Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Muslim Liberation Army is an army organization loosely associated with Iran. The MLA wants a complete break from the perceived foreign influences in Muslim countries, and the creation of a new Islamic caliphate.
Reported beliefs include that a Christian-Jewish alliance is conspiring to destroy Islam, which is largely embodied in the USSR and its allies, as well as the GSU, which the organization perceives as a corrupt entity which has lost touch with "true Islam“, and Israel.
The organization was founded after Iran's humiliating defeat at the hands of Iraq in the First Gulf War in Fall of 1987. The appointed leader of this organization is Ali Sayad Shirazi, and has led the organization for almost a quarter of a century.
The organization had ties with resistance groups in Iraq and was instrumental in various terrorist plots in that country, culminating in the explosion of a dirty bomb in Baghdad, killing the leadership of the country. This was one of the greatest successes of the organization.
Shirazi proved to be difficult to control for the Iranians, as he had gained significant influence and power throughout the Middle East, creating sleeper cells in various countries, especially the newly created United Assyrian Republic, as well as Kurdistan, which it helped to gain land in former northern Iraq.
Fearing for their own security, Iranian leaders sent the majority of the MLA into former Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, in an effort to establish a buffer between the country and the newly discovered USSR. The base of operations for the group would then move to Merv, located within Turkmenistan. Their mission was to recruit the local Muslim population to their cause. Some joined freely, while other survivors were forced to join and were indoctrinated to their cause. Their power soon grew throughout the region, with remaining villages and cities in the region paying tribute to the MLA, which would soon have outposts in most of these remaining settlements.
Although they share a land border with Iran, the organization has grown more and more independent and Iran now recognizes the MLA's sphere of influence in Central Asia as de facto separate from their own. The Iranian government still supports the organization, however, and despite the free will of the leadership of the MLA they still remain close allies.
The MLA is effectively divided into two branches:
- the Central Asian branch- This is the primary base of operations and its main source of new recruits. This part of the organization also has members in Aralia as well and their numbers have grown ever since the Siberian invasion of the country.
- the Middle Eastern branch- This part of the organization is much more secretive but still remains in direct contact with its leader Shirazi. For now it has mostly gathered intel in the Muslim countries of the GSU. However, it does actively support terrorist activities in Israel, mostly in the form of car bombs and suicide bombers and has been a thorn in the side for Israel.
- International branches- It is suspected that the organization has started to garner support from other Muslims in various other countries of the world, although this has yet to be conclusively proven. For now this fact only causes unease in global powers such as the ANZC and Brazil. For Siberia, this is a severe problem and they have strived to work with the GSU and Israel to thwart their plans.
Although the Iranian government finances most of its endeavors, the organization gets much of its financing through the heroin drug trade, going through drug routes to Pakistan, the UIP, Middle Eastern countries through Iran and even reaching the USSR. There has even been financing from sympathizers in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries.
The main strategies employed by the MLA and approved by Iran are as follows:
1. Incite local resistance in the Muslim population of Central Asia against the USSR.
2. Expand the conflict to neighboring countries and force the USSR into a long war of attrition.
3. Destabilize local satellite regimes of the ANZC, SAC and the USSR.
4. Create an ideology easily followed by Muslims in other countries and franchise the movement without requiring direct command and control.
The organization relies mostly on old Soviet equipment left behind by Soviet forces, as well as what ever equipment the Iranian government sends. Small guns range from the Soviet-made Makarov and AK-47 and RPG-7 to weapons such as the Tondar, the H&K G3A6 and the M1911A1.
Vehicles used are mostly what ever means of transport they can find, which include old cars that have not fallen into disrepair, but also APC's, such as the BTR-60 and BTR-50 and they have also put into service the Iranian Zulfiqar tank and they currently possess ten of them, as well as 30 Type 59's.
There is no navy to speak of and the air forces of the MLA consists exclusively of six Mil Mi-8 and ten Aérospatiale SA 321 Super Frelon helicopters.