|First European War|
Battle of Trafalgar
|French Empire||United Kingdom|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Napoleon I||Duke of Wellington
The First European War was a conflict between two alliances, one lead by the French Empire and the other by the United Kingdom, fought from 1803-1812. The war has been divided into three main theaters, the European Theater, North Atlantic Theater, and the North American Theater. In the European Theater, there was two main fronts: the Eastern Front and the Iberian Front. The European Front took place across Prussia, and eventually Russia, while the Iberian Front took place across the Iberian Peninsula or Spain and Portugal. In the North American Theater, there was three main fronts: the Canadian Front, the Indian Front, and the Caribbean Front. The Canadian Front was the American invasion and annexation of Canada. The Indian Front was the frontier of the United States of America, and was fought between the American militia and its Indian allies against Tecumesh and his Indian Coalition. The Caribbean Front was fought between the American forces under the command of Andrew Jackson and an the colonial militias of Cuba, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Jamaica, and other Caribbean Islands. The North Atlantic Theater was where an majority of the naval battles of the war were fought, and eventually dominated by the young United States Navy and the more power French Imperial Navy.
The Treaty of Paris was signed by the warring nations in June 1, 1812, with France and the United States being the major winners of the war. The treaty:
- Great Britain will cede all of British Canada, Bahamas, Bermuda, Jamaica, British Caribbean Islands, Mosquito Coast, Belize, and former Dutch Guyana over to the United States.
- The Hudson Bay Company will be forced to hand over its territory and outposts to the United States.
- The Oregon Territory will be granted to the United States.
- Russian Alaska will be handed over to the United States.
- Spain will recognize American control over Florida, Cuba, and Puerto Rico.
- Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Central America, Colombia, and Peru will be granted independence from their respective nations.
- All of Britain's African and Asian colonies will be transferred to the French Empire.
- Great Britain will recognize the Republic of Ireland and the Kingdom of Scotland.
- Spain, Austria, Prussia, and Portugal will be annexed by the French Empire.