Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a list of countries that participated in World War I, sorted by alphabetical order.
The Triple Alliance Forces
Note: The Triple Alliance Forces are sometimes also referred to as the Allies of World War I.
- Albanian Provisional Government
- Germany (at the time the empire occupied Burundi, Cameroon, small parts of China, Germany, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Namibia, northeastern Nigeria, Palau, northern Papua New Guinea, partially Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Samoa, mainland Tanzania, and Togo)
The Entente Powers
- Italy (now Modena, Parma, Papal States, Two Sicilies, Tuscany, parts of Piedmont-Sardinia, and United States of Greater Austria)
- Ottoman Empire (now Albania, Turkey, parts of Syria, Serbia, Montenegro, Greece, Saudi Arabia and Yemen)
- United Kingdom
- Canada (now Canada and Quebec)
- India (now India, Bangladesh, Burma and Pakistan)
- New Zealand
- South Africa (now South Africa, Orange Free State, Transvaal, parts of Botswana)
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland British crown colonies (now Ireland, Wales, and United Kingdom)
- Denmark - Traded with both sides.
- Jebel Shammar - Had an alliance with the Ottoman Empire.
- Liechtenstein - Had a customs and monetary union with Austria-Hungary.
- Luxembourg - Never declared war on the Central Powers, despite being invaded and occupied by Germany.
- Netherlands - An ally of the United Kingdom by treaty. Traded with both sides.
- Norway - Gave naval assistance to the United Kingdom.
- Persia - Occupied by British and Russian troops.
- Peru-Bolivian Confederation
- Sweden - Financially supported Germany.
- Switzerland - did declare a "state of siege".
- United States
- Venezuela - traded with both sides