- Official Name: Kingdom of France
- Conventional Name: France
- Official Local Name: Royaume de France
- Citizen Adjective: French
- Adjective Plural: French
- Abbreviation: FRA
- Government Type: Revolutionary Monarchy
- National Capital: Paris
- King: Alphonse I
- Official Religion: Roman Catholicism (other types of Christianity are tolerated).
- The government of France is a monarchy, and the Head of State is the King Robert III. But the king has an advisor counsel, formed for nobleman and some people's representatives. The nobles have yet some special rights, but now the people have rights too. All the non-rebel nobles conserves the pre-revolution rights. The king is the unique figure of the government, but he can not violate the rights of the common people.
The division system was reformed for the King. The noblemen conserve their power (as members of the Parliament).
- Crown's lands (Paris and its environs)
- Duchy of Brittany
- Duchy of Orleans
- Duchy of Normandy
- Duchy of Lyon
- Duchy of Flanders (French Netherlands)
- Duchy of Anjou
- Duchy of Aquitanie
- Principality of Haiti (Colony)
- Principality of Malouinas (Colony)
- Sultanate of Algeria (Vassal)
- Fish, Cloth, Grain, Wine, Iron, Wool, Sugar
- The French army has generals called "knights", master of the tactic and the art of war. Initially, just the noblemen can be knights, but since 1885, also the high-class plebeian men can be.
- The French navy consists of three Fleets, the "offensive" fleet of Galleon type ships which is typically stationed in Le Havre, the "colonial" fleet of mostly Barques which sail with a few Caravels that typically dock in Haiti, and the "defensive" fleet which consists of Galleasses, with a few Barques and two Caravels that are docked in Marseilles. The current colonial or troop transport ships consists of the Dutch inspired Flytes.
France is known as an pro-Christian nation. France promotes the unity of the entire Christendom. The country has alliances with Naples, Hanthawaddy, Milan, the Papal States, Sweden and Hungary, Russia, Burgundy, Australian Kingdom, Venice and Vietnam.
In Orléans there is a permanent diplomatic ecumenical council, which pretends to promote the unity of the Christendom, make the universal peace an initiate the fifth crusade. The council already has ambassadors from Naples, Venice, Russia, Spain, the Papal States, Hanthawaddy, Hungary and Sweden and Burgundy.
France supported the Burgundian invasion of Flanders, the Mamluk-Cuban war, and the Hungary/Venetian war with the Ottomans. France-Burgundy fought with the Zyyynids in the First Algerian War; and with Savoy, annexing all the western territory.
Prince Henri is married with the queen of Sweden. The king Robert inherit the Burgundian throne from his cousin Charles, then is currently in personal union with this kingdom.
France have a huge number of colonies, personal unions and client kingdoms.
The official title of the monarch of France is:
By the God's grace, His Imperial Majesty Peter, the first of his name. Head of the Russian Senate and the French Parliament; Emperor of France and Autocrat of Russia; Tsar of All Russias and Lithuania; Dominator of Livonia; High King of the United Crusader Principalities; Exiled King of Spain; Exiled Prince of Malouinas; Exiled Grand Prince of Iceland; High Shogun of Finland; Gran Duke of the Caucasus, Crimea and the Russian Far East; Exiled Count of Cote d'Ivoire; Count of Guinée; Supreme Ruler fo the French and Russian colonies, Ruler of Siberia and all its Possessions; Protector of the Baltics and the Caliphate of Mecca.
The former colony of Haiti was the first external territory of France in which the slavery was banned. Its main exports are sugar, coffee, cocoa and clothes. Haiti is ruled by a Governor, who is commander-in-chief of the independent military corps and militias, represented by the Colonial Navy of Haiti and the Colonial Haitian Militia. Its capital is Port-au-Prince. The most of the Haitians are Schmittist, but little Catholic and Eastern-christian enclaves may be found in the west and north, respectively.
Recently, in 1798, Haiti got its independence as the Empire of Haiti. After a short war it was recognised by the french government, that was just about to fall anyway.
Terre de Feu
The territories of Terre de Fue, Patagonie and Moluinas was colonized by Schmittists who found their own land and gave it as gift to the king. The colony of Malouinas is formed by two main islands: The Island of Saint Robert (west) and the Island of the Prince Henri (east). In Terre de Feu was declared officially the first Duke who ruled over the colonies. Patagonie was conquered during the Incan Crusade. The duchy is in personal union with the crown, so the king is at the same time governor of the colony. The main exports are seafood and Incan art products. Tourism is very common. Its capital is the city of Pierrot (named after the first Duke), and other important city is Port Saint Robert. The army of Terre de Feu is semi-independent from the main French armies.
In 1803 Maximilien Robespierre became Prime Minister of France under the just crowned Robert V the Tyrant. His regime was brutal, and it couldn't be possible without Robespierre's help. When the Revolution of the Order broke out in 1807 an failed, Robespierre saw that it was futile to support Robert V anymore. He killed him and his children, and then formed a Ruling Council composed of himself, Joachim Murat and Ahmet of Mecca. When Peter of Russia was recognised as Emperor and asked Robespierre to response for his terrible crimes during Robert's rule and even the massacre during the revolution, he fled to Malouinas and established an independent Res Publiccisima (Commonwealth). To see the rest of the history, check the page Commonwealth of Malouinas.
Located in North America (OTL NewFoundland), the colony is the main port of trade which allows the Emperor to trade with the colonies of Russia, Hungary and Vietnam, and the great country of Itsayghai. Its exports are seafood and minerals. Its capital is Saint-Jean.
It emancipated from France to join Haiti, taking also the just annexed Russian colony of Nouvelle Bretagne.
The most militarized colony, ruled by a Marshal. The ol New Songhayan empire was conquered after a long war with France, and since then Nouvelle Songhaï is the operations center of the French armies in Africa, trying to conquest Wolof and other states. Its capital is the Port of the King Jean. It's a colony of Mecca.
Ruled by the local aristocracy, settled in the homonym city, Guinée was a french colony sold to Burgundy and after re-incorporated to the French Royal Domain. Is the base of the claims over the rebel colony of Cote d'Ivoire. It was ruled by a Popular Assembly. After the ascension of Rousseau the colony is a territory under parliamentary control.
Formerly independent, it was conquered during the Second Algerian War in 1695. The Sultanate was, for a long time, the second most powerful state in the Parliament. When Arabia became independent, the Sultans became Caliphs as well, but, in 1782 the rightful Sultan Djem was expulsed from the country by the Caliph, and his young brother became Sultan under a Regency Council. The young Mehmet died in 1791, and the Regency Council decided to proclaim a sort of oligarchy to rule the country under the protection of the Caliph Suleyman. In 1794, Djem arrived to the coasts of Argel, taking the city and executing the member of the Regency Council. Since then, Algeria is not more a Sultanate, but a colony of the Caliphate of Mecca
The Caliphate of Arabia was an independent state ruled by the Caliph (also Sultan of Algeria). It was conquered by France during the Mamluk Crusade. It's the main center of the Islamic religions, and is very visited, especially during the Hajj. When the caliphate became elective, while Algeria remained hereditary, both the sultan Djem and the Caliph Suleyman competed for the Arabian throne. The Caliph exiled Djem to the colonies, but he became a powerful advisor of the Emperor himself, and a figure of influence in the colonies, specially Songhay. While Djm was conquering Algeria, the Caliph was preparing himself to go to war against Egypt for not help him in the Third Swedo-Russian War. The troops went back to Mecca and took him prisoner, until his execution by Djem himself. Then Djem became Caliph of Mecca, and Algeria and Songhay its colonies.
This kingdom re-emerged by the hand of Charles I, the cousin of the king Robert III. After his death, Robert inherited the kingdom until his death, and the kingdom became independent again. Finally the king Charles II died and the french prince Alexander I became the new king, and the nation joined the Parliament. Its current king is Charles III.
List of Kings of the Burgundians:
- Charles I (1660 - 1675). Crowned by a revolution. Died childless.
- Robert I (1675 - 1687). Cousin of Charles I. King Robert III of France.
- Charles II (1687 - 1729). Nephew of Robert I. Dead childless.
- Jean I (1729 - 1732). Cousin in third grade of Charles II and grand-grandson of Robert I. He abdicated.
- Alexander I (1732 - 1740). Second son of Jean I. He ruled until his death.
- Alexander II (1740 - 1765). Son of Alexander I. Killed by Milanese-Waldensian rebels.
- Charles III (1765 - 1784). Son of Alexander II. Dead childless.
- August I Harold (as King) (1784 - 1803). Uncle in second degree of Charles III. Current monarch.
- Johann Karl (as Chancellor) (1784 - ???). Old head of the Burgundian Parliament.
- Robert II (1803 - 1807). Son of August I Harold. Overthrown, children killed.
- Peter I (1807 - Incumbent). Nephew of August I Harold and cousin of Robert II. Emperor of Russia.
United Crusader Principalities
The United Kingdom of Edessa and Antioch was created after the collapse of the Venetian Republic. The Crusader States, that were a protectorate of Venice, asked for french protection. The young Peter I of the french royal family became King. The former state of Cilicia was sold to Greece.
Later it was re-named as the United Crusader Principalities when John I declared the elective monarchy for unknown reasons. In 1795 he recognised his homosexual inclinations, asking the Parliament to allow him to do so. The Parliament rejected him, and a civil war killed him and a fast succession of kings and princes whose rule was disastrous forced the Council of Princes to elect the emperor Robert V himself as High King in 1804. Since then the crown became hereditary, so the Emperor of France is the High King of the United Crusader Principalities.
The following map shows the religions in the French Parliament's domains.
- Blue- Catholicism
- Green - Islam (Caliphal Arabian Islam)
- Orange - Judaism
- Gold - Schmittism
- Purple - Swedish Orthodoxism
- Dark purple - East Asian Church
- Dark Orange - Waldesianism
- Brown - Incan religion
- Aqua - Russian Orthodoxism
- Light brown - Greek Orthodoxism