Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This new althist pretty much cements my return to this wiki, but this will be a secondary project, as I am devoting most of my time to the Alternate-Future wiki. And for those who are wondering, "Mondo de Scopatore" literally translates from Italian to "World of Scopatore".
This timeline doesn't have a specific PoD, it actually has many, many PoDs. After the Fall of the U.S.S.A. in 1991, the Council of Nations and European Community started a plan to undermine national sovereignty via a massive hoax called "Global Warming". Once this was revealed, coupled with the fiasco that was "Agenda 21", the world saw the disbandment of the Council of Nations, European Community, and the Atlantic Defense Community.
The World of "Mondo de Scopatore"
Russia - Fresh off the Holy Russian Revolution that put an end to almost a century of both direct or indirect military rule since the victory of the White movement during the Russian Civil War. Minus the ultranationalist quasi-fascist military junta, the Russian Empire was doing well economically until the assassination of Tsar Cyrillovich's assassination and a coup by Beria and Malenkov, who followed the "Russian Way to Socialism", and turned the nation into a third-world country in 15 years. Vladimir Putin, director of the Secret Police, led an insurrection that toppled the Russian Democratic Republic. The Russian Republic under Vladimir Putin went well, and showed signs of a democratic transition, but the Holy Russian Revolution of 2011 deposed Putin (who fled to Alaska) and the "Holy Russian Empire" that was proclaimed turned the semi-democratic republic into a Tsarist autocratic expansionist theocracy. It seeks to unite with Greece to form a massive orthodox empire with Constantinople as its capital.
Turan - Hails itself as the true successor to the Mongol Empire, the Turan Empire has just recently annexed Mongolia after the Turan-Mongol war of 2012. it's consolidating its power and gearing up for another shot at China, who between 2007 and 2009, fought for its very survival against the hordes of Turan legions. Seeks to reunify all the lands of the former Mongol Empire.
China - Pretty much TTL's version of Japan (politically anyway). Formerly a neutral, pacifist and peaceful nation, the Sino-Turan war of 2007 - 2009 caught the Chinese off-guard, and they suffered 40 million casualties as a result. Modern China was founded after the defeat of the Chinese Empire in the Second World War. Has become more and more militaristic in recent years and are waiting for Turan to make another move against them.
- Theodore II Laskaris dies, but not before he kills Michael Palaiologos. The throne is passed on to an older and more mature John IV. He has a long and fruitful reign in which he continues to favor skilled middle-class bureaucrats over the Aristocracy and eventually builds up a stable of loyal supporters among the class that help him stave off the nobility's attempts to depose him. The old bloated bureaucracy of the Byzantine Empire is reformed, and old defunct offices and titles are abolished while offices that preform closely related duties are merged.
- The Danish East India Company establishes a colony on the Indian Subcontinent.
- Genoa takes back Corsica.
- The American Revolution ends as the United States of America wins their independence from the British Empire as a loose confederation of states. Problems begin to plague the USA, with constant fighting between the states in the Federal Government as well as occasional battlefield skirmishes.
- The Continental Congress had enough. They decided that a king must rule the American States, though not an absolute monarchy, that was out of the question. Virginia championed George Washington, the Hero of the Revolution and first President of the United States. The Northern States disagreed as they believed Virginia had too much power even without their statesman sitting on the throne. Other Americans nominated Christian Friedrich Karl Alexander of the German noble house of Hohenzollern, who was not unknown to the American People. A power struggle broke out with the Virginians and Southern States wanting George Washington on the throne, and the Northerners wanting Christian Friedrich on the throne. Violence broke out lasting a couple of months until the Northern States capitulated. George Washington, now known as George I of America, is crowned as King of the Kingdom of the American States (later renamed the "American Empire" upon King George's death) on June 10.
- The First French Republic is established. It launches an invasion of Northern Italy, resulting in the forming of the first coalition to counter France. Napoleone Buonaparte, in control of the Genoan Armed Forces, turns back the assault.
- Napoleone now commands the Italian Legion, which is composed of the armies of the North-West City States.
- Austria calls it quits on the Anti-French alliance due to Napoleone's recent defeats in Germany and Italy. But the Italian legion continue to cause problems for France. Due to Napoleone's tactical victories, recruits and volunteers flood the legion, filling nationalist sentiment in Central and Northern Italy.
- Napoleone was given shelter in Naples, where he takes command of all Sicilian and Papal armies, and gains support for the "One Italy" movement to unite all Italians under one banner.
- Napoleone is proclaimed "King of All the Italians" by the Pope, and unites all Italian lands under one flag. He defeats the French once and for all, and sets on to reform the new Kingdom of Italy.
- Napoleone is working to reform Italy. He divides the lands he controls into regions, provinces and districts, each with their own local government. The legislative body is the Senate. Each Senator is elected from regions. He replaces the aristocracy. He woos England into recognizing his new country.
- By now, Napoleone has built up an army of 250,000 men and in March, he leads a decisive attack on the Illyrian Provinces, which he annexed.
- In February, Napoleone orders a fleet of ten ships and 3000 men to capture the Balearic Islands and amazingly, this operation succeeds.
- The Byzantine Empire refuses to unite with Italy, mostly due to Religious differences. Napoleone still envisions an Italy who is the "Master of the Mediterranean". He invades the Balkans, which are part of the Byzantine Empire, and seizes the future Yugoslav regions, striking a war between the two empires.
- Rome falls. Napoleone di Buonaparte is forced into exile on the island of Malta and is given the title "Emperor of Malta", where he spends the rest of his days. Naples and Sicily break away from the Italian Empire and form the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. The remnants of the Italian Empire are reformed into the Kingdom of Italy.
- Cold feelings towards the British with how the Canadian colonies are ruled turns hot as the Patriotes, led by William Lyon MacKenzie unleash a full-scale rebellion.
- The Rebellions of 1837 end as the Republic of Canada successfully gains independence from the British Empire.
- Ruperts Land and the Northwest Territories are purchased by the Republic of Canada.
- Newly independent Columbia joins the Republic of Canada.
- Europe is experiencing unrest. Many are rallying for reform and America was not immune. The success of the Canadian Rebellion and establishment of a Democratic Republic saw protests in Germany, Italy, France, and Britain itself. In America, the Northern States were Imperialist, supporting a strong Federal Government headed by a Powerful Monarch. The South, which is largely pro-slavery, is calling for decentralization and the preservation of states' rights. In the West, the states' stance is more radical, calling for a Republic. These tensions erupt into civil war, which became very bloody. Thousands are killed to move the line even an inch. The South declares independence as the Confederacy of America, and the West, though not declaring independence, houses many Republican militias.
- The American Civil War ends as the Imperialists finally crush the South, but Republican militias still continue to be a problem.
- Russia gives Alaska independence.
- A rally in May of 1886 in Haymarket Square in Chicago. Tragedy strikes when a bomb goes off, killing 7 Police Officers and wounding several others. The Police then opened fire on the protestors, who returned fire. After the firefight ended, 100 casualties were reported. This led to the King executing key members of the Socialist Movement on October 20th. Socialists uproared, and on October 24th, a united effort of armed socialists across the country took to the street, beginning the Second American Revolution.
- By early February, the socialists had captured several cities such as New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and nearly captured Washington, D.C. On June 27th, the government was toppled, the King abdicated and the Socialist government was instituted. The Communists begin to grow in popularity after the Revolution had begun. They argued that installing a Socialist government was not enough, and proposed a more absolute solution, to ban all other political parties and return power to the proletariat. This created a huge rift in the Socialist movement, resulting in the now hugely popular Communist movement to take control of Washington on November 12th, proclaiming the American People's Republic. The New Communist Government does not waste any time in reshaping the country into a Communist Paradise. Waves of Social and Economic reforms are passed to put an end to the oppression the proletariat had faced for so long, and strengthen the Communist Party's grip over the country. The king flees to Britain.
- With the recent Communist takeover of the American government, Communists in Canada become hugely popular. The 1888 Presidential Election sees the Communist Party of Canada win. Canadians rejoice as the People's Republic of Canada is proclaimed.
- The Union of Socialist States of America is founded by the American People's Republic and the People's Republic of Canada. Alaska becomes increasingly militant with Russian help, though the recent Duma elections have seen 1/3rd of all seats occupied by Communists.
- Alaskan Communists reach for power. A march in the capital takes control of the government, and the Alaskan Democratic Republic is proclaimed. Alaska joins the Union of Socialist States of America.
- The Mexican Revolution occurs. Communist Revolutionaries lead by M. N. Roy fight against anti-Revolutionary forces headed by Porfirio Diaz.
- World War I is underway as Austria-Hungary invades Serbia. Russia, Germany, and France mobilize their armies. Italy stays neutral, and plays both sides during the War, making massive amounts of money from the import/export game.
- Italy makes a deal with the Central Powers, and enters the Great War against the Allied Powers.
- The Central Powers win the Great War. In July, a ceasefire was signed.
- The Russian Revolution happens. Tsar Nicholas II abdicates and leaves Russia, going to the United Kingdom, with the Russian Republic taking the place of the Empire. Though this was followed by the October Revolution, which replaced the Republic with a Communist Government, sparking a civil war between the Bolsheviks and the White Movement. Turkestan declares independence but due to extensive German support the Whites are unable to take it back, and leave it alone for the time being, trying to focus on the bigger problem at hand.
- Eugene Debs replaces
- The Treaty of Potsdam is signed. Poland gains independence and fights several wars of independence to secure its borders. The Baltic States unite into the United Baltic Duchy and Finland joins the Scandinavian Empire.
- The Kaiser of Germany is reduced to a figurehead monarch. Even though the Central Powers won the Great War, the bad leadership led to unrest in the German Empire and Wilhelm II's unpopularity. He does not abdicate, however the Germans are content with having him no longer in absolute power.
- In late 1919, the Whites destroy the Bolsheviks. All Bolshevik leaders are assassinated and a Junta is established between Denikin, Wrangel, Kolchak and Yudenich. It is decided that Wrangel, alongside Milyukov and Pepelyayev, becomes head of government while Denikin and Yudenich are put in charge of the Military. Meanwhile, Grand Duke Nikolai ascends the throne as Tsar.
- Benito Mussolini founds the Communist Party of Italy after being deemed "too radical and militaristic" by Filippo Turati and kicked out of the Socialist Party of Italy.
- Benito Mussolini and his loyal Communists initiate the "March on Rome", initially an attempt to take over the government, but turns into open rebellion against the king. King Napoleone V flees to Malta and coups the republican government and declares himself Emperor.
- American leader Eugene Debs dies. The fragile USSA is teetering on collapse. A power struggle between Al Capone and William Foster takes place.
- Al Capone wins the power struggle over William Foster. Capone, nicknamed "Scarface", consolidates his power, making the title of Chairman synonymous with "Leader of the USSA".
- Tsar Nikolai dies. Grand Duke Cyril ascends the throne.
- Alexander Kolchak dies. He is replaced by the Charismatic and handsome Alexander Kazembek. He begins Industrialization programs, as well as the modernization of the military. Mladorossi quickly becomes the largest, and eventually the sole legal party in Russia.
- The German National People's Party wins power in Germany.
- Eitel Friedreich dies, believed to be assassinated by the Nationalists, and the more pro-Nationalist Wilhelm III takes the throne.
- Spain plunges into civil war between the Republicans, supported by the United Kingdom and the USSA, and the Nationalists, supported by Germany.
- The Spanish Civil War ends as the republicans, majority of them Communist, crush the Nationalist movement. The People's Republic of Spain is proclaimed.
- Al Capone dies, but many believe he was poisoned since a high dosage of a compound used in rat poison was found in his system.
- A coup by the military in Burma is averted.
- Russian Tsar Vladimir Cyrillovich is assassinated. The Junta leaders then announce the dissolution of the Russian throne and the Russian Empire is effectively reorganized into the Russian Republic.
- The series of ethnic conflicts within the dying Danubia, today known as the "Danubian Wars", begin. What is to be known as the "Ten Day War" begins after the Independent State of Croatia declares independence.
- Hungarian-Romanian talks on the mistreatment of Hungarian minorities break down
- The Holy Russian Revolution takes place, finally putting an end to the Junta that has been ruling Russia since 1919. The Tsar is put back on the throne, and an Orthodox Theocracy is put in place.