The Imperial House of Finland (Finnish: Keisarillinen Talo Suomessa) comprises those members of the extended family of the reigning Empress of Finland who undertake official and public duties. The Empress has active roles in the Finnish Government as well.
The Imperial House has been established in 1889, while a few Royal Family have been in existence since around 1714 in Finland.
Today, the only Royal Family that holds this is the Komeiji Royal Family.
- Maria Komeiji (1823 - 1888) (Shintō)
- Hemminki Komeiji (1820 - 1887) (Shintō)
- Sisko Komeiji (1858 - 1934) (Shintō)
- Kaapro Komeiji (1853 - 1928) (Shintō)
- Sonja Komeiji (1905 - ) (former Empress of Finland; Finnish paganist)
- Princess Elviira Komeiji (1912 - 1982) (Shintō)
- Princess Kyllikki Komeiji (1913 - ) (Shintō)
- Orvokki Komeiji (1910 - 1988) (Empress Himeakatateha, Empress of Finland from 1944-1988; Shintō)
- Prince Ashok Gandhi of Bhārat (1907 - ) [from the Gandhi Dynasty/House of Bhārat-Dravid-Afghan/Rajput-Pasto-Vijay]
- Princess Terhikki Komeiji (1967 - ) (Hindu)
- Satsuki Gandhi-Komeiji (1969 - ) (current Empress of Finland, Shintō)
- Princess Lumikki Komeiji (1970 - ) (Finnish Paganist)
Former Royal Family
Some of the former Royal family include the Seppänen Royal Family, and the Tanaka Royal Family.
The Seppänen Royal Family was the Royal Family of Finland that existed from 1799 until 1923, with the death of Empress Sasakia (Yuyuko Seppänen).
The Tanaka Royal Family existed since 1810s, but have moved to the former Finnish colony of Kōshi in the 1850s. Shortly after the independence of the Shogunate of Kōshi, the Imperial House of Kōshi was founded, soon leading in their own ways.
Seppänen Family Tree
- Serafiina Seppänen (1791 - 1867) (Shintō)
- Herkko Seppänen (1790 - 1862) (Finnish Paganism)
- Mirjam Seppänen (1819 - 1890) (Shintō)
- Keijo Seppänen (1814 - 1876) (Finnish Paganism)
- Prince Iisakki Seppänen (1835 - 1872) (Shintō)
- Princess Mimmi Seppänen (1838 - 1922) (Finnish Paganism)
- Aukusti Seppänen (1840 - 1905) (Former Emperor of Sweden, 1886-1889; Finnish Paganism)
- Yuyuko Seppänen (1855 - 1923) (Empress Sasakia, Empress of Finland from 1889-1923; Shintō)
Tanaka Royal Family (Imperial House of Kōshi)
Despite the Imperial House of Kōshi being it's own division, it is still counted as part of the Imperial House of Finland.
- Mimosa Tanaka (1799 - 1875) (Shintō)
- Kasperi Tanaka (1802 - 1870) (Finnish Paganism)
- Riitta Tanaka (1829 - 1892) (Shintō)
- Huugo Tanaka (1834 - 1880) (Finnish Paganism)
- Princess Tuuli Tanaka (1854 - 1948) (Finnish Paganism)
- Princess Martta Tanaka (1860 - 1959) (Shintō)
- Kaija Tanaka (1857 - 1930) (Empress Tanatoku, ruler of Kōshi from 1875 - 1930; Shintō)
- Isko Tanaka (1872 - 1925) (Finnish Paganism)
- Mikaela Tanaka (1910 - 1992) (Empress Tuoksuilangia, Empress of Kōshi 1930-1937, and of Saigyō 1937-1992; Shintō)
- Ahmad Tajuddin (1913 - 1995) (former Emperor of Saigyō; Islam) [from the House of Istana Mas Sugara, Istana Parit, Istana Yaumil Asri]
- Princess Karita Tajuddin-Tanaka (1974 - ) (Shintō)
- Satomi Tajuddin-Tanaka (1971 - ) (current Empress of Saigyō; Shintō)