This list of external sources is intended as a collection of information sources around the theme Doomsday, World War III, nuclear war, military nuclear information and so on.
- Doomsday event title
- Nuclear Warfare
- Stanislav Petrov this ATL not savior of the World
- This ATL's POD in OTL
- 1983 event of that year
- Nuclear Fallout
- Square Leg
- The original "Doomsday Clock" Bulletin of American Nuclear Scientists.
- Mapping World War III: Soviet Global Invasion Routes - Article about a 1987 Department of Defense plan that projected the path of a Soviet invasion in case of World War III. Used as a defense to the Soviet Union targeting China during Doomsday.
- Nukewatch: Nuclear Weapons - Article lists the location of nuclear missile silos in the United States. Influenced the creation of the North American Union.
- WWIII? British Release Secret Planning Manual - Fox News article on British secret plan in case of World War III. Influenced the creation of New Britain.
- Nuclear Holocausts: Atomic War in Fiction by Paul Brians - a list of fictional depictions of nuclear war and its aftermath.
- Ground Zero II - A java nuclear bomb simulator. Simulates blast radius and fallout drift of various yield nuclear devices.
- List of potential nuclear targets according to Survivalring.org.
- Der Mann, der den dritten Weltkrieg verhinderte - Interview with Stanislav Petrov, in German.
- Johnston Archive - Information and elaborations on possible nuclear conflict.
- Nuclear Warfare 101, 102, and 103 - Information on doctrine in the event of a nuclear war and possible repercussions, as well as information on how nukes work.
- HYDESim - The high yield detonation simulator.
- CDC- A useful website about effects of blast on the human body and man-made structures.
- "No More Nukes?" - Time article dealing with the motivations behind the arms race and the USA's planned strategy for a nuclear war.
- City Population Statistics: A database of country, province/state, county, and city populations, both before and after Doomsday. Useful for estimating populations.
- 1983: Doomsday - Group on Facebook.