Modena is a nation in Europe.
Modena is well known in the world for producing cars - such as Ferrari, Maserati, Pagani, De Tomaso and others.
The Duchy is divided into marquisates, which in turn are divided into municipalities.
A marquisate is a first-order subdivision of the Duchy. It has two governors:
- The Marquis(e), which is appointed by the Duke and has merely ceremonial functions;
- Commissioner, which is elected by the people.
The City of Modena, Castelfranco Emilia and Ferrara do not constitute a marquisate by themselves; they are instead governed directly by a Mayor.
- Marquisate of Carpi (The role of Marquis of Carpi is assumed by the heir apparent)
- Marquisate of Cento
- Marquisate of Codigoro
- Marquisate of Comacchio
- Marquisate of the Frignano
- Marquisate of Mirandola
- Marquisate of Nonantola
- Marquisate of Portomaggiore
- Marquisate of Rovigo
- Marquisate of Sassuolo
- Marquisate of Vignola
- Marquisate of Zocca
|ISO 4217 code||MDT|
|Date of introduction||1598|
|Source||The World Factbook, 2010 est.|
|Freq. used||5c., 10c., 20c., 50c., ₮1, ₮2|
|Rarely used||1c., 2c., ₮5|
|Freq. used||₮5, ₮10, ₮20, ₮50, ₮100,|
|Rarely used||₮200, ₮500|
The Thaler is the currency of Modena; it was introduced in 1598. It is pegged to the dollar (1=1.43 MDT).
- 1 c.
- 2 c.
- 5 c.
- 10 c.
- 20 c.
- 50 c.
- ₮5 (featuring Alessandro Tassoni)
- ₮10 (featuring Enzo Ferrari)
- ₮20 (featuring Arturo Dazzi)
- ₮50 (featuring Luciano Pavarotti)
- ₮100 (featuring Pietro Tacchini)
- ₮200 (featuring Carolus Sigonius)
- ₮500 (featuring Lorenzo Canozzi)