- Grand Armée (1) - 250,000 troops
- Corps (2) - 125,000 troops
- Division (25) - 10,000 troops
- Regiment (50) - 5,000 troops
- Battalion (250) - 1,000 troops
At the Battalion level, the divisions are more varied. However, the basic unit of military operations is the platoon, of about 50 men, on average. Therefore, there are about 5,000 platoons in the French Grand Armée.
The French Army is highly trained, and in addition to the 250,000 active-duty troops, there are 150,000 men enrolled in their local militias, with an additional 200,000 men enrolled in the Garde Mobile.
The French Navy is made up of 470 ships.