Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
James XII of Scot's (b. November 25, 1947), known as Seumas XII in Gaelic, full name James Alexander Charles William Stuart-Lennox is the King of Scotland, having held that position since the death of his father, (James XI), on March 14, 1989. He was crowned king at Scone in July of that year.
James married Sophia, Duchess of Hanover on April 7, 1969. The couple had a strained relationship. Sophia died of cancer in 1986. James and Sophia had three children - Prince William (b. 1972), the current heir to the throne and Duke of Rothesay & Lord of the Isles, Princess Charlotte (b. 1976) and Prince Alexander (b. 1979).
His Grace James XII, by the Grace of God, King of Scots, Defender of the Faith
- Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle
- Sovereign of the Most Illustrious Order of Saint Columba
- Sovereign of the Most Illustrious Order of Saint Patrick
- Sovereign of the Most Distinguished Order of Saint Margaret and Saint David
- England - Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter
- Denmark - Knight of the Order of the Elephant
- Greece - Grand Cross of the Order of St Olga and St Sophia
- Sweden - Knight of the Royal Order of the Seraphim
- Vatican - Knight of the Papal Order of the Golden Militia
- Italy - Knight of the Grand Cross with Collar of the Order of Merit of the Republic
- Portugal - Grand Collar of the Order of Saint James of the Sword
- Spain - Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece
James is known as a distant and somewhat shy monarch, though he is held in high regard by the general populace; he rarely makes speeches or appears on television, and never gives interviews. He takes almost no official role in government, nevertheless the King undertakes weekly meetings with the Taoseich Alex Salmond and is involved with a range of charitable and voluntary organisations:
- Armed Forces - Colonel-in-Chief
- Royal Archers - Patron
- University of Glasgow - Rector
- Royal Shipping Craft - Patron
- Company of Merchants of the City of Edinburgh - Patron
- Trades Guild of Glasgow - Patron
- Merchants Guild Aberdeen - Patron
- Faculty of Advocates Edinburg / Glasgow - Sovereign
- The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews - Patron
- Military Legion - Patron
- The Royal Colleges of Physicians (Edinburgh / Glasgow / Dundee) - Patron
- The Society of Antiquaries - Patron
- Royal National Orchestra - Patron