Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When Iraq and Jordan united in 1991 the two were radicaly different with their government styles. The monarchy in Jordan and the Republic in Iraq though succesfuly united.
The government works in a simple way. [Note: All of the laws passed must coencide with the Constitution.]
The Iraqi-Jordanian Senate is elected by the people. There is one senator for every Province. The Senate's powers are to:
- Pass legislation involving the treasury, or national security
- Launch investigations into the government.
- Undo Royal Proclamations and Executive Orders with a 3/4 vote.
- Impeach a President and remove him from power with a 3/4 vote.
- Act as a jury in cases of treason or piracy on the high seas.
- Create and establish Provinces and Territories.
The Monarch is the Head of State. The powers of the Monarchy include the ability to:
- Issue a Royal Proclamation.
- Dissolve the Senate in times of great crisis.'
- Veto a Senate bill.^
- Appoint Governor-Generals to Provinces.
- Mint currency.
- Award honors.
'A new Senate must be established in 90 days and the Monarch can not excercise this right for 180 days after the Senate's re-establishment
^Has absolute veto.
The President is the Commander-in-Chief of the Military. The powers of the President include:
- Raise and establish a military.
- Organize a military.
- Command the military.
- Issue Executive Orders.
- Veto a Senate bill^.
- Act as the judge in cases of treason and piracy on the high seas.
- Can pardon someone except in cases of impeachment.
- Promote members of the military.
- Award honors to members of the military.
^Has absolute veto.
Governments of the Provinces have the ability to:
- Establish laws involving the treasury of the Province.
- Regulate the education in the Province^.
- Build and repair roads and public service projects.
- Establish Provincial boards and departments.
- Award medals to citizens of the Province^.
^Can only be done by Governor-Generals
[Note: The only governor is the Governor-General]