Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Duchy of Pomerania|
Herzogtum PommernTimeline: Principia Moderni III (Map Game)
OTL equivalent: Duchy of Pomerania
(and largest city)
|Ethnic groups||German, Polish|
As the centuries wore on, the Duchy became a prominent part of the Holy Roman Empire, eventually finding itself under the sovereignty of either Scandinavia or Austria. By 1653, Pomerania was once more under foreign hands when Bavaria vassalized the Duchy following a war with Austria.
In the eighteenth century, Queen Frances I von Wittelsbach was able to successfully reserve the Duchy for crown heirs after her husband, son of Duchess Mary, died of plague and the ensuing succession crisis damaged the stability of the realm.
Dukes of Pomerania
Dukes under Bavarian sovereignty (1653 - Present)
- King Leopold II von Wittelsbach (1653 - 1657)
- Klara von Eggenburg
- Duke Franz-Ballard I von Wittelsbach (1657 - 1697)
- Mary Whitham
- Duchess Mary I von Wittelsbach (1697 - 1736)
- Henry von Hamburg
- Duke Franz-Heinrich I von Wittelsbach (1736)
- Queen regnant Frances I von Wittelsbach
- Regency Council (1736 - 1746)
- Duke Franz-Hector I von Wittelsbach (1746 - Present)