The Point of Divergence is in 1860. President John C. Breckinridge was elected President of the United States, and due to him being a Southern Democrat, when the Confederate States of America sent Mr. Breckinridge a Letter of Secession from the US, Breckinridge peacefully allowed the South to leave from the US, and that the US will recongize Confederate sovereignty. Britain and France recongized the country in 1861, and the remainder of the world recongized it between 1860 and 1870.
- Minor and major wars replace World War I and World War II.
- The Confederate States of America has more problems with illegal immigrants than the US does, due to the fact that the Confederate border of Mexico is much larger, and the Mexican-American Border is much shorter, spanning only across California.
- The book about censorship, Farenheit 451, is banned in the CSA and California has banned it in the late 2000's.
- Cuba and the Philippines are annexed after the 51st and 52nd states into the CSA.
- Vietnam War occurs with the CSA being the one who is disgraced, instead of the US.