Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Date||September 11, 1941 - March 19, 1943|
|Location||Asia and Pacific Ocean|
|Result|| Decisive Allied victory
The Pacific War took place between the Japanese Empire and the United States, Soviet Union, Free British forces, and China (both the Republican and Communist factions).
A Day that will live in Infamy
On September 11 1940, in response to FDR's oil sanctions, Admiral Yamamoto authorizes a plan to attack Hawaii. However, the USA intercepted the transmission and were waiting for the Japanese strike force. The Japanese strike causes large amounts of damage, sinking the Arizona, the Utah, the Nevada and the West Virginia but the American revenge strike sinks the carriers Hiryu, Ryujo and the Zuikaku.
Midway, the Irredeemable defeat
6 months later, exactly as Yamamoto predicted, the USA would defeat Japan's naval superiority. At Midway, the Imperial Japanese fleet lost most of their aircraft carriers as well as several cruisers and hundreds of Zeros.
Soviet Union rejoins the war
Zhukov was told by Roosevelt that the terms for Lend-Lease (including help for the Tunguska Project) had changed. Basically Russia had to rejoin the Pacific war. Zhukov readily agreed because he wanted to settle an old score with Japan.
The Joint Strike Force of America, Russia, Britain and China was too much for Japan and they sued for peace in 1943.
Treaty of Peking
The victorious powers were very harsh to Japan:
1. Manchuria is to be given to China.
2. Japan would pay $58 billion dollars in reparations over 67 years.
3. Japan would have military restrictions imposed on it.
4. The Emperor would be removed, and a Republic formed.
5. Korea is to become independent.
6. Japan is to be partitioned into four zones of occupation (American, Soviet, Commonwealth, and Chinese). With Tokyo divided evenly between the four, and the Osaka-Kobe area divided between the British Commonwealth and China.