Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Cyrilic script is used in the Russian Orthodox world (both east and west), and worldwide represent languages that did not have a script before the 20th century.
- Latin script, or Mandarin Romanization, is used mostly in the Catholic world.
- Han-i and related scripts are used in all the area of influence of the Chinese, including Japan and Korea.
- Arabic is the official script of Islam. However in Indonesia, Arabic is only used to write Arabian, and many non-semitic languages have alternate writings in other scripts. For example, Urdu is usually written in Devangari, and Turkish is usually written in Cyrillic.
- Devangari is used in India for most languages spoken there.
In countries like Pakistan it is common to see together Cyrillic, Han-i ideograms, Arabic and Devangari, all of them to write Urdu.
| The following page is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.