The Fourth Treaty of Chan Chan was proposed by Andea, at the recommendation of Borealia. More to be added when the treaty is ironed out.
Article 1: General Terms
- All powers that sign this treaty agree to recognize the current borders (of member states only) as legitimate. No attempt will be made by any signing power to undermine the current borders of the nations involved. Should a nation disregard this, they will have to face a hearing conducted by uninvolved but signing powers.
- The nations of this Union will not act in a way that jeopardizes the political integrity of said Union or her member states, especially in times of crisis or negotiation.
- In the event of a civil war, revolt or revolution in one member state that is deemed a threat or danger to the Union or her interests will be dealt with by the members of the Union. The Union will vote of these issues, needing a simple majority to pass.
Article 2: Transnational Union
- The Main reason this treaty has been called is to iron out a new Union between the Second Hesperia League and the New Munich Pact. Andea sees the need to iron out the specifics of said Union.
- The Union will be the successor to the Late Union of Hesperia and Borealia, and will include any nation already in the Second Hesperian League or New Munich Pact.
- In the event of a war between a power of New Munich and a power of Hesperian League, the existing alliances will supercede this Union, and no state will be expected to act against a member of their respective alliance. That being said, should tensions run high, any member of the Union may call for an emergency congress of the Union's members.
- The Union will have a Pan-Union congress every three-to-five years to discuss political, economic and social issues in the nations of the Union.
- Nations who join the league must agree to the clauses presented in this treaty.
Article 3: Economics
- All nations involved will agree to a free trade zone.
- The Nations involved in this treaty will agree to support local industry over international industry.
- The Fishing Rights of Algonquia and others will be respected and enforced by the members of this treaty.
Article 4: Colonialism
- All nations of this treaty will agree to respect the colonial claims of the member states.
- The Nations of this treaty agree to, at a later date, organize a meeting of nations with Antarctic interests to design and Antarctic Treaty.
Andea encourages that other nations propose terms to this treaty. If you are not on the signature list, you are not involved in this treaty.
In my opinion it's a bit early for a giant free trade zone (such a treaty across South America was not signed until 1960 in OTL for example), but no matter. I agree to recognizing the current in Hesperia (the borders laid out/drawn in the Treaty of The Hague essentially), however I don't necessarily agree to recognize all borders in general. I understand the need for a European Union of sorts (although again kind of early), however if I understand this correctly we're becoming an actual loose confederation, and that is kind of ridiculous. What is borders change, e.g. a war forces one power to collapse? This is a fairly entangling alliance, are we all supposed to jointly fight against Germany, for example, because of the San Diego debacle? What if a nation becomes Communist, becomes a dictatorship, undermines the continent as a whole? What was the in game (not OOC) incentive/catalyst that even put this union on the table? Fritzmet (talk) 16:24, June 16, 2015 (UTC)
Borealia proposes the Hesperian League should endorse the New Munich Declaration, thereby pledging to liberate any foreign colony in Borealia or Hesperia should the opportunity arise. Borealia also proposes endorsing the Nemiscau Declaration, which ensures economic and political freedom to all native peoples in Borealia and Hesperia.
You are misunderstanding, we are not becoming any sort of confederation. This alliance is fairly loose, created only to maintain the current order in the Americas and prevent one nation from completely dominating the Americas. If New Munich went to war with Germany or Japan or someone, no one in South America has to help, but you can not do anything that would jeopardize the war effort. Let's go back to the Belize incident. If Mexaca, as a member, lays claim to Belize, Andea could not make a treaty recognizing Germany's hold on Belize. Andea could choose to stay mute on the issue. To restate the basic premise, the Union is designed to prevent disorder in the Americas. If a nation collapses, it collapses. The Union is not bound to save said nation. The Union is bound to figure out a method of dealing with the fallout should that nation collapse. #PraiseRoosevelt. 19:09, June 16, 2015 (UTC)
PS: The Ingame catalyst was multiple things. The Hamburg war, the Mexacan civil war, the San Diego failure.
Second Hesperia League:
- Andea and her Protectorate of Cape Ferdinand: President Carlos de La Hoya: #PraiseRoosevelt. 19:14, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Empire of Brazil:
- Kingdom of Guiana:
- Grand Duchy of Emeraldie:
- Union of Borelia: Franz Arbol, General President of the Curia Borealia
- Reman Empire: Filling in for Sat, "This is not your grave but you are welcome in it." 01:03, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Mexacan Empire: Spar
- Algonquia: High Sachem of Algonquia Sikosew Inew
- Commonwealth Lordship of Neu Norderney: Lord Conrad VII: Callumthered (talk) 02:36, July 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Representatives of the Other German States:
- Commonwealth States (Bavaria): I was Normandy in PM2. It was great. (talk) 01:45, July 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Commonwealth Kingdoms (Hamburg): Friedrich, By the Grace of God, King of the Germans, Holy Roman Emperor, Protector of the Commonwealth, King of the Seven Kingdoms I am that guy (talk) 01:50, July 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Commonwealth Duchy of Oldenburg: Duke Wilhelm II: Callumthered (talk) 02:36, July 21, 2015 (UTC)