After the end of World War Two, the Chinese Civil War resumed between the Republic of China and the People's Republic of China. The Republic of Korea, which gained independence from the Empire of Japan through revolt, wanted peace to prevent a border spillover into their nation. The government offered to host peace talks in Kaesong, Hwanghae Province.
The meeting was held on August 1st, 1948, with a planned end date of December 31st, 1948, and a hopeful implementation by the middle of 1949. The Republic of China and the People's Republic of China were the two opponents who were meeting, the Republic of Korea was hosting the dialogue, and the USA & the UK were observers who aided in the negotiations.
- Republic of China
- People's Republic of China
- Republic of Korea
- United States
- Federation of the Americas
- The United Kingdom
- All hostilities between the Republic of China and the Peoples Republic of China cease for 20 years.
- Provinces in Brown on the map below will be governed and administered by the KMT. Provinces in Green will be placed under the Jurisdiction of the CPC.
- A demilitarized zone, marked by the red line on the map below, will be created.
- Prisoners of war on both sides will be returned to their respective military.
- Chiang Kai-Shek, President of the Republic of Chin, Chairman of the Kuomintang, and Chairman of the National Military Council- Toby2: THEY CALL ME Mr. Awesome!!!
- Mao Zedong, Chairman of the Communist Party of China - Through Stars We Rise. (Welcome to the Universe). 17:15, October 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Kim Koo (or current president, Daes be free to change it) President of the Republic of Korea - Daeseunglim (talk)