Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| The following page is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.
A list of Popes for the Caesar of Rome timeline.
Papal name - Birth name (birth; started reign - ended reign/death)
First Avignon Papacy (1309 - 1377)
- Pope Clement V (b.1264; 1305 - 1314)
- Pope John XXII (b.1244; 1316 - 1334)
- Pope Benedict XII (b.1280; 1334 - 1342)
- Pope Clement VI (b.1291; 1342 - 1352)
- Pope Innocent VI (b.1295; 1352 - 1362)
- Pope Urban V (b.1310; 1362 - 1370)
- Pope Gregory XI (b.1329; 1370 - 1376)
- vacant until 1486
Second Avignon Papacy (1486 - 1549)
- Pope Innocent VIII - Giovanni Battista Cybo (b.1432; 1486 - 1492)
- Pope Francis I - Pierre d'Aubusson (b.1423; 1492 - 1503)
- Pope Lucius IV - Georges d'Amboise (b.1460; 1503 - 1510)
- Pope Lucas I - Amanieu d'Albret (b.1478; 1510 - 1520)
- Pope Mark II - Antoine Duprat (b.1463; 1520 - 1535)
- Pope Pierre I - François Guillaume (b.1480; 1535 - 1541)
- Pope Adrian VI - David Beaton (b.1494; 1541 - 1549)
Patriarch of the Gallican Church (1549 - Present)
- Pope Stephen X - François de Tournon (b.1489; 1549 - 1562)
- Pope Felix V - Charles de Bourbon (b.1523; 1562 - 1590)
First and Second Roman Papacies (33-1304, 1377-1486)
- For a list of Roman Popes before 1486, see Wikipedia:List of popes
Patriarch of Rome (1486 - 1502)
The Patriarch of Rome was established by the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire after the Fall of Rome in 1486. The Patriarch was considered the spiritual leader of Catholics in Napoli and the de facto Pope for all Catholics in Europe, though many instead recognized the Pope in Avignon before the liberation of Rome.
- Pope Theodore III - Carlo de' Medici (b.1428; 1486 - 1492)
- Pope Lorenzo I - Lorenzo di Pierfrancesco de' Medici (b.1463; 1492 - 1502)
- Vacant until 1514
Third Roman Papacy (1514 - present)
- Pope Fabian II - Francisco de Remolins (b.1462; 1514 - 1518)
- Pope Constantine II - Pietro Accolti (b.1455; 1518 - 1532)
- Pope Damasus III - Alessandro Farnese (b.1468; 1532 - 1547)
- Pope Marcellus II - Marcello Cervini degli Spannochi (b.1501; 1547 - 1555)