Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|List of countries|
|List of wars|
|League of Nations|
|Great Russian-Chinese Siberian Dispute|
|Treaty of Salzburg|
|Treaty of Warsaw|
Go Back To Main Page
The concept of this AH is that Plan 17 of the French Army in the First World War succeeds. Germany is quickly overthrown, and dissolved in France, that keeps Belgium, Luxemburg, Silesia and Austria as protectorates. Therefore, the Second World War never came. This causes France to be the leading power in the world, not by territory, but by strategical position.
This is a live timeline, therefore it is 2010 "there".
- Take notice! This is an open timeline, so everybody can contribute, with respect to earlier created content.
- Please try to keep things realistic. Try to keep the following in mind: "Could it happen in our world?"
- Please discuss on the talk page when you feel your upcoming edit will change the timeline effectively.
Point of divergence (1914-1915)
- At the beginning of the First World War, Plan 17 of the French army succeeds, and Germany is succesfully invaded in the first months of war in 1914. The French dissolve much of western Germany in France, and establish protectorates in the remaining parts of Germany. Part of Austria-Hungary is taken by the French too, who divide the country between themselves and Russia by the Treaty of Salzburg. Northwestern Germany and Schleswig-Holstein become part of Britain as a reward for their help on the Western Front with their British Expeditionary Force. East Prussia becomes part of the new established state of Poland.
League of Nations (1915-1930)
- The United States, fearing a Francophone world, establish a League of Nations in 1915. France, Britain, Russia and the United States become leading powers in this league. One of the first deeds is tracing the borders of Eastern Europe again, one of the main requests of the USA and Woodrow Wilson in particular. After uprisings in Russia trigger a civil war, China and Japan both conquer most of Siberia. Newly Bolshevik Russia fights China in a civil war, and takes over Siberia and Mongolia. Peace is restored at the Treaty of Warsaw, 1919. At the same conference, the leading powers decide to give the League of Nations an peace army, consisting of troops provided by all members, to claim territories that are under dispute. This makes the League of Nations so powerful, that it eventually governs large, almost uninhabited parts of the world, such as huge parts of the Sahara and Central Asia, as well as Siberia and parts of equatorial Africa.
- After various discussions over attempted revolts in the 1920s and 1930s in many colonies, the colonialist powers gradually make their colonies independent. Portugal, Spain and the Netherlands are not very eager too give up their colonies. After threats of France in 1938, the Netherlands give in and make Indonesia, Papua and Suriname independent. Portugal insists in keeping their colonies. Great Britain fails to settle peace between France and Portugal, and a small French invasion of the Portuguese colonies follows. Portugal and Spain don't agree, and start a war against France in 1940. France invades Catalonia and eventually takes over Spain with help of the United States, who want to end the conflict as soon as possible, in order to prevent escalation and a possible Second World War. Portugal remains independent, but under heavy influence of France. The French make Basqueland independent in 1943, and keep Spain for themselves.
The mandates and the Indo-China War (1946-1987)
- Possible future dispute areas are handed over to the League of Nations after decolonization. These so-called "mandates" have self-governance in a limited degree, and are merely likely to trigger war, than to prevent war. Despite this possible bonfire that can be lit by a spark, the world remains more or less free of war until 1984, when a border clash between India and China escalates. India, comprising the whole of former British India without Burma, is a weak state, divided in Islamic and Hindu regions. OTL Pakistan, called the Western Islamic Provinces, is one of the potential threats of a civil war in India. China invades the Western Islamic Provinces in 1985, and settles peace in 1987, after it gained OTL Bhutan, Kashmir, Sikkim and Nepal.
New innovations (1987-onwards)
- OTL space race started in the 50s. However, the space race in TTL starts only in the 90s, when the first home computers come into existence, and many new innovations such as the cellphone are beginning to become popular. Russia, China, France and the USA all try to set a man on the moon, and eventually France succeeds in 2003 with help of Great Britain. Meanwhile, internet has come into existence, and many of the former colonies start to reach a satisfying level of development. In 2005, Yemen and Hejaz (OTL West Saudi-Arabia) unite, and in 2008 a revolt in South Africa triggers chaos, and a dictature is started in South Africa.
Differences with OTL
These are only the most major differences.
- The First World War lasted only a few months
- Germany is defeated and occupied by France, therefore Germany ceases to exist, and the Second World War never came
- The Ottoman Empire could never enter the First World War, and therefore still exists.
- Saudi-Arabia was never formed. Hejaz and Nejd still exist therefore.
- The space race started much later, because the cold war didn't start either.
- Russia is communist, but comprises a smaller area: parts of Siberia are under administration of the League of Nations
- Afghanistan is part of Russia
- Persia still exists
- Much of the West African states form a federation
- The League of Nations hold areas that are under dispute, such as Mauretania, Tamanrasset, Tannu Tuwa, Congo and Chad.
- Not all Malaysian states joined the federation. Therefore, Kedah and Perlis, Kelantan, Sabah, Sarawak and Johor are independent states.
- Nyasaland, Rhodesia and Bechuanaland joined as one big country.
- List of countries (Plan 17 Succeeds)
- Maps (Plan 17 Succeeds)
- League of Nations