Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a list of government systems that exist within the Great Empires timeline.
A democracy is a form of government in which all citizens hold the right to vote and influence the way in which a nation is led. This government type is very common.
- Theocratic democracy, a democracy where the people elect clergy or clergy holds power alongside the people
- Presidential democracy, a democracy where the president is the head of state and/or government
- Technocratic democracy, a democracy where the head of state is also a technocrat or the technocrats hold power alongside the people
- Direct democracy, a democracy where the people directly vote laws and hold power
- Indirect democracy or Representative democracy, a democracy where the people elect representatives to vote for them and represent them
A monarchy is a form of government in which the leadership of a nation lies with a single person (the monarch), this person may be an emperor/empress, king/queen, prince/princess or any other monarchical title.
- Theocratic monarchy, a monarchy where the clergy holds some power or the monarch is also a member of the clergy
- Absolute monarchy, a monarchy where the monarch holds absolute power over their nation
- Constitutional monarchy or democratic monarchy, a monarchy where the monarch's power is limited and the people can influence the government
- Sacred monarchy or divine monarchy, a monarchy where the monarch is regarded as a sacred being or a god(ess).
- Machiticratic monarchy, a monarchy where the monarch is elected through the process of who is the most skilled warrior and therefor most suitable leader
- Technocratic monarchy, a monarchy where the monarch is also a technocrat, or technocrats hold power alongside the monarch
A theocracy is a form of government where clergy are the leaders of the nation
- Democratic theocracy, a theocracy where people elect clergy
An oligarchy is a form of government where the power lies with a small number of people
- Aristocracy, an oligarchy where only a small privileged class rules
- Military junta, a military junta is a government led by a committee of military leaders
Authoritarianism is a form of government where individual freedom is limited and the governing body has absolute or almost absolute control, often by force
- Autocracy, a system where supreme power lies in the hands of one person
- Despotism, a system where a single entity rules with absolute power, this may be one or multiple persons
- Dictatorship, an autocratic or authoritarian form of government in which a government is ruled by either an individual: a dictator, or an authoritarian party, as in an oligarchy.
- Totalitarianism, a political system in which the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life wherever possible.
Anarchy is not actually a government system, but the absence thereof. It may also mean lawlessness or political disorder.
An utopia is a place where everything is "perfect". This is an idealist system where everyone is equal, everyone lives in peace and harmony, everthing and everyone is in perfect harmony and there is no need for laws. Almost no societiesin the universe have achieved this, an exception is the planet of Chrysalia.
Gender dominant systems
A system of government where males are the leaders and dominant gender
- Patriarchy, a system of government where fathers are the leaders of the government
A system of government where females are the leaders and dominant gender
- Matriarchy, a system of government where mothers are the leaders of government