Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gary Ablett Jr. (born 14 May 1984) is a professional Australian Rules Football player currently playing in the Australian Football League for the Richmond Tigers Football Club as a midfielder and captain.
As the eldest son of the Geelong and Richmond player nicknamed God (Gary Ablett Snr.), he was recruited under the father-son rule during the 2001 Draft, and began playing during the immediate 2002 season. Since then, many have claimed that Ablett Jr. has become one of the greatest of the modern era.
Acknologed to be one of the most elite midfielders currently player, he has been bestowed a number of honors, including;
- A 2008 and 2011 AFL premiership medalion;
- A Brownlow medal for the best player of the home and away season for 2010;
- The Leigh Matthews Trophy for being the most valuable player two seasons in a row;
- A Jack Dyer medal for the most valuable player for the Richmond Tigers in 2010;
- Captaincy of Richmond, passed onto him in 2010 and;
- Was given a place on five All-Australian teams, three of which were in a row.