Aragon - Michael Douglas
- 1401-Alliance with Portugal.
- 1401-War with Navarre (conquered in 1402).
- 1405-Alliance with Scotland.
- 1406-Peace with Castille, Alliance with Castille against Granada.
- 1406-Aragon proposes Alliance with Brittany.
- 1407- Brittany accepts.
- As of 1407, all Aragonian allies are Catholic. (possibly Scotland is not, I don't know, if it isn't sorry). Aragon hereby invites all to improve ties with each other. Also, there is the possibility of new Crusades coming up (I think these would be good for the game) against the Ottomans and African Muslims, or in support of the Christian Jalayrids. Would you be opposed to these? It might make the game pick up a bit.
Scotland although Catholic, is very much opposed to this crusade.
The Ottoman Empire, now a Catholic nation, offers help in this crusade. We share a border with the Malmuks and it wouldn't take long before we could liberate Jerusalem. From there, we could burn Mecca.
Maybe we should wait on the Crusade idea, we all have smaller ideas we have to take care of first. Michael Douglas 01:38, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
- As of 1421, Aragon has new open trade with the KU and the Crimean Empire.
- We offer you the following if you accept to give us all your OTL Venezuela we will help you colonizing the remaining South America except the part of Venezuela.
Hey, Venice is trying to start something and I really want to protect my colonies. If he invades, can I have some backup?
I was frustrated and said some things I regret. All I want is Brittany to recognize the colony I created in the Arizona/New Mexico area.
- As Venice has been excommunicated, there is now no trade with Venice, no diplomacy with Venice, or any alliance with Venice until they stop threatening Europe.
- Wait a minute. I'm "threatening" Europe? All us Venetians want is to have normalcy. We have been upgrading our military only for defensive purposes. The Army and Navy will stay in Venetian territory. All we want is this crisis to be over. While I apologize for the needlessly aggressive message I gave you before, we just everything to go back to the way everything was.
- You can't have it both ways. You greatly disturbed the political situation of Europe. There's no plausible way for me to explain backing down. I have the resources to pull it off, and I'm pretty much obligated to do it. You have to give to get, Yank.
- What do you want me to do? I don't have the slightest idea on what to do. I'm not going to anything, and you're not going to do anything. Until one of us backs down we have a stalemate.
- I don't know. Go through Crimea? Build the Suez Canal? I can't do anything. Maybe I can get the blockade down in the next 4 turns, as there will be economic stress by then. Until then, I have no idea.
- So you'd be willing to drop the blockade around 1439-1440?
- Tell you what, I'll drop the blockade now in exchange for allowing religious freedom to the Venecien colonies, and allowing me to conduct missionary services there? Its the only plausible reason I can think of, since Aragon would be fulfilling its obligation to the Catholic church. If not, thne I'll bring it down anyway in 1439.
- Naturally! I'll honestly take any deal I can get. If I did anything else, it's extremely likely that Venice would be f*cked. Either the economy would have been ruined or their territory conquered and divided.
- I just want two things:
- Your assurances that the Venetian Church is free to establish its own identity
- Your assistance defeating the overly-aggressive Hungary.
I am willing to give you this:
- My assurances that I will not invade Venice or in any way force Venice to return to the Catholic faith
- I will not intervene on Hungary's side, although I will try to assert Wallach independence.
- Will you trade your Namib colony for my colony in Yucatan and South America?
- I will, but I want Scottish North Africa and Cuba thrown in there, too.
- You can have North Africa and Sri Lanka
Could I have an alliance with you? PitaKang 20:37, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Depends, I need to know if you have any land left and where. Michael Douglas 21:34, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Ireland - CheesyCheese
Scotland - Qrfbsca
To the Kalmar Union, please accept my official apology for the invasion of your islands in the North Atlantic, please end the blockade of our ports in Aberdeenshire, I would like to propose a new alliance.
Response: All terms accepted.
To the Irish states, I would like to propose an alliance for driving out the English.
Response: The proposal is accepted.
To Aragon/ Portugal I would like to propose an alliance.
Aragon accepts the alliance.
Hey, Venice is trying to start something, so can I have some help if he invades?
I was frustrated and said some things I regret. All I want is Brittany to recognize the colony I created in the Arizona/New Mexico area.
If Venice attacks, can we count of Scotland to honour our alliance?
If I attack Alexandria and he attacks me, would you protect me? PitaKang 16:20, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
Portugal - Baconton
Burgundy (Netherlands) - AltMino
Kalmar Union - BoredMatt
Meh......This game is getting a bit stale (no offense everybody) so I'm just gonna auction off my colonies to the highest bidder. Ask what you want and say what you will pay in return. I'm just going to sit back and let the money flow in for the next couple of decades, and I don't want people running around attacking my stuff so I'm just doing this instead.
- If the Venetians start anything, can I count of the KU to come to our Aid? We're practically allies anyway, because we're both allies of Scotland.
- You may indeed. As soon as we fulfill our obligations in Russia, we shall devote our nation to stopping this accursed heresy once and for all.
- Let me remind everyone that I don't plan to start anything. We're not suicidal. Let me also remind you that not only do the Venetian Catholics have freedom of worship, but I allowed the Aragonians and the KU to do missionary services in my colonies.
- I have a peace proposal: the Ottomans will cede Lebanon and Israel, and we will finally end our territorial demands, we will join the HR alliance, we will have a non-aggression and protection pact with the HR nations, Jerusalem (City) will be administered by the Ottomans and Jerusalem, Jerusalem will be renamed Kingdom of Alexandria, you're nations will not fight against me in the war with Ethiopia and finally our princess Sophia will marry an Ottoman prince uniting our nations heritage or even the 2 as one. VENEZUELA 22:39, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Look, Vene, don't ask me. I'm just fighting because of my obligation to defend the HRE. Talk to the Ottomans. And as for the Venetians, that post was several days ago. Sven is a bit more levelheaded at this point in time BoredMatt 23:08, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Powattaa (my mid-Atlantic colony): Minimum Bid: 1/3 of your current treasury and 1/10 of your income for the next 10 years.
Bids: Brittany offers 1/3 of our treasury and 1/10 of our income for the next ten years.
KU: Sounds good enough, but I'm going to wait a couple of days to give other people time to make a counteroffer. Barring that, it's sold to ya.
KU: One more hour and Powataa is the property of Brittany unless somebody ups their bid. Final alert.
SOLD SOLD SOLD
Nya Alborg (Maricaibo): Minimum bid: all your assets in the Baltic, including forceful transfer of your merchant's ships and capital there into KU hands OR twice the value of the above payed out in a letter of credit backed by your currency that is redeemable within the next 50 years. SOLD SOLD SOLD
SOLD SOLD SOLD
Nya Sundsvall (my Canadian colony): 1/5 of your current treasury plus 1/10 of your current income for the next 20 years AND the right for KU merchants to trade in ANY of your ports duty-free, indefinitely. SOLD SOLD SOLD
- Aragon is willing to pay you 1/6 of our current treasury for Newfoundland, plus give you favourable trade terms for the next 20 years. But not right now, we are at war.
- KU: I'm afraid that the minimum bid is nonnegotiable. Please revise your offer.
- Ok, I'll pay you 1/5 of my current treasury, plus 1/9 of the current income the the next 20 years, for all of your Canadian territory plus that little annoying city you own near Gran Columbia.
- How about you pay out what you said above but with the tribute only for ten years PLUS either of the two options given under the Nya Alborg bid.
- I have no issue with giving you all my Baltic territory (please don't realise I have none...) I'll pay you 1/5 of my current treasury, pay a tribute of 1/9th of my current income for the next 10 years. I will do the second option, but I upgraded from 1/10th to 1/9th, thats a lot for one city, really.
- No, it's not territory I'm talking about. Any assets, ships, businesses, and lands that are owned by Aragonian trading houses, merchants, citizens or by your government are to be confiscated by the KU. However, if you wish, the second offer would be twice the value of the above in a letter of credit at the time of this writing. That, combined with the tribute and the 1/5 thingy, in exchange for you getting those two colonies, is a deal.
- Done. If you will post that it is sold, the transaction is complete.
- It's a done deal. She's yours, Maracaibo and Canada both. I believe you'll be happy to note that you have inherited our claim to all lands north of the St. Lawrence as well ;D.
Empire of Trebizond - Emperor of Trebizond
Kingdom of Jerusalem - VENEZUELA
- Kalmar Union we offer you to sold your territories in South America to us in exchange of the Kalmar colonization of Libya.
- Aragon we offer you to sold us your territories in OTL Venezuela in exchange of the rest of Arabian Peninsula for you to colonize.
- Ottomans you attack us without reason, we demand you to return all our former territory south of Lakatia, in exchange you will have bases, an allied government, and your own church in Jerusalem. If you don't accept this terms we will give you the Sudanese coast in exchange for our lost territory.
- KU: We are afraid we have absolutely no interest in colonization of Libya at this point in time. We do believe that we are selling Nya Alborg to the Aragonians. We are afraid that your offer had little promise for us anyway, as you yourself do not control Libya.
- Libya is on the few places in which you can still have a Mediterranean port, and is our deserted neighbor so we can colonize it but we prefer that South American zone so please, please accept this offer, which will eventually create a better relationship between our nations.
- Aragon: We're not interested in selling Venezuela in its entirety. We can sell you Guyana though, and will help fund your colonization of what remains of Venezuela, if you can establish colonies in the Arabian Peninsula so it'll be worth our while.
- Ethiopia No deal on Nubia, it is sovereign Ethiopian territory. The Arabian colonies and northern Sudanese areas might be negotiable at a later date.
- Ethiopia why did you invade us!!!
- Because you invaded them, silly. Michael Douglas 21:34, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Poland and Lithuania - Smallpox
Muscovy - Ownerzmcown
Crimean Khanate (Golden Horde) - Tbguy1992
- 1427- Offers Alliance to Venice.
- 1427- Offer is accepted.
- The Ottomans request peace. We don't even wish to harm you guys! We even were hoping for an alliance.
- KU: In terms of spheres of influence, we would like all Eastern and Northern European and nations to remain within our sphere. You can have the rest of Asia to yourselves.
Provence requests an alliance to Crimea PitaKang 20:38, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Open the route to China right now 1000Monkeys 02:39, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Ethiopia Please send forces to help us against the Egyptians.
- Should I attack Ottoman and/or Alexandria? PitaKang 16:22, December 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Never mind, I already attacked Alexandria anyways PitaKang 01:06, December 7, 2010 (UTC)
The Imperium (Brittany) - CrimsonAssassin
- Offers alliance to Scotland, Ireland and France
- Scotland: accept
- Aragon asks, what is the purpose of the war in England, we joined due to the alliance but we need reason to stay. Of course, England is neutral I think, haven't seen any posts by them...if we stick it out to the end, we'll probably want to trade our English territory for some in Africa.
Venice makes an offer on the division of the region. We ask that you withdraw to east of either the Mississippi or the Pecos Rivers. We will gladly purchase any territory west of your chosen river for any reasonable sum you can come up with.
- Nope. Sorry.
- I'm sorry you feel that way. The deal's officially off the table. I'm afraid I'll have to use more... unpleasant methods. I would have allowed you to name your own price! This isn't over. Not by a longshot. I haven't forgotten how you butted into the Venetian-Ottoman War. You have given me a headache ever since you decided to steal part of Texas from me. Of course you realize, this means war?
- We never stole Texas from you. In fact, we're a good fifty to a hundred miles south of the Rio Grande. We've been in America before you even joined. We were in Texas by the time you had taken the Aztecs. I was hoping to have some trade with you and put the war behind us (in which nothing even changed). And since I've joined, I've made some friends. Try and invade, and you'll have us to fight, the Ottomans to fight, along with potentially Aragon and Scotland (we go back a long ways). We took over England, so we are by no means afraid of you. Besides, there's plenty of Mexico for you to conquer such as Baja Mexico and northern Mexico. There are also islands in the Caribbean and Africa isn't too colonized either. I'm sorry if you get mad, but I don't want to give my colonies up. Oh, and I did update your colonies on the map too.
- Aragon will intervene, should Venice actually try something...but otherwise I have to focus on saving my economy. Yank seems to forget that all of us except the Ottoman Empire were obligated by treaty to declare war on him, just because Scotland and the KU (I was ok with that, it shouldn't have happened anyway) didn't doesn't mean nobody had to.
- There. Was that really so hard? All I wanted was Nuova Grecia acknowledged. I want to put this behind us. Is there any way I can have Venice signed onto your Grand Alliance?
- I'll want to give it a few years in-game, but I'll be happy to sign you in!
- This new religious dispute make me highly doubt Venice ever being able to join your alliance. It's pretty much the "Catholic Club". Let me remind you that most of the Britons of the time were pagans, which means that they shouldn't have reacted so harshly to both Muslims and Venetian Christians.
- Brittany was pagan in OTL. However, in my Brittany, they are Catholic. We'll be happy to reject anything other than Catholicism. If we get to 2010 in this game, we're still going to be Catholic!
- That makes me worry that around 1939 (or earlier!) we are going to see some form of Nazi Party-analogue rise to power in Brittany.
- Why do you say that? Have something against Catholics?
- The Bohemians are Venetian allies. We refuse to allow their sovereignty to be violated. I request that you please stop expanding into Bohemia. There are plenty of small states in that region that you can annex.
- You can do business with an Imperial state now. Life in the Imperium is very free and their sovereignty is not being violated. Please note that we are not annexing through war. However, I am open to business. I want Florence for Bohemia. We will need a direct route to Rome. If you do so, we will also hold the Holy Roman Games in the city of Venice!
- As far as I'm concerned the fact that the Bohemians would have to follow orders from Briton leaders instead of their own means that their sovreignty is most definitely being violated. And I'm willing to give you a neutral road through Florence, but that is it. I was also wondering why you annexed Savoy and not Provence. I am also willing to give Brittany a valuable trade agreement in exchange for Bohemia's sovereignty.
- We'll let Bohemia go if you give us Florence. You have to give to get. Also, I forgot to get Provence. Also, the Imperial officers will not harm them. Their sovereignty is not being violated at all. Have a nice day!
Complaints Moved the discussion to the talk page.
Jalayirids - Fedelede
- Aragon asks for access to the Silk Road and trade.
- Accepted. Wishes for help against the Venetians
- I have a peace proposal: the Ottomans will cede Lebanon and Israel, and we will finally end our territorial demands, we will join the HR alliance, we will have a non-aggression and protection pact with the HR nations, Jerusalem (City) will be administered by the Ottomans and Jerusalem, Jerusalem will be renamed Kingdom of Alexandria, your nations will not fight against me in the war with Ethiopia and finally our princess Sophia will marry an Ottoman prince uniting our nations heritage or even the two as one.
- Deal with the current borders. We will not cede anything.
- Please just Lebanon and Israel east of the Jordan river!!!!!! see my user page and you will know why I want this lands. You stay with the Golan Heights and the West Bank.
- Okay, you can have the lands. BTW: I'm Catholic too!
- THANK YOU! might you add this to your post of the Silk Road please and that you accepted because I already did my only edit today.
- Then will you sign a non-aggression pact? I do not want to get involved in any wars at the present, much less against the Holy Roman Empire. If you agree and after you deal with Egypt, I will help sponsor a "Suez Canal", granted we both have equal rights to it. The overland route is getting to become outdated, with all the colonization and the fact that they can start to ship it by sea, and I want to ensure a chance that the Crimean Empire remains prosperous. Tbguy1992 18:04, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I think what I'm doing in the Byzantine Empire has nothing to do with you. You should mind your own damn business! The Byzantines were just as much the enemies of the Ottomans as they were of the Venetians.
- We gave them that Greek territory after we converted to Christianity. It was a gift and an apology. We decided to further help them and defend them while they get back on their feet, so this is our business. We see potential in your young empire. We ask for you to end the war and there may be something extra in it for you if you end this war. (Could be money, could be some bishops, could be some nice territory along the Nile, could be access to the Silk Road. Pick one!)
- Ha! That's rich. You know that the Byzantines, as the last remnants of the Roman Empire, are far from a "young empire". They only became so weak because you, the Ottomans, stole every other scrap of territory they had controlled. We did not wish to crush the Byzantines completely. We would have let them keep their territory in Thrace. The only reason I seized the territory in the first place is because the Venetians an Byzantines have been trading rivals for years. Here's my offer: We purchase the territory from the Byzantines, as well as any territory we occupy.
- Plus the rules state that inactive users become "neutral, unable to oppose invasion". Let's face it. Newsealand9011 is inactive, and probably will never come back. That makes his territory wide open for annexation by outside forces. I know you were buddy-buddy with him, but you could always take Constantinople.
- Deal. We'll buy the empire though. Don't harm a single Byzantine, though!
- As long as the Venetians get the money from the sale of Byzantine Greek territory in compensation for the loss of said territory. Plus I want your word that you won't intervene when I annex Cyprus and/or Florence as compensation.
- None of the casualties of the war were Byzantine. Does the map mean that I get to keep Greece?
- What map? Nevertheless, I said take the Byzantine peacefully. Furthermore, I won't intervene when you take Florence. However, I must protect the Papal States. They must remain their own country.
- I think the Byzantines were so weak that they folded swiftly after the Venetian troops started marching. That way the Byzantine territory is occupied and no-one (Byzantine or Venetian) dies.
- 1428- Asks Crimean Empire for aid in defeating the nosy Ottomans.
- Aragon: Seeing your post on how you wish to discuss how to divide the remaining territory in Central America, I thought I'd tell you that Aragon is not expanding in that region anymore. Go nuts.
- I would like an alliance with Aragon and Crimea
- Alliance granted Michael Douglas 21:36, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Accepted Tbguy1992 05:00, December 6, 2010 (UTC)
At the moment I'm stilled allied with Ethiopia, but I don't want to drag in the entire HRE, which also includes Aragon and the KU, which would very easily destroy us. Tbguy1992 16:48, December 6, 2010 (UTC)
Don't worry Aragon won't attack you, he's still allied with me. Also, the KU are on our side, remember?
Ethiopia --Vegas adict 20:27, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Alliance with Scotland and Crimea
- Because I want to conquer ancient Nubia so if you cede Sudan we will return to our land and return you Eritrea and help you colonize the territory south of yours in Africa.
- KU: Your continuing aggression towards our brothers in the HRE and your unrelenting attacks on Ethiopia in order to replicate the feats of a Pagan nation makes us question your faith in the Godhead. We are prepared to put our full military on the line for Ethiopia, and even if they do cede it we will continue our war with you.
- ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GOD-HEAD! THE GODHEAD KNOWS ALL! Michael Douglas 21:37, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Bow to the Godhead or YOUR ESSENCE WILL BE NULLIFIED BY THE COLOR INDIGO! REPENT, JERUSALEM, REPENT! BoredMatt 21:54, December 2, 2010 (UTC)