Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Republic of Genoa|
Repúbrica de ZênaTimeline: Principia Moderni IV (Map Game)
OTL equivalent: Republic of Genoa
(and largest city)
The Republic of Genoa (Ligurian: Repúbrica de Zêna) is an independent state in Liguria on the northwestern Italian coast, incorporating Corsica and numerous other territories throughout the Mediterranean.
1400-1450In 1400 Marco Visconti of the House of Visconti was elected Doge. Genoa also created the Bank of St. George and the Genovese Arsenal.
In 1403-1405 Genoa was at war with Venice eventually leading to its downfall and the Genovese capture of Athens and southern Euobea.
In 1407 Genoa joined in a coalition with Castile and Aragon to participate in the Second Barbary Crusade. The Genovese navy in the war completely destroyed the navy of the Ottoman Empires. At the conclusion of the war, the Republic of Genoa created the Duchy of Constantine and halted piracy from Tunis.
In the 1420s Genoves Crimea fell as well Constantine. During this time Genoa also praticiatipted in a crsuade against the Ottoman Empire. Also in 1427 the March of Montefferat joined the Republic of Genoa, thus becoming the first portion of Genovese terraferma.
- Boccanegra- Doges
- Cybo-Popes and Cardinals
- Doria-Seafarers and Admirals, Lords of Oneglia
- Durazzo-Normal Family
- Fieschi-Popes, Cardinals, and Saints, also Counts of Lavagna
- Gattilusi-Lords of Lesbos and Anios, had major ties to the Palaiologos
- Ghisolfi-Jews, Bankers, and Rulers of Crimea
- Giustiniani-Normal Family, Rulers of Chios
- Grimaldi-Bankers, and Princes of Monaco
- Imperiali-Normal Family
- Pallavicini-Normal Family
- Spinola- Bankers and Generals
Palaiologos Family Tree
- John Jacob Palaiologos, Margrave of Montferrat (1395-
- Marco Visconti, Doge of Genoa and Prince of Helios (1360-1424)
- Marco II Visconti, Doge of Genoa and Prince of Helios (1392-
- Duchy of Athens- Vassal, Ruled by the Acciaioli
- Duchy of Constantine- Vassal, Ruled by the Fieschi
Coats of Arms