Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ethelred the Pious
Meet the cast!
- Alfred of Wessex
- Ethelred the Pious (Himself)
- Hrolfr the Northman
- Sweyn Forkbeard
- Guillaume the Conqueror - This page is no longer part of the timeline
Families and lists
- Alfred of Wessex (849-881) - Claimant to throne of Wessex who led rebellion against the Vikings
- Anarawd ap Rhodri (d. 914) - King of Gwynedd in Wales, defeated by Viking Dublin.
- Ceolwulf II (d. 881) - last King of Mercia; deposed by his former ally and patron Halfdan Ragnarsson in 877.
- Charles the Fat (839-888) - Carolingian Western Roman Emperor, 881-888
- Ethelred the Pious (840-873) - Last king of Wessex, killed at Battle of Headcorn.
- Guthrum the Old (d. 880) - Chiefdan loyal to Halfdan Ragnarsson, made Jarl of Lundun c. 875, revolted against Halfdan in 880 and executed.
- Halfdan Ragnarsson (d. 893) - Brother of Ivar the Boneless; Viking conqueror and King of Jorvik who defeated Alfred of Wessex. Ragnarid.
- Hogni Halfdansson of Jorvik (d. 924) - Son of Halfdan Ragnarsson and King of Jorvik. Re-established English Law in southern Jorvik. Made peace with Alba in 914.
- Hrolfr the Northman (870-931) - Danish chieftain who became Jarl of Devon in 895; conquered Cornwall in 904. Established dynasty of Cornish kings.
- Ivar the Boneless (d. 883) - Brother of Halfdan Ragnarsson; Viking King of East Anglia. Ragnaring. Ragnarid.
- Louis the Wary - Carolingian King of Italy who became Western Emperor in 888.
- Odo of Paris (860-898) - Count of Paris who turned away a minor Danish raid in 885.
- Olaf III Guthfrithson (d. 941) - King of Dublin who established suzerainty over Gwynedd in Wales. Ally of Jorvik.
- Sigfred of Denmark (d. 800) - King of Denmark who led abortive raid against Paris in 885.
- Sigfrid Ivarsson (d. 903) - Son of Ivar the Boneless; King of East Anglia 883-903. Took Lundun from Jorvik. Ragnaring. Ragnarid.