Grand Duchess Michelle, Lady Berkshire is the second wife of Prince Richard and the stepmother of King Matthew I. She met Prince Richard while his son was in law school and they got married while he was running for Governor of Massachusetts. When Matthew I became king, his father was granted the an obligatory princely title, but as she is the new spouse of a divorcé, and a divorcée herself, she is not allowed a princely title. Therefore, Congress granted her a grand ducal title with the designation of Berkshire. She has two daughters, Andrea and Heather, with her former husband, but as she is not the custodial parent they are not allowed any royal or aristocratic titles of any kind. Michelle is currently in a custody battle with her former husband. If she wins custody, her daughters will be given lordly titles of Lady Andrea Berkshire and Lady Heather Berkshire.
Titles and Styles
- November 9, 1954 -- April 30, 1970: Miss Michelle Dawlins
- April 30, 1970 -- July 1, 1984: Mrs. Michelle Perry
- July 1, 1984 -- August 15, 1991: Miss Michelle Perry
- August 15, 1991 -- August 26, 1999: Mrs. Michelle Cates
- August 26, 1999 -- present: Her Serene Highness Lady Berkshire