Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| The following page is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.
Map of the member states of the commonwealth; Full members in dark green, association members in light green.
|Headquarters||Sao Sebastião, Brazil|
|-||Head||Emperor of Brazil|
|-||Statue of Vitória||1954|
The Lusofonia Comunidade (English: Lusosphere Commonwealth) is an intergovernmental organization and joint defensive alliance of Brazil and much of its former colonial empire, encompassing the vast majority of the Portuguese speaking population of the globe. Founded in 1957, the commonwealth was instrumental in the independence or self governance of many African nations, and continued to be an important union of states following decolonization.
Article I: General Terms
- Vieira declaration (1946) - The Empire of Brazil and all its dominions agree they are equal in status, in no way subordinate one to another in any aspect of their domestic or external affairs, though united by common allegiance to the Crown, and freely associated as members of the Brazilian Commonwealth of Nations.
- Statue of Vitória (1954) - Formally recognizes the dominion (full member) status of the Empire of Brazil, the Kingdom of Guiana, São Tomé and Príncipe, the Transvaal Union, and the Pacific Union.
Article II: Political Structure
- As per the Vieira Declaration, the Emperor of Brazil shall be recognized as the Head of the Commonwealth, a title that is by law to be a part of the Emperor's royal titles in each of the Commonwealth realms. Likewise the Emperor of Brazil shall be recognized as the head of state in each commonwealth realm.
- Upon the death of the monarch member nations will symbolically approve the ascension of the Brazilian Emperor to the position of head of the commonwealth, representing the free association of the independent members.
- A biennial meeting of the commonwealth heads of governments shall be held, led by the Emperor of Brazil and the various prime ministers and presidents of the organization, as the primary decision-making forum of the organization, known as the Imperial Conference.
- Regular meetings of finance ministers, law ministers, health ministers, etc shall also be held as needed.
- The head of government hosting the Imperial Conference shall be known as the Commonwealth Chairperson-in-Office and shall retain the position until the following Imperial Conference.
- The Commonwealth Secretariat shall be established as the main intergovernmental agency of the Commonwealth, facilitating consultation and cooperation among member governments and countries, and is responsible to member governments collectively.
- The Lusofonia Comunidade shall be represented in the United Nations General Assembly by the secretariat as an observer. The secretariat shall organize Commonwealth summits, meetings of ministers, consultative meetings and technical discussions; shall assist policy development and provide policy advice, and facilitate multilateral communication among the member governments. The Secretary-General shall also provides technical assistance to help governments in the social and economic development of their countries and in support of the Commonwealth's fundamental political values.
Article III: Membership
- The nations of the Transvaal and its associated states (Porto Natal, Suazilândia, Solumbuso, Bechuanalândia, Walvis Bay) shall be recognized as independent states in economic and political union as of 1956. The Transvaal Union shall collectively be granted dominion status.
- The Pacific Union, in accordance with he Treaty of Porto Vila (1897), shall be recognized as a union of independent states, collectively granted dominion status.
- All full members of the commonwealth shall be granted self rule as early as 1956, at which point an independent parliamentary government shall ratify this charter.
- The Empire of Brazil's colonial empire in the continent of Africa shall be granted independence as association members of the commonwealth beginning in 1958, and full independence shall be completed by 1968.
- The association members of the commonwealth in Africa shall be organized into either the África Equatorial or Este de África designations.
- All remaining territories of the Empire of Brazil shall be represented in the commonwealth by appointed representatives, and shall be treated as non-independent dependencies.
Article IV: Military Commitments
- All nations of the commonwealth pledge to aid each other in a defensive war, or in any joint conflict deemed important to the defense or prosperity of any member nation.
- All full members and association members are to designate two percent of GDP to defense spending.
- Members of the commonwealth agree to house or operate weapons of mass destruction as stationed by the Empire of Brazil.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . .
|1963||São Tomé and Príncipe||São Tomé|
|1967||Porto Natal||Porto Natal|
|1969||Cabo Verde||Porto Vila|
|1983||São Tomé and Príncipe||Santa Isabel|
|1985||São Leopoldo||São Leopoldo|
|1999||Porto Natal||Porto Centauro|