The major powers (both victorious and defeated nations of World War I) can all be identified through their flags on the right side of the map. You may also use this list:
- Ming Empire (magenta)
- German Empire (black)
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and the British Empire
- State of France (pale-ish blue)
- Soviet Union and People's Republic of Turkey (light orange)
- Japan (light green)
- Qing Empire (light purple)
- Austria-Hungary (light brown)
- USA (blue)
- Italy (green)
- Mexico (dark green)
- Greece and colonial Empire (dark blue)
The only exceptions (that is, coloured realms with no flag on the right side) are Hashemite Arabia (olive) and Saudi Arabia (pale green), the two being powers that are still light weights in the international concerto. The satellites of Germany and their respective colonial empires are featured in dark grey.
Appears on these pages
A map showing the political situation of the world in 1925. Click on the picture to see what the...