Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| The following Global Reunification page is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.
How much would the present world change if Balkan nations allied and grew into major powers post WWI? What wars would change? Will technological progress slow down or speed up?
Point of Divergence
In this scenario Greece and Bulgaria decide to form an alliance and expand into post-WWI Turkey. Previous tensions between the two had been calmed for due to several factors. First of which is a common hatred to Turkey and previous actions of the Ottoman Empire. Another factor in the easing of these tensions is a rise in Balkan nationalism, giving Greece and Bulgaria reasons to see each other "related" in the sense that both are Balkan nations going through this nationalist rise. Since the weakened Ottoman Empire had collapsed a couple of years prior, Greece and Bulgaria took the perfect opportunity to take some land in Anatolia. Yugoslavia, Hungary, and Czechoslovakia fear the growing Bulgaria and Greece, so they ally to become equal with them. This results in another war taking place half a decade before WWII in our timeline. Others include previously small nations growing, and possible empires matching that of the British and French of the time.
- March 23rd, 1922 - Balkan nationalist movements pop up in Greece, Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania.
- June 5th, 1922 - Balkan nationalism has Bulgaria attempt as easing tensions with Greece to some degree.
- June 25th, 1922 - Previous rivalries in the lower Balkans start to dissolve.
- July 4th, 1922 - Bulgaria and Greece from an alliance.
- August 25th, 1924 - Bulgaria and Greece declare war on Turkey.
- December 12th, 1924 - Bulgaria has occupied the top-left corner of Anatolia, while Greece has occupied the bottom-left corner.
- April 9th, 1925 - Turkey surrenders, giving the bottom left quarter of its land to Greece, and the top left quarter to Bulgaria.
- February 3rd, 1925 - Yugoslavia, Hungary and Czechoslovakia form an alliance in fear of growing Bulgaria and Greece.
- May 29th, 1925 - Hungary declares war on Austria.
- June 12th, 1925 - Yugoslavia declares war on Austria and Italy.
- July 1st, 1925 - Germany and Italy declare war on Hungary and Yugoslavia.
- September 2nd, 1925 - Czechoslovakia joins the war on the side of Yugoslavia and Hungary.
- March 13th, 1926 - Italy surrenders, giving the top third of its land to Yugoslavia.
- August 5th, 1926 - Austria surrenders, giving most of its land to Hungary.
- January 24th 1827 - Czechoslovakia surrenders, giving its entire left half to Germany.
- February 12th 1927 - Yugoslavia and Hungary surrender, having Hungary give back Austria the land it lost, with an additional quarter from Hungary.