|This Great Nuclear War page is a Proposal (Great Nuclear War) and has not been canonized and is therefore not yet a part of the Great Nuclear War Timeline. You are welcome to correct errors and/or comment at the Talk Page. If you add this label to an article, please do not forget to make mention of it on the main Discussion page for the Timeline.|
|(IN) : International League of Nations
(RU) : Международная Лига Наций
(FR) : Ligue Internationale des Nations
(PO) : Liga Internacional das Nações
(ES) : Liga Internacional de las Naciones
(AR) : الرابطة الدولية للأمم
(ZR) : 國國際聯盟Timeline: Great Nuclear War
|Administrative center||Chaguaramas, West Indies Federation|
The International League of Nations (ILoN, ILN), often shortened to the International League (IL) is an intergovernmental organisation formed in 2002 to replace the former United Nations, which was destroyed in the Great Nuclear War, which itself was formed to replace the original League of Nations which failed to prevent the Second World War. Founded with the main purposes to promote worldwide security and peace, while spreading the ideals of democracy and freedom.
The idea of a international league who substituted the old United Nation was given at Pierre Béreégovoy, prime minister of France in 92, in a meeting with his British counterpart; Nicholas Soames and with the Soviet Prime Minister; Boris Yeltsin, together the head of government of the most great nations in the world decide that the best way of rebuild the old world it would with a international league who would created a global community of nations leaving in peace, the disarm of nuclear weapons and resolve of disputes without the use of violence, but this was project and the structure, the new name and other things was to be decided, it was also to be decided where located the HQ of this new organization.
In the same year, in an other meeting but this time with the USP president, it was decide what name give at the new International organization, how it will be structured and where will he his HQ, for the name it was decided at the unanimity the name; International League of Nations, the four leaders have avoided of use the name New United Nations, as for many it have fail at preserve the world from a nuclear holocaust, so they use the name of the old League of Nations, even if this failed to avoided a war, but the use of the old name combined with the International word would avoided problems with the name.
It was also discuss where will be located the HQ of the ILON, France and UK thinking that Geneva would be a good option, but the USSR and the USP decide that it was more best if the ILON would be located in the Federation of the West Indies, at the end the idea of located the HQ in the West Indies succeed for various motivations.
For his structure it was decide that will be fallow a similar UN structure with a Security Council formed by USP, USSR, United Kingdom, Taiwan and France, plus other 5 countries chosen from each continent; Europe, Africa, Asia, America and Oceania voted for every 5 years, with the presence of a General Secretary elected by the Security Council and by the General Assembly, a statue who will explained the principal points and goal of the IL, and a general assembly composed by all the states member of the ILON and with two member per state.
For a state to be accepted in the LION it needs :
- Be recognized as a sovereign country fellow the definition of statehood and this means ;
- Permanent population.
- A defined territory.
- The capacity to enter into relations with the other states.
- Membership in the IL is open to all peace-loving states which accept the obligations contained in the present Charter and, in the judgment of the Organization, are able and willing to carry out these obligations.
- The admission of any such state to membership in the IL will be effected by a decision of the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Security Council.
- Don't have committed genocide or crime again the humanity during his existence
After have decide the structure and the statute of the ILON it was decide of set up the foundation day of the IL for the 28th October of the 2002, in the city of Chaguaramas, with the presence of the President of the West Indies, the most famous leader of state and government around the world, many journalist and many broadcasters around the world.
After the cerimony it was say a few speech in the general assembly by various head of state and by the Pope, most of they have say that this League will bring prosperity and hope at the world and stability to the world, and others have suggest that the people who have cause the war of being processed as criminals, but event with this the opening speechs of the IL was doing well.
The 1st General Secretary of the League was Kofi Annan, a African politican, became the first African at be elected as secretary of the IL and of the ex-UN, during his mandate many countries, especially that in the mainland US and Russia have join at the League, Annan have also resolve many dispute, such as that between Portugal and Angola or others, he was secretary until his resign in the 2010, as his successor was elected Javier Pérez de Cuéllar Guerra, a ex-ambassador for the Perù, during his mandate more nations are discovered in the intern part of the US and more peacekeeper force are dislocated there for discover, study and help the local population and recover any technology or cultural presence.
In the years after the foundation of the IL several regional HQs was build and created in various part of the world, here a full list of it :
- Dublin, Ireland (Competence over North Europe)
- Paris, France (Competence over Western Europe)
- Palermo, Sicily (Competence over the Mediterrean)
- Genevre, Switzerland (Competence over Central Europe and head of the others HQ)
- Rostov on Don, Russian Republic (Competence over the European Russia)
- Prague, Czechslovakia (Competence over East Europe)
- Tunisi, Tunisia (Competence over North Africa)
- Addis Abeba, Ethiopia (Competence over the Horn of Africa and head of the others HQ)
- Nairobi, EAF (Competence over East Africa)
- Cape City, South Africa (Competence over South Africa)
- Dakar, Nigeria (Competence over East Africa)
- Elizabethville, Katanga (Competence over Central Africa)
- Jerusalem, Israel (Competence over West Asia)
- New Delhi, India (Competence over South Asia)
- Kuala Lampur, Malaysia (Competence over South-east Asia and head of the others HQ)
- Osaka, Japan (Competence over East Asia)
- New Taipei, Republic of China (Competence over China)
- Astana, USSR (Competence over Central Asia)
- Canderra, Australia (Competence over Oceania)
- Novisibirsk, USSR (Competence over North Asia)
North America :
- Anchorage, USP (Competence over Alaska and West Canada)
- Sacramento, California (Competence on the Pacific Region of the USA)
- Corpus Christi, Texas (Competence over the Dixie region of the USA and head of the others HQ)
- Montpelier, Vermont (Competence over the New England region of the USA)
- Richmond, Virgina (Competence over the Mid Atlantic Region of the USA)
Central America :
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Kingston, WEF
South America :
- Rio de Janerio, Brazil
The Security Council is composed as the 2017 by :
- Permanent members :
- Republic of China
- Republic of France
- United Kingdom of England, Wales, Scotland and Mann Island
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- United States of the Pacific
- Europe :
- Republic of Abkhazia
- Republic of Croatia
- Republic of Finland
- German Democratic Republic
- Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
- Africa :
- Federal Republic of Canaries and Pais del Oro
- East African Federation
- Dominion of Gambia
- Republic of Katanga
- Republic of Namibia
- Asia :
- Islamic Republic of Iran
- Republic of India
- Monarchy of Saudi Arabia
- Empire of Japan
- United Arab Republic
- Oceania :
- Commonwealth of Australia
- Republic of Fiji
- Independent State of Papua New Guinea
- Kingdom of Tonga
- Commonwealth of New Zealand
- America :
- Republic of Argentina
- Republic of Brazil
- Dominion of Canada
- Republic of Cuba
- Republic of El Salvador
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Canaries and Pais del Oro
- Central African Republic
- People's Republic of China
- Costa Rica
- East Indies Federation
- East African Federation
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Federal Republic of Germany
- German Democratic Republic
- Italian Republic
- Ivory Coast
- Netherlands Antilles
- New Zealand
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Rif Republic
- Russian Republic
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Italy
- Soviet Union
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Republic
- United States of America
- United States of China
- United States of Virgin Islands
- United Kingdom
- Uyghur Islamic Republic
- Vatican State
These countries have either been expressively excluded from League Membership by any means until further notice for a variety of reasons, e.g. sparking a war, brutal dictatorship government or unsolved territorial disputes, or declined joining :
- Tamil Nadu - Accused to be a terrorist nation due to the various attacks again India and Sri Lanka.
- Punjab - Non application as the 2017.
- Islamic Courts of Somalia - Pariah state with the goal of create a only Muslim state in Somalia and generally in the horn of Africa, terrorist state part of the global terrorism.
- Maine - No application as 2017.
- Vermont - No application as 2017.