Ethelred the Pious
Meet the cast!
- Alfred of Wessex
- Ethelred the Pious (Himself)
- Hrolfr the Northman
- Sweyn Forkbeard
- Guillaume the Conqueror - This page is no longer part of the timeline
Families and lists
- Alfred of Wessex (849-881) - Claimant to throne of Wessex who led rebellion against the Vikings
- Anarawd ap Rhodri (d. 914) - King of Gwynedd in Wales, defeated by Viking Dublin.
- Ceolwulf II (d. 881) - last King of Mercia; deposed by his former ally and patron Halfdan Ragnarsson in 877.
- Charles the Fat (839-888) - Carolingian Western Roman Emperor, 881-888
- Ethelred the Pious (840-873) - Last king of Wessex, killed at Battle of Headcorn.
- Guthrum the Old (d. 880) - Chiefdan loyal to Halfdan Ragnarsson, made Jarl of Lundun c. 875, revolted against Halfdan in 880 and executed.
- Halfdan Ragnarsson (d. 893) - Brother of Ivar the Boneless; Viking conqueror and King of Jorvik who defeated Alfred of Wessex. Ragnarid.
- Hogni Halfdansson of Jorvik (d. 924) - Son of Halfdan Ragnarsson and King of Jorvik. Re-established English Law in southern Jorvik. Made peace with Alba in 914.
- Hrolfr the Northman (870-931) - Danish chieftain who became Jarl of Devon in 895; conquered Cornwall in 904. Established dynasty of Cornish kings.
- Ivar the Boneless (d. 883) - Brother of Halfdan Ragnarsson; Viking King of East Anglia. Ragnaring. Ragnarid.
- Louis the Wary - Carolingian King of Italy who became Western Emperor in 888.
- Odo of Paris (860-898) - Count of Paris who turned away a minor Danish raid in 885.
- Olaf III Guthfrithson (d. 941) - King of Dublin who established suzerainty over Gwynedd in Wales. Ally of Jorvik.
- Sigfred of Denmark (d. 800) - King of Denmark who led abortive raid against Paris in 885.
- Sigfrid Ivarsson (d. 903) - Son of Ivar the Boneless; King of East Anglia 883-903. Took Lundun from Jorvik. Ragnaring. Ragnarid.