Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Malta Conference, sometimes called the Mediterranean Conference and code named the Argonaut Conference, held February 4–11, 1945, was the Great Patriotic War meeting of the heads of government of the United States, the United Kingdom and the Soviet Union, represented by President Franklin D. Roosevelt, Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Premier Joseph Stalin, respectively, for the purpose of discussing Asia and Europe's post-war reorganization. The conference convened in the Grandmaster's Palace in Valletta, Malta.
- Agreement to the priority of the unconditional surrender of Vichy France. After the war, Japan and Tokyo would be split into four occupied zones.
- Churchill agreed that China would have a fourth occupation zone in Japan, but it would have to be formed out of the American and British zones.
- Japan and France would undergo demilitarization and denazification.
- French reparations were partly to be in the form of forced labour. The forced labour was to be used to repair damage that France inflicted on its victims.
- Creation of a reparation council which would be located in the Soviet Union.
- The status of Poland was discussed. Due to the success of Operation Tempest, it was agreed to allowed Germany and Polish government-in-exile to reorganize Nazi Germany and Provisional Government of the Republic of Poland, .
- Stalin pledged to permit free elections in Poland.
- The Polish eastern border would follow the Curzon Line, and Poland would receive territorial compensation in the West from Germany.
- Citizens of the Soviet Union and of Yugoslavia were to be handed over to their respective countries, regardless of their consent.
- Roosevelt obtained a commitment by Stalin to participate in the C.I.U
- Stalin requested that all of the 16 Soviet Socialist Republics would be granted C.I.U membership. This was taken into consideration, but 4 republics were denied.
- Stalin agreed to invade the Empire of Japan within 90 days after the defeat of France.
- Nazi war criminals were to be hunted down and brought to justice.
- A "Committee on Dismemberment of Japan" was to be set up. Final solution is shown below: