The Government Agencies Act 2016 was enacted by the National Assembly of Ireland on the 21 July 2001. It introduced a new office called the Office of Agency Administration which made all agencies of the government under this one to be administered by. This also introduced many new agencies.
Office of Agency Administration
This new office was to collectively administer all agencies within the Government of Ireland. It was to the agencies present statistics and reports. It presented and published monthly reports on all agencies and presented them to the Administration Board who reviewed the reports and decided whether or not to take any further action.
Many of the old agencies within the government were either merged or abolished and even some new agencies.
- National Agriculture Agency
- Office of the Arts and Gaeltacht Development
- Association for the Disabled and Higher Needs
- General Food Board
- Retail Regulation Society
- Committee of Construction and National Development (Merged with the Committee of National Development and Innovation)