely circulated among top officials in government and the military. It outlines the "treacherous and untrustworthy" of Slavic people as a group and concludes that they can't be trusted as partners on the world stage. This has the effect of creating anti-Belkan sentiment in Parliament and there are rumors that even the king subscribes to this theory. It coincides with the release of a popular novel written by famed author Bartholomew Toomes called The White Count, which features as the primary antagonist an evil, scheming Belkan count who comes to England and steals a noble Englishwoman and kills good Englishmen. Although it is a primarily comedic work, it negatively impacts the popular opinion of Belka.
With all of Saxony in revolt against Prussia, the Saxons are able to assert their freedom once more. The Prussians are forced back into Prussia proper. Napoleon returns to the Rhineland in order to seize control once more, and with the support of the people, he issues an ultimatum to the government. They can either join him or they can get out of his way. Wisely, they choose to get out of his way. He forgives them for their transgression and many of them end up rejoining his government anyway. With the Rhineland and Saxony under his control, Napoleon declares the re-formation of the Kingdom of the Germans and has himself crowned.