Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| King of Guanabara|
Rei da Guanabara
Royal Standard of the King
since 20 April 1998
|Style:||His Majesty (name), by the grace of God and the will of the nation, King of Guanabara and defender of the constitution|
|Heir apparent:||Marco Vittorio Francesco Emmanuele Polo|
|First monarch:||Marco I|
|Formation:||24 March 1823|
|Residence:||Royal Palace, Guanabara City|
Powers and duties
- Appoint and dismiss the Premier;
- Choosing the judges of the Supreme Court of Justice;
- Dissolve the Chamber of Deputies and call for new elections;
- Dissolve the full Parliament, and call for new elections;
Most of these powers aren't used at the iniciative of the King, rather, it is used at the advise of the Prime Minister and/or the Parliament.
When Guanabara was under a republican regime, the head of state was called president. Despite having the same powers than the King, some differences happened, like how do they reach office.
- Presidential elections took place every 4 years, with popular vote electing;
- If a president died in office or resigned, the Prime Minister assumed until a new one was elected, there isn't a vice president or a earlier presidential election;
- Only citizens of age higher than 45 could run for office, and they need to apply at the Election Office, under the control of the Prime Minister.