1899.9 (Impact Day)
- The date is December 21st, 1899. The sun has been blocked out in China for a day now by what scientists are calling a 'new moon'. At around noon, the asteroid struck in the steppes of China. The crust of the Earth fragmented. Smaller meteors fell with the asteroid, pelting most of the Earth. The areas near the new fault lines became prone to earthquakes. They could happen at any time. Contact between nations was lost and the age of Imperialism came to a literal crashing halt. Colonies lost contact with motherlands. Even some motherlands began to fall apart.
Uprisings begin in the United States, mainly in the west. England's Australian colony loses contact with England and, despite the efforts of many people, has little chance of contact within the year. They begin to work independently for a while.
- Finland finds itself in a rather odd position as its two rather powerful neighbors (Sweden and Russia) begin to fall apart. Being a relatively self-sufficient nation and not having major populations near them (a good bit of the Swedes were killed off by the strikes there, while the inhabitants of St Petersburg mainly (tried to) head south to the fertile Ukraine or starved to death). They, seeing no immediate threat, declare independence from Russia. A tentative naval expedition around the Baltic reveals a struggling but unified Germany, and rumors of a resurgent Roman Empire to the south. The expedition continues onward to Britain, and offer a (temporary) alliance in order to support one another and help each other get through the immediate aftermath of the meteorite strike. Meanwhile, Finland itself receives several vessels formerly of the Swedish Navy, who managed to escape the impact by being harbored on the western coast of Gotland. A few divisions of Swedish and now Russian troops in similar predicaments straggle in over the next month or so, and Finland offers them service in return for much-needed food and other supplies. Currently they aren't of much use (being starving and all, and (at least for the Swedes) using different ammunition than the Finns), but in a few months or so they should be ready for active service.
- The strike makes its effect on the Ottoman Empire as large earthquakes and tsunamis strike cities in the South while Istanbul is struck by a earthquake that fortunately is not too large nor last long. There are revolts and chaos everywhere until the Ottoman army puts it down and the empire slowly begins to recover and the painful task of repairing the nation begins. it seems that there Israel territory had suffered the most and other cities in the area while southern Turkey also experienced some damage.
- A small fragment of the crater flies from Asia to west Germany and hits just outside of the city of Essen. Cities all along on the Rhine River are shaken, mostly to rubble, mainly Duisburg, Dusseldorf, Cologne, and Boon. But the impact causes moderate tremors in cities as far away as Berlin and Hamburg, and the government declares marital law. The German government declares it will evacuate all of the land in eastern Pomerania, Posen, West and East Prussia, and Silesia to secure the area around Berlin. All German overseas territories are also evacuated as plans are made to recover from the damage along the Rhine.
- The Emirate of Bukhara becomes the closest nation to the massive Chinese impact almost immediately. Wanting the protection of being within a relatively stable state, many survivors escape to Central Asia to get to the Emirate. To accommodate some of those peoples, the Emirate begins a project of expansion in all ways except east. Although small bits of the meteorite throughout most of the territory hit parts of Central Asia hard, the Emirate of Bukhara is able to get a strong grip within some conquered territories, plus their native territory in east Uzbekistan, west Tajikistan and north Turkmenistan.
- Korea, which was largely unaffected, immediately kicks out all Japanese people and form the Korean Empire.
- The United States orders martial law in all 48 states and closes borders to everyone but Canada, UK, France, and Australia. The Uprisings are put down with military force to prevent another civil war. The U.S president orders an evacuation of the West Coast due to the new Fault Line and the uprisings. They also send expendary forces to Mexico and Latin America looking for survivors. Cuba, a US military territory petition for territory status to get funds to rebuild the government and to get representation. U.S troops as go on high protect on U.S Territories to protect against invasion from war. The U.S also suggest all uprisers that are not in jail go to Baja California
- In England, the damage is severe, with tidal waves and radiation. 75,000 have died already, and more are dying by the second. Farmland is ruined, and the dust cloud drops temperatures by five degrees in the first week.
- In Venezuela there is a meteorite that crashed several km from Calcara, many farms got damaged around that zone, although the government is stable and many European immigrants come to Venezuela. There is no severe damage and the economy is fine. The government is still investigating the area.
- People in the US, not willing to evacuate their homes, stay. Some entrepreneurs stay in their business' location, too concerned with money. Some try to support for their town. San Francisco, a boom town in California, is an excellent example. The survivors stayed and some entrepreneurs kept the town surviving. Meanwhile, some people are fleeing to remote cities to avoid being forced to move by the US government. Fort Las Vegas is rediscovered. Survivors flock to this secret haven.
Radiation spreads east from the Chinese crater. The tsunamis that struck Istanbul and Greece have taken their toll.
- German reconstruction operations increase after the Rhineland Reconstruction Act is passed in the Reichstag. Thousands of workers rush to the Rhineland as hundreds of thousands of people are evacuated to places all over Germany while the area is reconstructed. The efforts of these workers is moderate at best, parts of the wreckage are cleared, while other, more larger areas, are avoided for the time being. Martial law is lifted in many parts of the Empire as troops are rushed to help with the reconstruction effort.
- In Korea, there is no damage, so the Korean Empire is safe and sound. the Emperor, Lee Jong Il, 37, begins modernizing his army, equipping them with rifles. The army is 650,000 men strong, and he begins to draw up plans for the invasion of China, which was basically in anarchy.
- The Government in England is overthrown, replaced with a totalitarian one headed by a Charles Heath. He makes their army bigger and more modern, and begins planning for invasions of basically everywhere.
- the Bukharan army expands, ready to take more land on Central Asia when the Emirate is ready. The Bukharan also send their first expeditions onto Xinjiang in order to explore and annex it in the future, but are only able to go to a few corners untouched by the comet's devastation. Bukhara also starts the "One nation, one language" plan passed in the Emir's Court, in which every inhabitant of the Emirate has to learn the inter-communication language, which the Emir decides will be Uzbek from the moment on.
- Yeah, that's cool
- Finland continues to poke around the Baltic. Salvage rights are taken in Sweden and Russia, and the primary job of the Finnish Navy at this point is looking around and grabbing raw materials from the wrecked coastal cities there. Exploratory missions are undertaken by cavalry into Sweden, Norway, and Russia. Many refugees (most Swedish) with needed skills are immediately offered jobs in Finland, while less fortunate travelers are taken in on a first-come, first-serve basis. With the workforce expanding at great pace, skilled immigrants are set to work in the factories of the southwest, pumping out much-needed steel for Finland's expanding industrial capacity.
- The Ottoman Empire becomes a military state after the Sultan declares that the military would keep the nation in place until things calmed down. He also announces that any uprising will be crushed and no prisoners would be taken. The Ottomans navy explores a small part of Egypt, Athean Gulf, and parts of the Black Sea in order to establish contact with any nation, unfortunately much of the navy is kept in bays so that rebellions would not grow out of place and so that they could provide support. The Empire is still a mess and so eaves the job of rebuilding which is left for the citizens to do, most notably because civil services where not constant before the strike and now almost none exist.
- The United State recognises the people who do not want to leave and start a massive rebuilding project and build a Trail from Seattle to Los Angles. The United States also revokes the Platt Amendment and allows Cuba to become a territory. The Pacific Territories are okay and secure. D.C also wants states to vote on a New Amendment, Any Secesonists will get punished with lethal force for they do not want another civil war. The United States also build a new fort on Alcatraz Island and install a prison on it to. The United States also give Haiti some food and shelters for protection.
- Radiation spreads further east from the crater, towards Korea. However, the radiation is low-grade. Poorer areas of the empire see spikes in cancer. Meanwhile, a terrible earthquake occurs in the Himalayans!
- Las Vegas grows exponentially. It becomes a survivor haven. Meanwhile, Californian laborers go on strike, them being over tasked with rebuilding and keeping their families safe.
- The Korean Emperor sees the spike in cancer, and begins to reform their health program, rooting out corrupt officials and buying some of the more modern western medicine
- One thing: The Korean navy wasn't too modern then, but they invented the world's first ironclad in the 16th century, just saying. Also, Korea was already in contact with multiple western nations, ever since after the burning of the USS Sherman the US invaded Korea. France also attempted to attack Korea but failed.
- I KNOW, but they're just improving their medical program. That doesn't mean they found the cure for cancer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer#History
- In England, Charles Heath survives an assassination attempt by a democratic group. He immediately makes his army disband all democratic groups and execute the leaders of the one that tried to kill him
- The Ottoman Empire continues to explore the Mediterranean while also continuing the reconstruction which now has government support, allowing for cities and damaged areas to be rebuilt faster. A small expedition to explore (no not take control of or colonize) Greece, Bulgaria, and Italy.
- Sparsely populated Australia begins to recover from the impact. Most of the farmland has been spared, and they are able to support the remaining cities. They declare nominal independence from Britain to give themselves some more leeway in terms of the political actions needed to retain a unified Australia. While British Army remnants initially fight against what they perceive as an insurrection, most of the forces on the mainland have (for the moment) joined up with the AC to keep it from falling into anarchy. Some of the more loyal of the military units, however, have relocated to strongholds in Tasmania and New Zealand. No official action has been taken as of yet, but they are expected to launch an offensive sometime next year. For the moment, AC troops quell riots in the southwest and absorb much of the British Indian fleet that managed to escape the tidal waves that swept through the Indian Ocean.
- Finland continues to salvage what it can from the initial devastation. The army and navy are reformed and re-organized due to the influx of Scandinavian and Russian troops and ships. Exploratory trips are carried out in several different directions. One reaches the New Roman Empire and Germany, and propose alliances. Shipyards are expanded considerably as Finland begins taking over much of the trade in the Baltic.
- Germany continues its reconstruction of the Rhineland, and efforts to rebuild the city and move the population eastward have gone moderately well. About a fifth of the debris, mostly the small and easy parts, have been removed, and heavy machinery is brought in to remove the remainder of the debris and more workers are brought in to help.
- Bukhara starts a heavy "Modernization" program, based upon the more advanced technology of the ruins of the nearby Chinese and Russian Empires, plus nearby British India. All of this regions had fallen into anarchy but some modernized technology had survived. Infrastructure, industry and medicine are especially improved. Later, a Bukharan expedition finds itself within British Oman, and propose Britain an alliance.
- Britain agrees with the alliance.
- The radiation pulses stop in Korea. An earthquake strikes the alps. Meanwhile, the Earth's oceans begin to rise. Islands around the world cease to exist while other spots around the world become lakes. Most of the craters fill up with water. New Orleans is destroyed. Lack of communication around the world ends many empires. The English African colonies go their separate ways. Some retain the British ways while others adopt a new lifestyle. Most of the new nations are very small nations. Same goes with many French colonies. The most successful nation that sprouted from the disaster are the Australians. Tales spring up around the world about a prosperous nation.
America loses many western states due to lack of communication. Las Vegas grows. California fragments into tiny states. The Mojave Republic is founded in Las Vegas.
- The U.S.A also makes new trade routes of the Rivers and relocate people disrupted by the river and give them five acres more then what they had. The U.S also opens trade and immigration to and from Canada. The USA also request the Mojave Republic to join the U.S.A
- The Western States of America isn't to be founded until 1906. The Mojave Republic is soon to be the WSA.
- Korea is becoming a survivor haven in Asia due to the good emperor. The population is closing in on 12 million. However, the recent flooding has stemmed the immigration flow by a little bit.
- England withdraws all its troops from the colonies that are independent. Charles Heath proposes a new health care program
- With the rising water levels, many more people are forced to evacuate south in southern Germany. By now about a quarter of the debris from the Rhine has been cleared, and ignoring rising sea levels, the German government continues to send more workers to help with the clean-up effort. Planning to have a third gone by the next year.
- Finland relocates its capital to Salo in the rocky southeast as much of the coast (and most of the Alands) goes down. The navy is re-stationed at Turku, where the elevation varies enough to survive all but the largest changes in sea level. Recovery continues.
- Australia defeats the last remnants of the British army as sea levels rise and wipe out much of the Loyalist bases on Tasmania and New Zealand. Sydney abandoned and much of the population relocates to the arid but still fertile interior of the continent. The capital is relocated to Alice Springs. The few cargo vessels not wiped out by the various disasters turn a tidy profit running foodstuffs to anarchic China and Pakistan.
- America loses more states. The Mojave Republic's population grows from refugees.
- England moves it's capitol to Manchester due to rising sea levels
- The Korean emperor begins to modernize their navy, by studying western ship blueprints. They build many ships for their navy.
- The U.S.A has request that Cuba join the U.S.A as a state. Cuba agrees and joins the U,S,A. The U.S.A also develop a airplane which flies at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina made by the Wright Brothers. The U.S.A funds a million dollars to help get a new trade over the U.S.A.
- Canada, ruined by the meteor relocates its capital Toronto and requests a merger with the U.S.A for support. Canada also is declaring the Mojave Republic as Hostile.
I've made a negotiation page called the Massive Impact Negotiation Page.
- An earthquake strikes Canada. Meanwhile, the Mojave Republic creates a militia to protect against raiders and wild animals. Las Vegas expands.
- With the population topping 13.5 million, the army is increased to 800,000 soldiers, and start training for the invasion of China.
- England has returned food production to pre-impact levels, and radiation has mostly died down.
- A clique of generals and nobles takes power in Mexico City, and forms a Regency council. The Third Mexican Empire is born. The nation is divided into duchies and the aristocrats are given a lot of power to restore food production to normal levels and ensure the rule of law. As well as this, major cities are placed under municipal Juntas and a central Cortes is convened. The Regency Council sets about finding a new Emperor. However, control outside of Junta municipalities is very loose, with Yucatan and the areas south of that under the control of warlords and the north, bordering the United States is full of republican revolutionaries. The Regency Council ignores this, concentrating on establishing their power where they are and ensuring the new regimes stability. Baja California becomes a haven for American refugees and the area is given autonomy.
- Germany's restoration program in the Rhineland continues and by now about two-thirds of the debris has been cleaned up, and rebuilding efforts begin in multiple cities.
- The extremely highly trained Korean army and Navy advance into China and Japan, going in hundreds of miles
- England expands their army
- Isn't Brazil doing relatively ok at the moment? Only Brasilia (or somewhere near it, can't tell exactly) was hit, and the majority of the population is concentrated in the high and arable southeast. Naval traffic anywhere is going to be stopped because of the rising flood waters destroying all the current port facilities on earth.
- Finland claims Finmark and Karelia for themselves, making use of the massive forests there to build smaller wooden gunboats for Baltic patrols and interdiction efforts (with the rising flood waters, large, steel-hulled ships are going to be expensive to build and even harder to float out due to the lack of usable slipways. Smaller 50' (or so) wooden vessels, on the other hand, are able to be constructed right on the shore with far less cost). The cavalry arm of the military is significantly expanded, and they begin surveying Sweden for possible reclamation.
- Australia begins to put in a series of concrete "slab docks", consisting of a concrete slab laid at a slight angle into the sea. It is able to dock vessels in changes of water levels of up to 50 meters, and several earmarks are put forth in the Australian Parliament to continue construction, extending the docks to withstand changes of up to 150 meters by late next year. Industrial capacity is expanded vastly this year as well (mainly with a focus on factories and expansion of road networks).
- With a majority of the mess on the Rhine cleaned up, Germany looks to expand, starting with an invasion of Austria, which had collapsed to revolutionary nationalist.
- The Italian people, angered towards the destruction of Rome and their king's slow reaction to the event revolt, declaring the New Roman Empire, albeit with the capital in Milan, and selects a new king, Laurencio I.
- I kept Rome relatively safe. Some parts might be swamped but it's no worse than Venice today.
- The Mexican Empire evacuates people from the coast in case of further sea level rise. A series of new juntas are created to build new ports to accommodate for further expansion. The Mexican Army is reformed, and the Regency Council is dissolved as they decide to introduce an elective monarchy, selected by a general election upon the Emperor's death. The first Emperor is Francisco Madero. Blockhouses and fortresses are built across the country, though a reduced workforce means it will take at least five years. Emperor Francisco begins investment in industry as well as agriculture.
- Bukhara, with more stability than ever before in the last six years, and with the largest army in Central Asia since 1875, begins an invasion of the Middle East. It first takes over the non-affected parts of Xinjiang, and a few portions of OTL Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Bukharans are determined to win a coastline on the new wasteland world.
- The Great Quake of 1906 strikes! The San Andreas fault, along with many other faults, go off. The area around the impact in China is very active. Many survivor states along the San Andreas Fault are destroyed. Meanwhile, a terrible outbreak of the flu occurs in Spain.
- The Mojave Republic expands to take many survivor states. By December, a boom town called San Francisco joins, becoming the second largest city in the nation besides Las Vegas. The cities expand. The Mojave Republic undergoes a revolution and renames themselves the Western States of America.
- Korea expands south, reaching OTL Hong Kong in 12 months. Japan is halfway conquered.
- England begins a massive reconstruction program in England.
- The Bukharans expand more and more, until they finally reach Indian coast. They realize that the British continue to have colonial ambitions over independent countries. To the highest level of hypocrisy possible, the Emir asks the English to cease their colonial intents on all of South America.
Isn't that an awful lot of land to conquer in one year?
- The U.S.A annaunces that Nevada and California is a lost cause and starts an embargo of the Western States of America. The U.S also starts a 1 year rebuilding project of the U.S Ports New York, Boston, Detroit, Toledo, Atlanta, Charleston, New Orleans, Miami, Tampa Bay, Huston, Seattle and Portland.
- The Spanish Flu begins to spread.
- The WSA amps up their military and economy.
- The United States finishes an airplane, the T-Bird equivalent to a 1920 plane but designed quicker due to government assistance, and open airports in New York, Boston, Washington D.C, Seattle, Omaha, and Miami. The plane can travel a thousand miles without stopping. The U.S also starts building a large military ship, the Independence that is 800 feet long and has guns of a fort. The U.S also put up a barricade on the border with the Western States of America and wishes to start trade with Mexico
- Korea begins researching an airplane.
- England builds a new port on their west coast.
- More parts leave the United States. Many become raider clans, while the Western States of America remains a peaceful nation. However, the border is destroyed when raiders attack. Meanwhile, France begins to lose their African territories.
- The WSA orders the demolition of the ruined wall. Meanwhile, they absorb more tribes. They offer trade to Mexico and the US. A constitution similar to the US Constitution is written. Las Vegas expands.
- The United States does not tolerate the secession acts and builds the a huge new Western Wall, a huge concrete fortification on the border of the Western States of America to prevent further secession and to protect the border. The wall is 20 feet high, has armed guards and has a 500 Meter long No Man's Land for shooting at escapes from the Westerners.
- How does the USA conduct a successful bombing campaign with only two years (at the most) of experience with powered flight? You have DC, New York, New Orleans, Chicago, and many other coastal cities underwater, yet your main concern is bombing those who were quite recently American citizens? Half your population is homeless, and yet you recover quite well from the various disasters affecting America and start waging war on some harmless little republic that has taken no action against you? I don't blame anybody for succeeding if you plan on treating your citizens like crap. You seem to need to get your priorities in order, because I'm seeing a big revolt on the horizon.
- All I know is that the USA can't expand. Remember to check your stability points, people!
- The U.S and Canada agree on a merger treaty in which Canada will join the U.S.A and be split into ten states and two territories. The merger will happen in 1910.
- Korea continues research on the airplane. They conquer the Chinese coast and they build a port.
- There is a riot in Manchester, organized by democratic groups. 7000 are killed.
- France begins working on improved farming techniques. They also start moving people away from the coast and relocating them inland.
- Mexico agrees to trade with both the WSA and the USA. Baja California, long a home to American refugees, is transferred to the WSA. Mexicans are becoming used to Imperial rule, and the requirement of each province to be able to feed its own population plus a surplus is keeping the population happy for now, and the lack of conflict with warlords has kept the Empire peaceful. Stability increases as does the economy, with the only blights on the horizon being a nationalist Yucatan Republic in the south and a Rio Grandese Union threatening the north.
- Germany now has most of the debris cleared from the Rhineland and continues to expand into Austria, receiving much help from the mostly German natives.
- Rome is reentered and found to be mostly intact, even the Roman Colesseum is mostly intact. And with the city now having most of the potential to become a major port, Laurencio I make sit the new capital.
- The Ottoman Empire has been moderately stable for a while, they finally begin to expand into through Greece and also begin conquering lower Ukraine. A new military program is put into place, which aims at increasing the size and power of the military.
- An Australian Navy schooner reaches a small jury-rigged port on the Californian coast, and offers an alliance between the WSA and Australia. Infrastructure is improved, with more roads and train tracks being built and laid, respectively. Several key transport conduits are given dual earthern concrete walls, stretching from some 20 feet to 40 ft high depending on it's geographical location and elevation. Factories are continuing to be built.
- Bukhara finishes conquering the Afghan territory. They also build a port in OTL Pakistan. The Bukharans also begin to modernize their army, beginning to build an airplane and to create more advanced weaponry. Finally, they offer an alliance to Australia.
- More states secede from the USA. Raiders from hostile tribes attack the border wall. It soon becomes abandoned.
- The WSA takes control of the wall peacefully. More communities join the WSA. They improve the interior and defense. Hostile raiders begin to attack the WSA. The wall becomes invaluable in keeping them out.
- Korea expands more into China
- England amps up their army and navy
- The French president Emile Loubet issues a proclamation saying the French will build "a great city that will be the first 'modern city' and will be a symbol of French power." The city will have a careful layout, strategically planned to have the most efficient production, fast transportation, and multiple rail lines going in and out of the city. Farms will be placed around it using the most efficient farming techniques available to ensure maximum productivity. The location of the city was not revealed. Because of the new city, the remaining French colonies start stepping up their production of raw materials, and shipping them to France. hundreds of factories are set up in France to process the goods. France has a enormous economic boom. French scientists begin working on an improved Maxim gun that can fire 1000 bullets per minute instead of the old 500-600 bullets per minute.
- The Mexican Imperial Government begins selling surpluses of food to other countries. They declare their neutrality in the Second American Civil War.
- It isn't a war. We've taken no hostile action against the USA.
- Czar Nicholas II, who managed to survive the meteor strikes and make his way to central Russia, proclaims to his people that the cataclysm was the act of a wrathful god. As evidence he shows that the main strike was against the non-Christian Chinese. He also says that God is angry at those who would take away the power of the divine Monarch, since many democracies have collapsed, and nations who were moving toward democracy. Part of what he says is untrue, but the Russian peasants don't know that. He asks that all Russians repent for their sins, and that they place total faith in him to resolve the crisis. The remnants of the Russian army are mobilized to restore order in Russia, ensuring rapid distribution of food, and restoring civil order. The parts of Russia in the far east that are separated from the mainland by water break from the Russian government to form the Siberian Commonwealth. The Czar isn't too concerned right now, as it's only Siberia.
- The United States declares all seceding states to join the U.S again by 1915 or war!!
- Expansion: Your nation's military is now recorded on a point system as well!
- An earthquake strikes Russia. More states leave the US.
- The WSA and a hostile tribe go to war. The WSA wins by December. The military is amped up. An airplane is flown for the first time in WSA. The longest flight as of yet, a whopping five minutes, is achieved.
- How is the WSA so powerful, it just seceded on a fault line!!!
- Actually, it started in Vegas.
- The U.S.A declares martial law and sends troops to every state to prevent secession.
- Sorry, no expansion with a low stability score.
- Korea finishes the airplane, and flies it for 189 seconds.
- England also does their first airplane flight for 233 seconds.
- France starts the building of New Paris, with most of the downtown area finished this year. To gain back the money France is spending on New Paris, trade between other nations and France increases vastly. The economic boom continues, with new factories making more products, more raw good coming in from the colonies, and more jobs created by the project. French scientists solve the jamming problem in the new French machine gun. Some of the scientists are diverted to inventing effective anti-aircraft guns. France expands its navy to protect its many new cargo ships.
- The Russians reaffirm their alliance that they had with France before the Cataclysm. Order is restored quickly after the earthquakes, with judicious deployment of military force. Political dissidents start disappearing in the night, as the government secures control. Parts of southern Russia break off, and the Czar's government vows that they will be brought back into the fold rapidly.
- The Australians continue to improve their infrastructure. The navy is considerably expanded. Troops move into South Island, absorbing it with little resistance from the Scottish Nationalist confederacy in control there.
- Finland expands its control into central Sweden and Norway. Docks and infrastructure continue to be expanded, while the remodeled Finnish army finishes rebouring the rifles from the numerous Swedish and Russian contingents that defected to them.
- A ship known as the Titanic is built. It is still being fitted with furniture in Britain.
- The WSA improves their military and tries retaining peaceful contact with the USA. They also begin exploring the area and the sea.
- The United States gets peaceful contact and tries to admit a treaty, keeping the WSA independence from the U.S.A. The U.S proposes that the W.S.A will receive California (including Baja from Mexico) and Nevada and the two nations will be allied and squash any rebellions in both countries and start a Trade Group called the North American Union. Henry Ford develops the Model T three years late and is a huge hit that Ford's Company becomes a billion dollar enterprise in days. Ford's brother, William goes into Ship Building and with help of Ford, builds the Olympic, an 800 foot long ship that could sail the Atlantic in a week, to be completed in 1914.
- Korea expands even more into China, but they find a huge jamming error in their rifles. They are being fixed and Korea will not expand until 1913.
- England amps up their military.
- Mexico sells surpluses of grain to the USA and the WSA. It uses the profits to invest in industry, build new population centres, and prepare for a re-annexation of all of former Mexico.
- France continues building New Paris, with the major commercial areas finished this year. The city is expected to be finished between 1916 and 1918. French scientists finish the prototype of the new machine gun, with mass production to start next year. The economic boom continues, as France is quickly becoming one of the most prosperous nations in the world. France annexes what remains of the Lowlands and their colonial empires.
- The Russian military, increased in size thanks to drafting of peasants, crushes the nascent rebellions in the south of the country. Order is starting to reassert itself in the Central of Russia, as the military oversees the major businesses, such as distribution of food. The removal of political dissidents has allowed the Czar to secure his control of the country once again.
- Bukhara makes its first airplane flight for 300 seconds. Also, a lot of Afghanistan and territory in main Central Asia is conquered. The first diplomatic attempts are made with the Russian Empire, the great threat at the Bukharan north.
- The Titanic is launched from Britain to the USA. The iceberg that was to strike it in OTL has since melted. It safely reaches the USA. Meanwhile, many craters begin to fill with water.
- Korea starts the Korean Games, designed to bring peace to the region.
- England amps up their military.
- Mexico's industry expands with government investment. New subdivisions are created called Nations, areas for the Native Americans to govern themselves within Mexico.
- The WSA amps up their military.
- The Russian military continues to bring order to the country with harsh crackdowns on criminals and traitors. They begin rebuilding the Trans-Siberian Railway.
- The Ottoman empire has since been regrowing as it begins its re-colonization of Bulgaria and Serbia. They have also declared a new navy project that focuses on rebuilding the naval power of the Ottoman navy. They also request from Russia that a railroad be created to connect the capitals, as a sign of goodwill and also to remove the former hate between the two.
- The building of New Paris continues, with a large amount of the housing areas done this year. The French President issues a bill to improve France's roads, railroads, and canals greatly, allowing greater speed in the transport of good. The French President enjoys unopposed popularity. The new French machine guns are mass produced, and France adds 5 divisions to its military
- Spanish Influenza reaches France.
- The WSA improves their interior and military.
- Spain amps up it's military, and accepts Russia's earlier non-aggression pact.
- Korea, finished with their repairs for their rifles, conquers more of China
- England, not yet affected by the Spanish Flu, begins quarantine measures.
- France issues quarantine on all regions affected by the flu, and sets its scientists to work on a cure for the disease. New Paris still continues to be built, though at a slower rate. France pleads for its ally, Russia, to try to find a cure for Spanish Influenza. France also asks all the major European nations to agree to an alliance to "guide Europe through these difficult times and emerge strong and ready to face the future".
- The United States finish building a huge Western Wall, stretching from the Arizona-New Mexico Border to the Oregon-Californian Border with an airfield every 50 miles, one troop per every ten feet with re-inforcements available, and a 1000 foot No Man's Zone. Anyone who attempts to cross the Wall will be shot from the Western Side
Can anyone change the map to show France's annexing of the Lowlands and their colonial empires?
Can someone change the map to show the United States annexing Canada?
- The Spanish Flu begins to spread to Germany.
- The WSA absorbs more seceded states.
- How does the WSA get to absorb states so quickly if they seceded, didn't even mention fixing California from the 1906 Quake, having half the country desert, and having no allies whatsoever. Why is your country eating the United States?
- First, nations are seceding from a dangerously unstable USA. The WSA is very stable, which prevents players from seceding from the WSA. Please check the Management Page. Remember: you can cause a secession only if the country you wish to secede from has a stability point less than 30. Also, the WSA was formed at the 1906 earthquake. Lastly, the floods have made much of the Mojave Desert and the Sahara Deserts etc. more fertile.
- France closes its borders to all persons recently in an area affected by the flu. Because of this, trade with other nations becomes minimal and the economy begins to suffer. New Paris continues to be built, expecting to be finished late next year. This will give the refugees from the coast a place to live and work. Transportation systems in France are improved greatly, and France largely beefs up their armed forces by adding divisions and deploying the latest technology
- The United States calls for Union Pacific to build a Rail Link to every state besides Cuba to keep the nation from falling apart. President Roosevelt (He won the presidency in the U.S due to his Greater American Plan) invokes the Greater American Plan. It called for a million volunteers to help rebuild the country materially, one million volunteers to work on the Western Wall, and a half-million to work on the UP Railroad Project. The Canadian States receives representatives in Congress. The United States, with Nicaragua citizens help start building the Nicaragua Canal which will take 8 years to build.
- Russia begins to ease off on martial law as order becomes commonplace in Central Russia. The building of the Trans-Siberian Railway is continued, and Russia also begins constructing their end of the railway with the Ottoman Empire, although the Russians have different plans for the railway than the Turks.
- Food and industrial production in Mexico increases and begins exporting to Caribbean and South American survivor groups. Mexico seeks an alliance with France. Francisco I dies and his successor, Francisco Villa is elected. Francisco II of Mexico ascends the throne and continues Francisco I's policies of reform.
- With a new president, Venezuela allies with France and Spain. It also starts helping USA. With the petroleum discovery in Venezuela, a lot of people get jobs and the economy stabilises. Although many people are suffering because of the water rising and thousands of people have died. They ask for help to the emerging powers to send help and support.
- Bukhara continues expanding when, with a newly amplified military, it attacks Afghanistan and eastern Persia, regions which had fallen into chaos. They also accept Russia's non-aggression pact.
- Korea begins to build a railway system to link all of the Empire.
- Charles Heath is made the Lord Protector of England, with supreme power over everything.
- The Ottoman Empire sets up a new military brigade which aims at counter-stroking any unexpected Russian attack, but this is not made public while also continuing the railroad. They also continue there invasion of the unstable Eastern Europe and have control over OTL Yugoslavia and Bulgaria, needing only a quarter pf the Ottoman army for the invasion, allowing the rest to help defend the mainland from attacks.
- An earthquake occurs in the Himalayas. Meanwhile, the oceans begin to recede. Currently, the oceans will be back to normal by 1920. Expansion: Territorial expansion costs five stability points or five economy points.
- The WSA works on improving the economy and stability of the country. They offer alliances to the New Roman Empire, England, France, Australia, and Germany. Meanwhile, they demand that the wall built by the USA in deep WSA territory be removed.
- The island of Sumatra and the Malay Peninsula are absorbed into Australia. expansion on their merchant marine and their infrastructure continues.
- Finland annexes Jutland and the now-reemerging islands of Zeeland, while continually improving their navy. They offer non-aggression pacts to Britain, France, and Germany.
- Emperor Francisco II consolidates his power. A number of banks are constructed to further increase revenue. The Mexican National Bank is founded to invest in industry and expand Mexican wealth. The Mexican Imperial Army is expanded and improved. The navy is also outfitted with new guns. Preparations are made to return to the old land borders for when the ocean recedes to pre-Impact levels.
- France accepts all offers of alliances, but proclaims loudly that it will not enter any wars that do not directly affect the country of France. French elections finally occur, with Emile Loubet staying as president with resounding popularity. The effects of the Spanish flu begin to wind down after running rampant over France. The city of New Paris is almost completed, planned to be complete next year. The French economy bounces back after sinking because of the flu. Determined to make France the most powerful nation on earth, Emile Loubet uses the large French army to invade Switzerland to get the army trained. Some soldier start mounting the new French machine guns on vehicles, with a resounding effect on the small Swiss defending armies.\
- The United States refuses to abandon the wall and also finish the Olympic, a ship to travel between Miami and Havana. The United States also offers alliances to France, The United Kingdom, all other European countries, Korea, Australia, and Mexico. The United States also invades WSA territory behind the Western Wall and build a huge military Base behind it. President Roosevelt also tours the Northeast States, Washington, Cuba. Florida, and Chicago to bring up country pride.
- The Olympic was launched in OTL before the Titanic. However, the Britannic was launched in OTL 1916. Also, the wall is deep inside WSA territory and they could easily take the wall.
- Yes, but this is a different ship called Olympic and I don't believe that they could take it because cities go for years without support during a siege and there are airfields for support so it could last for a decade.
- Yes, but you even built it while we were surrounding it. The wall's completion is an implausibility.
22.214.171.124 15:54, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Spain starts to build up it defences and attack fleet.
- Spain builds power plants and workshops to build tanks.
You need to sign up as a nation to say what it does. Also, start on the current year.
- Why does Bukhara lose Uzbekistan?
- The sea levels continue to fall back. However, they are faster than expected.
- Russia begins expanding westward, in a bid to retake land from the bandits who have seized rightful Russian land.
- The WSA repels the attacks and manages to take the wall easily and burns it down. The WSA launches an attack from the West. They also attack from Southern Texas. They also launch the Britannic and bombard US port cities (though the new port cities will dry up, leaving the US without overseas trade again.) They call on France and Russia and Mexico to help in the Second American civil war.
- How does the WSA have enough power to take down one of the greatest forts in the World with one million people guarding it
- Australia offers the WSA agricultural subsidies and lower tariffs on Western traders in return for much-needed lumber. The navy is continually improved and expanded, as is the infrastructure. Ceylon reemerges from the ocean, and Australia claims it for themselves.
- The Finns fortify their hold on Karelia and Estonia. The army is expanded, while they offer an alliance to Russia.
- England asks Korea and Venezuela if it can use their ports to set up colonies in Asia and South America. They say that they will give them monetary/military aid.
- Korea begins to improve their entire command system, rooting out corrupt officials and generals.
- The building of New Paris is finally done. More than ten million people move into it and it becomes a symbol of French power. France changes its former edict about foreign wars and invades many crucial cities on the eastern shores of America, making good progress this year. The French machine guns have a significantly higher fire rate than their American counterparts and do heavy damage to the Americans. French scientists start working on a "tank" that can decimate enemy infantry lines and penetrate trenches. The French president issues a statement that explains the economic boom that is occurring in France.
- The massive amount of materials needed for the project allowed French colonies to built new mines, expand logging companies, and build railroads to transport the goods.
- Hundreds of new factories were built to process and refine the massive influx of materials, allowing them to be later shifted to producing goods to sell.
- The creation of factories gave thousands of unemployed people work.
- Dozens of new French trading and cargo ships were built, allowing for much more trade between France and other nations
- The excess money later produced by selling all the new goods being made allowed France to spend much more money on military advancements and army expansion.
The United States finishes the UP Train Project early due the surplus of workers and reunites most of the country. The United States also works on a paratrooper to use in war. The United States also starts to build the American Highway. This Road has two lanes of traffic each way plus two railroad tracks in the middle. It stretches from New York to Chicago, to Minneapolis. The United States start building out on ports to have shipping ports after the water goes down. The United States also passes the Civil Rights Amendment early, all people having equal right. Look, you can't drop bombs or people from planes yet. And you don't have Seattle.
- The WSA continues to dig deeper into USA territory. They take over Vancouver and dig deeper into the mainland USA. The Britannic launched and it bombards major port cities. It engages the Olympic in battle in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. Both ships destroy each other.
- The Korean Empire expands in China, their goal to reach India in four years. They begin their Se-Jeong Railway, and every part of the Empire is connected except Japan.
- England expands their Egyptian colony, and start to repair the Suez Canal.
- France continues to push into USA territory, capturing southern Florida, the Chesapeake Bay, and areas just north and south of New York City. France lands another 300,000 soldiers in the USA. The French machine guns wreak havoc on unprepared American defences, allowing advances with minimal casualties. French scientists continue working on the ides of a "tank", adding tracks instead of wheels for cross-country travel. France calls on its allies to storm into the USA from the north and the south.
Nobody included France's annexing of the Lowlands or their invasion of Switzerland in the new map.
- Russia agrees to the alliance with Finland, and pushes west to attempt to make a common border.
- France continues to push into United States territory, capturing all of Florida, The New York City area, the Washington D.C. area, and all of Delaware. 200,000 more troops are landed, some on new beachheads in Massachusetts and North Carolina. The losses for French troops are moderate, even in major cities like New York or Washington D.C. Emile Loubet passes the Military Expansion act, expanding France's military two divisions a year for twenty years. French scientists finish making a prototype of a "tank". few hundred of these tanks are to be made next year and sent over to the US as part of the attack.
- Korea starts to research the "tank" They also send a force of 375,000 to aid the French in their attack on the US. The airplane is first used in conflict as a recon plane.
- England amps up their military.
- WSA continues to advance into US territory. They advance in all directions. The WSA, by the end of the year, have captured up to East Kansas. The southern states touching the Gulf of Mexico are under siege still. The WSA discusses with France how the US territory should be split when the war is over.
- The Ottoman Empire, seeing that the war in America is turning out for the best for the WSA, instead offers its navy's support to them and also ask if an alliance is in the works. They soon begin questioning people on which side would be best to help and the poll ends in a 70% support for the Western States and so war is declared on the U.S. They also begin to increase their naval and military strength and soon begin to create new artillery divisions. Mehmed VI takes the throne and accepts the reformation of the Ottoman Empire from an Anarchist nation to an Republic and so the Republic of Ottoman replaces the old empire with Mehmed being the first president (although it's a republic, the military actually has more power then the president himself, leaving the Militant Governor truly in charge of the nation.
- the Emirate of Bukhara starts to research the tank, amping up its military. It also starts up to build the Emir's Rail Line, a series of ways of transport connecting most cities and towns in the Emirate. The emirate also starts sending more explorations onto the Chinese crater, and also establish relationships with the WSA.
- Russia launches an invasion of Finland with a large portion of their military forces. The Czar declares that the Finns are rightfully Russian and will be returned to the Empire any means necessary. Finland isn't totally unprepared for the attack, but the superior numbers of the Russian armies mean that they are able to push the Finns back. Where is Finland on the map anyway? If we don't have a border yet, then I will retcon this.
- Finland is OTL Finland, Karelia (except for Ingria, since that was majority White Russian), and most of Norway, Sweden and all of Denmark. And the Kola Peninsula. And why did you ally and then attack us?
- False sense of security.
- France continues its assault on the United States. With Washington D.C., New York and Philadelphia in French hands, the American soldiers lose much of their will to fight. France captures southern Georgia and Alabama, western North Carolina, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, western New York, and most of Pennsylvania.
- The WSA push further into US territory. Cuba is captured too, and the WSA offers to share it with France.
- Finland pushes Russia back to their prewar borders. They state that they are in fact the successor state to both Norway, Sweden, and Denmark, making the attack an open declaration of war on a sovereign nation under the laws of war. Finland refortifies and calls on their ally Britain to come to their aid. They offer Russia a white peace.
- The Russians reject the white peace. They say that Finland was part of the Russian Empire, and will be once again. they marshal their forces, attack again, and through superior numbers, force the Finns to fall back. They say that this is a fight between rebels and and the legitimate government, so Britain should stay out.
- The United States makes all citizens fight, male or female, young or old and fight to the death. The United States use new airplane technology(Bombs and Guns on Planes) to fight back the invaders. Thankfully, the new tech works and the WSA is pushed back to the Mississippi River, France only holds onto Boston where a siege and a invasion. The United States builds unbeatable fortifications on the Mississippi and a Arctic Summer up North for three years stops the WSA advance.
- No fortifications are unbeatable, and haven't we had this discussion about aerial bombs and airplanes. Besides, somehow I don't think all your people are going to fight to the death. As for a three year Arctic summer, I am doubtful about that.
- France plays its master card. Hundreds of tanks are landed in the US, smashing through the thoroughly overextended French lines and swiftly advancing through the Northeast United States. France also lands anti-aircraft guns, disabling half of the US Air Force. French people in Canada, especially Quebec, rise up against the US, forcing them out of many parts of Canada. France promises black people in the south that if they rise up too they will get their own country. They do, pushing the U.S. out of much of the far south. The US economy is in ruins, and they are unable to produce enough equipment for much of their army. Another 300,000 troops are landed.
- I think AA guns at that time are artillery pointed upward.
- French AA guns are little more advanced than that. I've been working on them for over ten years.
- Korea conquers much of Alaska.
- England denounces the Russian attack and says any more attacks will result in military action.
- Mexico sees which way the war is going and offers support to France and the WSA in return for Texas and New Mexico. Francisco II moves the border northwards to the pre-impact Mexican-American border. The Army is expanded and industry increases as trade with Latin American warlords intensifies.
- The Finns again push the Russians back to prewar borders. They use Sissi troops and cavalry to wreck Imperial supply lines extending far into the wilds of Karelia. They again offer white peace.
- Korea pushes in even more in Canada.
- England declares war on Russia and lands troops in it's northern border
- The Russians reluctantly agree to White Peace with Finland as they reorganize their priorities. The Czar begins moving his troops to crush the Siberian separatist state, and successful attacks are made, due to the Siberians not having a lot of weapons. The only factor stopping them from making larger gains is the lack of adequate infrastructure. The Czar commences building better roads and railways to support his military operations there. He hopes the English will agree to a White Peace.
- Finland deeply encourages England to accept the treaty.
- The WSA denies the Mexican's request for Texas and New Mexico. The WSA, meanwhile, breaks through the US defenses in Canada and push them back. By now, the WSA northern borders are in the Arctic circle.
- French troops lead a massive assault on what remains of the US (the central and midwest areas) and capture the last areas of east of the Mississippi. Many US citizens are happy to be under new leadership. France has learned its lesson from a few years back and heavily fortifies the captured territory in case any remaining rebels try to attack.
- The Ottoman Empire prevent the U.S. from exporting or importing goods, starving the nation. they do allow the exception of some food and clothing but deny any other products. They also help support the French attack by sending parts of the Ottoman Navy to help support the troops and destroy any troublesome forts, encampments and etc, on the Mississippi. They propose an alliance with Russia against England and also begin regrouping 70% of the navy from America and the Mediterranean and begin to assemble there navy. Also the first submarine appears within the navy, but it is unfortunately still having mechanical problems, but Ottoman engineers announce that problems would disappear by 1922-1923, due to lack of adequate parts.
- The WSA continues to dig at the American territory in Canada.
- Korea digs deeper into Alaska and Canada.
- England agrees to white peace, and declares war against the US. They invade Quebec, hoping to regain parts of Canada
- France continues pushing into US held Canada. France continues to fortify the parts of the US that they hold. French President Emile Loubet offers to host a conference concerning the division of America in New Paris. French scientists create a new version of the tank, this time with a 65 mm gun instead of a machine gun.
- The Ottoman Empire manages to capture Espanola (OTL Dominican Republic and Haiti) and also land a small regiment onto Cuba. With England no longer a threat to its neighbors, the navy returns to the Gulf of Mexico to continue the war against the U.S. They also manage to create there own tank as well, but it continues to have malfunctions and Ottoman engineers once again announce that all problems should/would be fixed by at least 1923 and also announce that they have create something resembling WWI aircraft and although it can hardly take off, Ottoman scientists begin blueprint designs for a new, more efficient aircraft and manage to create an WWI era Zeppelin.
- Enduring twenty-one years under the German yoke when once apart of a mighty empire, Austria revolts against Germany. Armed mainly with guns stolen from German armories and from former Austrian military commanders, the Austrian rebels storm the city of Salzburg followed by thousands of Austrian people. Over a thousand Austrians died on the storming of Salzburg to German bullets, but they at last break through the barricade and swarm the German occupational forces. The German governor finally surrenders and is imprisoned. The rebels send a message to the German government demanding independence and the city of Vienna to be returned to them.
- French troops cross the Mississippi and after a short time meet up with WSA troops. France destroys the US defences in upper Michigan and Wisconsin, capturing both. France captures large amounts of Canada, almost wiping the US off the map. France builds many universities and schools in mainland France, working to educate a generation that has not been educated because of the Impact. France increases trade with southern European nations, especially the Ottoman Empire, which has helped defeat the US. France extends formal alliance offers to the Ottomans and the the Korean Empire.
- The Rump Brazilian government located in Boa Vista, guided by a dictatorship who makes all men from 16 to 70 to the army and because of this has the biggest and most powerful army in the region invades Venezuela, by the end of the year Caracas is taken, and the Brazilian government declares in Caracas that they are the new government of Venezuela and declares the kingdom of Venezuela.
All men 16-70? Really?
- Korea goes farther in into Canada, and now the US only has the North Eastern corner of Canada.
- Mexico advances into the Hinterland between it and WSA control. As well as this, Francisco II order the army to prepare for an invasion of Baja California and Yucatan.
- The WSA continue north, reaching the Arctic circle. They then fight to the East, working on taking the rest on Canada.
- The diplomatic relations from Spain to England seems to be getting bad and may end in war. Spain is building up military and tells the public. It simulates a lot of people to fight. More than 200,000 people enlist in the military. Some Spain spies intercepts a message but can't decode it. Alfonso the XII asks to ally with the French in order to keep peace with France. Spain spreads out and takes Portugal but loses most troops.
- The WSA continues to take territory to the East from the US.
- Korea pushes in more, and the US is almost now no more.
- England Pushes more into Quebec.
- Mexico requests help from the WSA in taking control of the Yucatan. They offer Baja California and a trading post in Central America. Francisco also stabilises local politics, and locks up criminals to ship them overseas as penal colonists.
- After virtually two years of complete chaos among the disorganized Austrian revolutionaries, public speaker and medical practitioner of the city of Salzburg Frederick Fedorca journeys to the stormed city of Vienna and makes a rousing speech of patriotism and unity, and to oppose chaos of any form which might befall their great nation. The supporters of Fedorca, calling themselves the "Fedorcans" soon bring the other more extreme revolutionary factions under control. Austria establishes a basic constitution to be expanded on at a later date, and announces its independence from Germany. Two parties are set up, the Fedorcan Party (for Fedorca's organized supporters) and the Salzburg Party (comprising mostly of the revolutionaries which overthrew the German occupation of Salzburg and comprising mostly of radicals). The Fedorcans win in a landslide victory and Frederick Fedorca is elected President of Austria, a semi-presidential republic. Fedorca's friend and politician Basil Vandenburg becomes the Vice-President and avid Fedorcan supporter Karl Geist as Prime Minister. However, Fedorca knows that Germany won't give up Austria without a fight, and warns the Austrians to prepare for battle if diplomacy fails.
- France pushes more into Canada and into Florida, with only small groups of soldiers opposing their advance. France asks Mexico to access to Panama to build "a great canal that will link the Pacific and Atlantic oceans, allowing greater sea trade between many nations". France offers to pay Mexico large sums of money for access to the land. France also asks Korea for access to some of their key ports, explaining that France wants to rebuild its French Indochina colony that was wiped out during the Impact. French President Emile Loubet tours mainland France, making speeches on behalf of the Austrians and stirring up support within France for the Austrians fighting for independence. France demands that Germany give the Austrians independence or they will have to face the formidable French army. French citizens begin to see Germany as a power-hungry country that suppresses the wishes of its people.
- After spending years of building up the road and rail network of Far Eastern Russia, the czar launches his attack on the Siberian Separatist state. The nation collapses, and the leaders are executed as an example to any who would rebel against the Russian Empire.
- Alfonso the XII decides that Spain should not go to war with Great Britain in order to support the Austrians. The people of Spain are not taking this well. people are starting to bomb buildings. Sadly the king was murdered and the people sob. The new king will take the crown next year.
What does this mean? I can't understand it.
- France will accept Spain's offer of an alliance on one condition. Spain seeks peace with Great Britain. France continues to support the Austrians in their fight for independence, continuing to advise Germany to let the Austrians be independent. French President Emile Loubet issues the American Reconstruction Act, an act that will rebuild French held North America by creating cities, increasing trade, and moving people into it. With an election for president taking place next year, the liberals continue to run Emile Loubet for president, while radicals support Gaston Domerque, saying he will lead the French people to become the most powerful nation in the world. The conservative party doesn't even run in the election, with only 5% of people conservatives in France any more. The stunning development is the amount of people saying they will vote for the Marxist party. Emile Loubet declares that Marxism is a threat to the people of France and starts to put it down. Many French citizens who said they would vote for the Marxist party leave France and flee to Spain, Germany, and Italy.
- Francisco II says he will give the French a trading post on the Mexican coast in return for help in conquering the remaining area of Central America still attached to Mexico. The cties are expanded. Industry grows and the military is remodeled along French lines. Requests the WSA recognise Mexico's control of the New Mexican hinterland and the Central American wasteland. Proposes that England help in Central American conquest in return for a trading post.
- With the Siberian rebels cruised, the Czar begins moving troops westwards, for other purposes. They reclaim land southward, and begin expanding in the Ukraine, and expand toward the Emirate of Bukhara, in order to make their trade routes less susceptible to raiders.
- The WSA takes control of the formerly flooded area, thus recreating the former borders of Texas. They refuse to give up territory to Mexico. Meanwhile, the WSA digs deeper into US territory, finally touching the Hudson Bay.
- Lynch mobs begin roaming the Austrian countryside and city streets, searching for Germans and defectors. With internal as well as external security in mind, Fedorca forms the Austrian National Guard. Led by former Austrian military commanders and armed by French sympathizers, the National Guard begins recruiting excessively from the Austrian population. By the end of the year the first regiment will be trained and begin patrolling the streets of Austria in order to stabilize the volatile population. Fedorcans hoist the revolutionary colours of red and white on a flag outside the Austrian Parliament building.
- Korea conquers what remains of the US.
- England get the rest of US Quebec.
- The WSA settles down for a while. It undergoes a cultural revolution similar to the Harlem Renaissance in Denver, Colorado. Meanwhile, Hawaii becomes a WSA territory (but not a state).
- The Mexico agrees to the WSA border, and moves to take control of Baja California. Emperor Francisco II is taken ill, and appoints a successor. The successful general Victoriano Huerta. The Imperial Cortes votes their confidence and hes assumes the title of Regent Imperial.
- The French Expeditionary Army lands on southern Central America, capturing many parts of it and gaining their trading post. France claims the group of islands in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, making another trading post there. France asks the WSA for a few islands in Hawaii to build an air base and a trading post on. Marxist revolutionaries cause increased violence in France, and France trains more soldiers to put down the uprising. Meanwhile, French scientists create the AUS3X-I, also known as the "Liberator". It has a 37mm canon, a 453hp-SUM54 engine, is capable of traveling 35 mph, 16-21 mm thick armor, and a 2.98 co-axial machine-gun. It is by far the best tank in the world and it works very well in all conditions.
- Spain elects a new king and get the government becomes stable but still Spain has some rebels. Scientised make a new transport for troops. It holds 25 soldiers and has thick armor.
- The Korean Emperor, now 67, dies of cancer. His son, Kim Sum Chung is even better than his father, and the people love him
- England expands and conquers the new Floridan Peninsula and the Yucatan Peninsula
- After several years of preparation, Finland lands troops in the Baltic States and at Danzig. By years end, Estonia is under control of the Finns, and the other nations (mainly dominated by small duchies and warlords) are expected to fall within the next two years.
- Russia expands more in the Ukraine and star moving into the Balkans. Outwardly, they mourn the fall of the US, but secretly they are delighted.
- The meteor impact had kicked up tons of dirt and debris. By now, China is a desert. However, the desert is showing signs of spreading.
- France captures the rest of Central America and gives it to Mexico in return for an important trading post. France builds another one on Hawaii, and restarts their French Indochina colony, planning to make it a massive colony. France expands to its borders and also expands its southernmost African colony into OTL Central African Republic. France continues to fight the Marxists trying to form an independent country. The new French tank is mass produced and plans for a second, more advanced one to be made in 1928. France sends diplomats to Spain to request to build a railroad network in between the two countries to increase trade.
- Emperor Victoriano I consolidates control over Central America. New provinces are created, and the Viceroyalty of Guatemala is organised to control the conquered areas. Mexico requests an alliance with England, France and the WSA.
- Korea begins to industrialize their country, by getting more people to work in factories and move to cities than farm. The Population of the Empire is now well over 15 million.
- England expands into Indonesia.
- The WSA claims a small territory in Panama. Since the vast sea that once covered the area has since dried up, the WSA still needs an open waterway to trade with eastern countries. Meanwhile, the interior is improved.
- Korea suggests an alliance between England, WSA, France, Korea, and Finland, where war against one of their countries will result in war with all of them. Korea improves their interior.
- England accepts Mexico's alliance, and they improve their railways.
- France accepts the offer of alliances from Mexico and Korea. France, now with the trading posts it needs, greatly increases trade with Korea, both in the overland route to Alaska, and the water route to the Korean mainland. France continues to expand in South-East Asia, expanding its colony to include OTL southern Vietnam and eastern Cambodia. A large flow of goods starts to come in from the new colony, making it well worth the cost. Marxist rebels leave northern and western France, moving to the South-East area. It is estimated that 35% of that area is Marxist. France begins to use its new powerful tank to put down the rebellion.
- A large number of Marxist sympathizers and rebels flee to the freshly seceded Federal Republic of Austria. Germany's inaction to respond to Austrian communications forced President Fedorca's hand, and Austria's independence from Germany is declared on February 2nd, 1927. The National Guard, led by Frederick Fedorca himself, has swept through the Austrian countryside, becoming an impromptu police force for large portions of the country. Under a strict and rigorous sweeping of the streets, Austria is slowly crouching away from the disorganized chaos and embracing a new, more central rule. The Federal Austrian Self-Defense Force (FASD) is also formed, to act as Austria's standing army to protect against any and all foreign threats. With FASD dealing with foreign threats and with the National Guard dealing with domestic, Austria is slowly beginning to grow to stability.
- The WSA begins to construct the Panama Canal. Meanwhile, the WSA offers troops and support to France against the Marxists.
- Russia improves their internal infrastructure. The Czar passes an act to try to improve internal industry to the levels of the other powers. He is determined to make Russia a force to be reckoned with. Russia expands and makes a common border with the Emirate of Bukhara.
- You do realize that the canal was being dug by dynamite? If anything, you delayed work for a while. Also, the US had no ties to Argentina and the area. A dead nation is a dead nation. Finally, the WSA has a fine interior and revolts are unlikely. Your post will be deleted in half an hour.
- I'm back from vacation. Azecreth 16:55, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Welcome back! CrimsonAssassin 20:06, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
- The WSA continues to build the canal. The canal should be done by 1930, but the docks will take another five years. Meanwhile, the Grand Canyon and Hawaii experience a boom in tourism. Several hotels are planned, with varying degrees of luxury. Cruise ships become highly popular. White Star Lines, Cunard Lines, and several other companies compete and prepare an American capital in Los Angeles. The Western Age of Comfort begins, marking a good highlight to the end of the otherwise Turbulent Twenties.
- Finland accepts the alliance. They finish the conquest of the Baltic States, and plan to spend the next few years consolidating their position and expanding trade contacts.
- Australia fortifies their hold on Southeast Asia, and expand into Burma.
- Korea expands into Indonesia.
- England expands their Indonesian colony.
- The WSA continues to build the canal. The RMS Titanic is sold to the WSA and becomes floating hotel off the coast of San Francisco. The Age of Comfort continues to change the WSA. The WSA begins to work on better airplanes and Zeppelins.
- New railways are built across Mexico, expanding industry and agriculture. However, Emperor Victoriano's taste for conquest has been not been whetted and he turns his eyes to the Caribbean, preparing to unleash a wave of righteous conquest on the ill-prepared islands.
- The Czar makes a pilgrimage to Constantinople, to demonstrate his countries continued loyalty to the Patriarch and Christianity. The military is expanded, in order to protect Russia from the belt of alliances that it being formed around it. They expand toward the Crimean.
- South Africa declares independence from the British empire. In order to make a more cohesive society, they abolish Apartheid. However, many whites are not happy with it. The capital is set up in Pretoria, and the country's government is formed as a Republic.
- France finally eliminates the Marxist rebellions after many years. France sends massive amounts of workers to work on the canal, in return for trading rights in using it. France expands its Indochina colony to include all of OTL Vietnam and Cambodia. France also lands colonists in Indonesia and the Philippines, starting small colonies there. France begins large amounts of trading, with a massive French trade route from France, to southern French Florida, to the French trade route in Mexico and the Canal, to the French islands on Hawaii, to French islands in the Pacific, to French colonies in the South-East China and Oceana territories. To Generate more money, France offers to sell its southern-most African territory (OTL CAR and Sudan) to the highest bidder.
- Korea expands to India.
- England expands in Indonesia.