Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Padanian Federal Republic|
Repubblica Federale PadanaTimeline: Scotland says "Yes"
OTL equivalent: Northern Italy
Prima il Nord (First the North)
Il Nabucco (The Nabucco)
(and largest city)
|Other cities||Turin, Venice, Aosta, Genoa, Bologne,Triest and Trent|
|Ethnic groups (2015)||Italians, French, Germans, Slovenian, Croatians, Arabs, Africans and Ladins|
|Government||Federal Presidential Republic|
|-||Federal President||Matteo Salvini|
|-||Federal Prime Minister||Umberto Bossi|
|Legislature||Padanian Federal Parliament|
|-||Lower house||House of the Padanian People|
|Established||Established after a referendum|
|-||Independece declared||11 November 2015|
|-||Independence Recognised||11 November 2015|
|-||Total|| 120.260 km2
46 sq mi
|Currency||Padanian Lira (
|Time zone||+ 1|
|Drives on the||Right|
The movement for an independent Padania started in the 1990s, after the foundation of the regional political party Lega Nord - a pro-independence and Eurosceptic party founded by Umberto Bossi, Roberto Maroni and Mario Borghezio, amongst others.
By 2015, Lega Nord is one of the greatest and most powerful parties in Italy, specifically the North, and is quickly gaining more and more support.
After winning many of the regional elections in the North, Lega Nord petitioned the National Parliament for a referendum for the independence of Padania; the referendum was fixed for the 10th November 2015. The results of the referendum came as a landslide victory for independence, and both parliaments started to pass legislation to sever ties.
On 30th March 2016 President Matteo Salvini and his staff makes visit Israel, their first official travel to a foreign country. Israel was the first country that officially recognized Padania. He visited the border between Gaza and Israel and Tel Aviv.
To the north Padania is bordered by France, Monaco, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia, mainly along the Alps. To the south it bordered with the Italian Republic and San Marino, and is surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea.
According to the Padanian Federal Constitution (Costituzione Federale Padana), the government is organized in the following way:
- Federal President (Presidente Federale), elected by the citizens every seven years. The post is hold by Matteo Salvini.
- The Parliament has a unicameral system, and this is composed of the Chamber of the People. For more info about the Parliament: Padanian Parliament.
- The Chamber of the People is elected by the people every ten years. There are 100 deputies.
- Federal Prime Minister (Primo Ministro Federale), nominated by the Parliament. They were responsible for the administration of the Republic. Umberto Bossi is the new Federal Prime Minister.
- The Constitution establishes the Government of Padania as composed of the Federal Prime Minister and Ministers. The Prime Minister forms their cabinet. The appointee can be the leader of the majority coalition that won the election, or it can be a person instructed by the Parliament to form a national unity government in times of crisis for the nation. Either way, the government must receive the confidence of the President and of the Parliament.
- The Federal constitution states that justice is administered in the name of the people and that judges are subject only to the federal laws. So the judiciary is a branch that is completely autonomous and independent of all other branches of power, even though the Minister of Justice is responsible for the organization and functioning of those services involved with justice, as well as having the power to originate disciplinary actions against judges. These are then administered by the High Council of the Judiciary, presided over by the President.
- There is only partial judicial review of legislation. Judicial review exists under certain conditions, established by the Constitutional Law, in the Parliament, or the President, who can reject anti-constitutional laws after scrutiny. When the Parliament declares a law unconstitutional, the law ceases to have effect the day after the publication of the ruling.
- The Parliament is responsible of the supervision and protection of the Federal Constitution. It can launch new articles of the constitution, which must be approved by the federal Prime Minister and the President. They can also amend the constitution with the approval of the president.
- According to the Federal Constitution, any citizen that is forty on the day of the election, and enjoys civil and political rights, can be elected President. The President cannot hold office in any other branch of power, and the office's salary and privileges are established by law.
- In addition to powers inherent in being a member of the cabinet, the prime minister holds specific powers, most notably being able to nominate a list of cabinet ministers, to be appointed by the President of the Republic.
- Often the Prime Minister's activity consists more in mediating between the various parties in the majority coalition, rather than directing the activity of the Council of Ministers.
- The Ministers are nine:
|Ministers of the Government Bossi|
|Minister of the Interior||Roberto Maroni|
|Minister of Foreign Affairs||Mario Borghezio|
|Minister of Defence||Roberto Rota|
|Minister of Justice||Umberto Rossi|
|Minister of Economy, Development and Finance||Roberto Calderoli|
|Minister of Infrastructures and Transports||Giancarlo Giorgetti|
|Minister of National Education||Giulio Centemero|
|Minister of Tourism and Environment||Maurizio Delfino|
|Minister of Public Health||Andrea Donini|
Padania is divided into Federal Regions, Provinces and communes. The Regions are in charge of a Federal President, elected by the citizens of the Region. The Provinces are in the charge of a Prefect, named by the Federal President, who is in charge of all aspects of the state administration and public order. The chief magistrate of a commune is a Mayor, elected by the citizens of a city, or in special case by a Prefect. They are assisted by a Municipal Consul, composed of five councilors named by the Mayor. Every federal region have a governative body composed of 50 deputies, and every region have his own law.
- Valle d'Aosta: Aosta
- Piemonte: Torino
- Liguria: Genova
- Trentino Alto-Adige: Trento
- Emilia-Romagna: Bologna
- Veneto: Venezia
- Lombardia: Milano
- Friuli Venezia-Giulia: Trieste
Padanian foreign affairs started after the 11th November 2015, with the nomination of Salvini as Federal President and the open bilatteral relations to recognize Padania. Padania has generally good relations with Russia and Scotland, though Scotland has expressed concern with some of Padania's right-wing policies. Padania has opened embassies and diplomatic missions in Edinburgh and in Erbil, and is planning on opening a consulate in Rome to improve relations. Recently, a team of Padanian diplomats and Salvini have participated at a meeting in Moscow for recognizing Padania, with Salvini and Putin discussing the possibility of an economic partnership. Matteo Salvini has also announced plans to send a battalion of the Padanian Federal Army in Syria, to help the Syrian Government with the assist of Russia, Iran, Iraq and Kurdistan.
The Southern Question and Immigration
Padania, under the right-wing Lega Nord, has started racist policies against immigrants who live there, much to the concern of the international community. At the moment, Padanian policy and law gives immigrants with no citizenship two options:
- Return their country of origin or move to Italy.
- Apply for citizenship and pass the various tests on the Padanian culture and history. Those who have an African or an Arabic last name are much more disadvantaged than those who have a European last name
Also Padania have started at destroyed all the rom camps and expelle all the roms with out a homeless, at least 25.154 have leave the Padania after the distruction of all the stable or nomade camps, this operation lead by the Federal Police and by the Federal Guard was called a success by Salvini and other polticans in Padania, but it was called a shame and a horrible things by Ban Ki-moon, who accused Padania of have openly violation of Human rights in the confrom of the Rom and Sinti.
For those who the citizenship is accepted, they must comply with the rules, such as:
- Respect the Padanians because they are hosts.
- Mosques can only be built with a limited number and in isolated place.
- They can't speak Arabic in public.
- They must know the National Anthem.
- Speak a perfect Italian.
- They don't have Unitary or Fascist ideals, and are not in possession of figurines, statues, calendars, photos, flags, stickers, or anything else that can celebrate the unification of Italy or Fascism. This will result in the confiscation of such items and their destruction, as well as the arrest of the owner of the objects (This rule is only for the Italians).
The most read newspapers are the Corriere di Milano, the Padania, the Repubblica Padana, the Sole 24 ORE, the Messaggero Padano, Tuttosport and the Secolo XIX. Printed media of all religions other thank Islam is free to publish. The official news agency is ANSPA
Radio and television are privatized. There are many regional TV stations for the regional languages.
Military and Internal Security
The Padanian Federal Armed Forces (Forze Armate Federali Padane) are organized in:
- Padanian Federal Army (Esercito Federale Padano): 100,000 military
- Padanian Federal Marines (Marina Federale Padana): 21,989 military
- Padanian Federal Air Force (Aeronautica Federale Padana): 12,117 military
- Padanian Federal Guard (Guardia Federale Padana): 95,000 guards
The internal security and police are in charge of:
- Padanian Federal Guard (Guardia Federale Padana): 95,000 guards
- Padanian Federal Police (Polizia Federale Padana): 32,400 policemen