This is the official page for the Map Contest. The corresponding blog post can be found here.
See: Rules (Map Contest)
Since I have gotten no rebuttals to my adoption, I have received permission from LG to adopt the Map Contest. Yay! ~ Upvoteanthology
April 6th, 2015: The Map Contest will be starting again under new management.
April 9th, 2015: Due to Cour's return to Chat, I have been alerted that he's not gone for good. However, he has given me permission to run the map contest, since he doesn't have the time to.
April 20th, 2015: The next contest will be the Election Map contest, and you may begin preparing maps now if you please. However, the entry section will not go up until next Monday.
April 20th, 2015: Voting has been opened for "One Big Wank".
April 28th, 2015: The Modern Election contest has been opened.
May 11th, 2015: Voting has been opened for "Modern Election". It is at the bottom of the page.
May 11th, 2015: My Favorite Pastime contest has been opened.
May 29th, 2015: The Stuck in Traffic contest has been opened.
- King of the Hill Archive
- The House of Habsburg Archive
- An Unlikely Union Archive
- Our Southern Neighbor Archive
- Principia Moderni II Crossover Archive
- Ancient Empires Archive
- We Shall Do This For Mother Russia! Archive
- Pink Stars Are Falling In Lines Archive
- Pax Americana Archive
- Day of Infamy Archive
- Nova Roma Archive
- The End of the World As We Know It Archive
- By Odin's Beard Archive
- Quetzalcoatl Archive
- Across the Pond Archive
- Terra Nova Archive
- Russian Summer Archive
- Exile or Death Archive
- Jigsaw Archive
- The Wall Archive
- The Little Guy Archive
- The Imperial West Archive
- One Big Wank Archive
- Modern Election Archive
- My Favorite Pastime Archive
- Stuck in Traffic Archive
- Map Contest of Thrones Archive
- Some intetesting Maps
If you are going to make a map for the current contest, please write your name in the area below. It will be reset every contest in order to see who is participating. Note: This is not mandatory, but it is encouraged.
That is right. You thought this was dead did you? Well, you were right, but now you're wrong. I bring to you, contest number 33.
Map Contest 33 (Open): Königgrätz
PoD: Austrian victory at Königgrätz. Challenge: Create a map where it is Austria, not Prussia that wins the crucial battle of Köngingratz. Time for you, the map creator, to go and hit those Wikipedia articles. Be creative, be plausible. Hope to see some life in this and hopefully some old users too.
Time frame: June 2 - June 16 (Two weeks)
- Voting starts June 17 0:00 UTC
- War Map: Create a scenario for a war between two or more countries and include maps of territory changes, specific battles, major offensives, battle locations, etc.
- Vatonica (talk) 02:09, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
- -Daxus Inferno
- Fallacyman (talk)
- Through Stars We Rise. (Welcome to the Universe). 20:45, June 8, 2017 (UTC) (Two years later, and I am only voting for this proposal because I want to have Brick and I make maps for World War III in 1973: Al-Qaiyama on AH.com.)
- Long Lost Brothers: Select a minor power nation, select TWO PODs; one from the Antiquity and another from the past one hundred years, wank that country to its greatest extent. -
- Change of Coast: This scenario features all Old World Nations from Afro-Eurasia (such as China) flipped to the New World (the Americas and Australia), and vice versa (ie Aztecs in OTL Spain and Portugal); and from there, write out a timeline of how the world would look like. -Seiga 2015 July 06, 04:39 (CET)
- From Small to Big: Make a map where a small nation rapidly expands and controls an enormous amount of territory.