New Venice is a country in Takamatsu.
New Venice was a colony of Venice and was created in 1625, and had expanded from the Bahamas to other islands and soon to mainland Takamatsu. Later, in 1909 New Venice had declared independence from Italy. In Second World War, New Venice sided with Italy (and the Axis powers) and declared war on Hongjiang, as well as aiding Italy. Though they lost in the end and ended up giving Cuba and a few islands right below it to Hongjiang, and also Hongjiang set up a communist government in New Venice and made it a satellite state. After the fall of the communist government in 1988, New Venice had transferred to a democracy, however it started to weaken a bit. Afterwards, it became devastated by Typhoons and have very difficult times recovering from them, especially the 2005 Typhoon season. Despite all this, it is still recovering from the damage it had suffered and new constructions are happening, which gives an un-employment rate by around 1.3%.
New Venice has seven Regions, which are then subdivided into provinces.
- Treviso (OTL North Carolina)
- Ferrara (OTL South Carolina)
- Vetranto (OTL US State of Georgia)
- Fiorelandia (OTL Florida and Bahamas)
- Haiti (OTL Haiti, Dominican Republic, and Turks and Caicos Islands)
- Cosenza (OTL Puerto Rico and Leeward Islands)
- Toscanini (OTL Windward Islands, Barbados, and Tobago)