|| Combatant 1
|| Combatant 2
|Italian War of 1551–59|
- Peace of Cateau-Cambrésis
- Spain is confirmed as the dominant power in Italy
- France renounces its claim in Italy but wins the Three Bishopric: Metz, Toul, and Verdun in Lorraine.
|First French War of Religion|
- Edict of Amboise
- Huguenots guaranteed religious privileges and freedoms in France.
|Second French War of Religion|
(also known as Elizabethan War)
Catholic League of France
- Peace of Rouen
- The Union of Spain and England is confirmed as a dominant power in Western Europe.
- Protestantism and the Reformation is Western Europe is greatly weakened
- End of the Valois Dynasty, and the rise of the Guise Dynasty in France.